Dejphon Chansiri

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Not me

I'm in the roughest bar in Skegness on my laptop

lol

I've just sat down, got my macbook pro out and started working. Right in the middle of a stag do.

Foooook em

Which one there's so many to choose from ?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We did have one, by all accounts wasn’t that bad at her job either 

Everyone hated her because she was mean to some Charlton fans 

Personally don’t think she had the control. The CEO should be public facing, talking to the media, issuing statements on the club website, setting the identity of the club and supporting the manager with financing player deals, creating a culture that runs throughout the club in every single department.

All we ever heard from Katrien is she helped secure a Pop up store in Meadowhall. She left after just over a year in post.

• Like 3

Hmmm. When he took us over I said (probably in here) that we became at the mercy of an unknown and it would be a rollercoaster.

He started well, albeit with the potg prices ringing faint alarm bells. Pearson and Roeder, not people I was big fans of but at least with a knowledge of English football, seemed to be guiding him and we were looking good. Albeit with some odd defeats thrown in.

Second season, fletcher was expensive but kind of understandable. I admit to being delighted we signed Abdi. It was January 2017 when it began to go wrong: I honestly thought Rhodes was a daft signing when we could have addressed two other areas instead. If DC was genuinely swayed by fans wanting him then more fool him. I would love to know what caused CC to change his philosophy that season from high press, extra runners to a static approach.

Since then... who persuaded him to appoint Jos? Can only be someone with his ear like the poisonous guy with the king off Lord Of The Rings. Inexplicable signings... brief sanity with Bruce’s team who I suspect had the experience and confidence to do it their way.

Bullen strikes me as a loyal, if subservient employee. Monk... damaged goods who probably only took it as his reputation had been sullied.

In short.... DC is probably well intentioned but has made monumental mistakes. I recall him saying we were going to be financially aggressive, but then cutting adrift all his football advisors. At the time I could hear agents and advisory groups rubbing their hands in glee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hmmm. When he took us over I said (probably in here) that we became at the mercy of an unknown and it would be a rollercoaster.

He started well, albeit with the potg prices ringing faint alarm bells. Pearson and Roeder, not people I was big fans of but at least with a knowledge of English football, seemed to be guiding him and we were looking good. Albeit with some odd defeats thrown in.

Second season, fletcher was expensive but kind of understandable. I admit to being delighted we signed Abdi. It was January 2017 when it began to go wrong: I honestly thought Rhodes was a daft signing when we could have addressed two other areas instead. If DC was genuinely swayed by fans wanting him then more fool him. I would love to know what caused CC to change his philosophy that season from high press, extra runners to a static approach.

Since then... who persuaded him to appoint Jos? Can only be someone with his ear like the poisonous guy with the king off Lord Of The Rings. Inexplicable signings... brief sanity with Bruce’s team who I suspect had the experience and confidence to do it their way.

Bullen strikes me as a loyal, if subservient employee. Monk... damaged goods who probably only took it as his reputation had been sullied.

In short.... DC is probably well intentioned but has made monumental mistakes. I recall him saying we were going to be financially aggressive, but then cutting adrift all his football advisors. At the time I could hear agents and advisory groups rubbing their hands in glee.

That's 99.9% how I see things, the only thing I differ on is I was chuffed to bits we signed Rhodes.

I also think FWIW that Paxo is a very dark subversive character who has made himself almost indispensable to Chansiri and not for the better.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

That's 99.9% how I see things, the only thing I differ on is I was chuffed to bits we signed Rhodes.

I also think FWIW that Paxo is a very dark subversive character who has made himself almost indispensable to Chansiri and not for the better.

Would love to know the full doyen/ paxiao story.

Doubt we ever will.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Omg

I just typed Chansiri on my phone. And it auto corrected to Casbah

That "Rocks" 

EDIT: Don't let that be wasted..... lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 2

Guest wilyfox
45 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Omg

You don't think????

It gets worse...

I've been on google translate, turns out Paixao is Portuguese for Big Guns. 

5 hours ago, Brad_owl said:

I can't fault this post. 

We need some real leadership now. This is a crossroad's for us now and the smart decisions now will pay dividends in a couple of seasons.

Whether Monk is the man im not sure, im torn. No matter what he should have got better results with the squad he had. No question.

In Dejphon we trust!?

I can ... too not to

8 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Anyway... apropos of nothing, here’s DC as a young man...

I couldn't see the likeness myself at first but the longer I looked at the photograph the more it began to make sense......:Chansiri:

EF122061-444C-48BD-9A54-6ED69CA6C331.jpeg.c1dd046c6e8576bd36f9906fe969ff8e.png

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Grandad said:

Omg

You don't think????

Maybe named after a seedy, back street drinking establishment in Bangkok.

Kaz Bar

It's all falling into place now.

:Chansiri:

• Haha 3

So, Mr Chansiri - according to previous posters, you read Owlstalk. 

So, if you’re reading this, I would just like to ask you one simple question , please ?

Why is it that well respected and relatively successful managers such as Nigel Pearson and Chris Hughton are, apparently, not interested in coming here to work for you as managers at your football club ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

P. S Somebody within the club told me last year that nobody dares disagree with him. He is surrounded by yes men. Those who did are no longer at the club. 

This reminds me of an American politician, name escapes me at the moment though........ lol

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He does.

There have been conversations put it that way

I can't divulge but I can assure you that this forum is read by him, his people, his advisors, his son and others at the club.

You are joking aren't you?

I'm gonna get Tang'oed.

11 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wonder what happened to that Bergkamp, Larsson consortium that was close to buying an EFL club.  Maybe it came up against an EFL charge... 

Joking aside, I’m not sure how Cocu can invest in an EFL club when he is manager of one of them 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thecelticstar.com/henrik-larsson-part-of-consortium-looking-to-buy-english-club/amp/

I reckon they want to buy a smaller club like MK Dons or Swindon.  I think they wanted Wycombe last year 

• Thanks 1