Dejphon Chansiri

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Such a simple, common sense* strategy. The most successful ones usually are.

* Common sense isn’t necessarily common on Owlstalk though :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Dear Dejphon

Please allow me to share my Wednesday vision with you.

After the shambles of the last 3 season now is the time to step up and show real leadership.

I ask you for the good of our club to part ways with Stuffing Boy and Monk.

I ask you please to employ an experienced CEO and DOF and listen to them, utilise there knowledge and expertise.

I ask you to recruit a proven manager such as Nigel Pearson, he has all the qualities needed to take our club forward and ultimately back to the Premiership.

I ask that you make whatever funds are available to the new manager to be used at his discretion and be allowed to sign the players he believes will get us promoted. 

Regardless of what division we are playing in next season now is a is a glorious time to have a complete overhaul of the club,  please don't waste it.

No one wants to see you fail because if you fail our club fails, no one is saying your heart isn't in the right place but it is very clear you have little knowledge on how to run a football club to recruit the right people to help support you in this.

If you get this right the fans will start to come back, the feel good factor returns to our club and you gain the trust and respect of us all.

Mistakes have been made but its not to late to learn from them.

Regards

BAW

I like the sentiment behind this post. Especially the last line.

You clearly want the best for us which is an admirable sentiment.

The reason the post falls down though is in your detailed requests.

They are personal to you & way too specific. For instance, I agree with a lot of what you say but personally cannot abide Pearson.

You ask for DC to show "Leadership". People don't want the owner to show "Leadership". They want him to do what THEY want him to do, yourself included. You could argue he showed "Leadership" by deciding on a policy of promoting season ticket sales over POTG sales. 

Running any business is going to alienate a lot of people. 

Everyone thinks they have all the answers and are only too willing to give the people in power the benefit of their wisdom.

Like I said. Admirable sentiment but ask 100 people & they will ALL have THEIR own recipes for how THEY think it should be done and are only too willing to let the world know.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I like the sentiment behind this post. Especially the last line.

You clearly want the best for us which is an admirable sentiment.

The reason the post falls down though is in your detailed requests.

They are personal to you & way too specific. For instance, I agree with a lot of what you say but personally cannot abide Pearson.

You ask for DC to show "Leadership". People don't want the owner to show "Leadership". They want him to do what THEY want him to do, yourself included. You could argue he showed "Leadership" by deciding on a policy of promoting season ticket sales over POTG sales. 

Running any business is going to alienate a lot of people. 

Everyone thinks they have all the answers and are only too willing to give the people in power the benefit of their wisdom.

Like I said. Admirable sentiment but ask 100 people & they will ALL have THEIR own recipes for how THEY think it should be done and are only too willing to let the world know.

This is the kind of post that you read, and it makes you angry

You read it and it winds you up

You can get angry or upset reading it

But it's the truth

It's one of those 'harsh but true' posts that you simply cannot deny

It's factual and it is one that you have to read, understand, accept and  agree with

Even I got wound up reading it but by the end I understood it's just fact

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Dear Dejphon

Please allow me to share my Wednesday vision with you.

After the shambles of the last 3 season now is the time to step up and show real leadership.

I ask you for the good of our club to part ways with Stuffing Boy and Monk.

I ask you please to employ an experienced CEO and DOF and listen to them, utilise there knowledge and expertise.

I ask you to recruit a proven manager such as Nigel Pearson, he has all the qualities needed to take our club forward and ultimately back to the Premiership.

I ask that you make whatever funds are available to the new manager to be used at his discretion and be allowed to sign the players he believes will get us promoted. 

Regardless of what division we are playing in next season now is a is a glorious time to have a complete overhaul of the club,  please don't waste it.

No one wants to see you fail because if you fail our club fails, no one is saying your heart isn't in the right place but it is very clear you have little knowledge on how to run a football club to recruit the right people to help support you in this.

If you get this right the fans will start to come back, the feel good factor returns to our club and you gain the trust and respect of us all.

Mistakes have been made but its not to late to learn from them.

Regards

BAW

Agree with most of the post unfortunately the listening to experienced CEO and/or DOF is the part Mr Chansiri doesn’t seem to be able to do.  He needs support from experienced people who care about the club like we do and there aren’t that many about.

If only he could get Howard Wilkinson involved at some level (CEO or DOF) perhaps with Gary Megson as coach.

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

He does.

There have been conversations put it that way

I can't divulge but I can assure you that this forum is read by him, his people, his advisors, his son and others at the club.

Of course they are. We live in the social media world. Everyone is on their phone. You must have to be such good will power to not to come on here or Twitter as a player or staff member and see what the fans are saying. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1