Dejphon Chansiri

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

A well written, well thought out reply & I thank you for the trouble.

I don’t however, think DC has thrown much at it in real terms.

Even compared to the unwashed & the ‘genius who does it without spending a penny’ our spending is relatively frugal. (Maybe in hindsight not spent well), but still relatively frugal in the bigger scheme of things.

I think he will have known what the economic outlay would have entailed & how far he would need to go to achieve his ambition & probably still does.

Whether he was aware of the permanent glass half empty attitude he was to encounter regarding just about everything, is another matter entirely.

Have you seen anything to suggest that we’re going to spend money in a significant way if we’re allowed. To me everything says that he’s done with making big investments and is looking to cut costs. First it was stopping spending fees, then lower wages. Definitely in comparison to 2015-17 anyway 

Also on the admin point. It’s hard to see what would drive that because usually the motivation is to compromise with your creditors who have a choice between X p in the £ and nothing upon insolvency. We have no external creditors so there’s no incentive for us to go down that route. I’d worry more if he took on external debt 

9 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Have you seen anything to suggest that we’re going to spend money in a significant way if we’re allowed. To me everything says that he’s done with making big investments and is looking to cut costs. First it was stopping spending fees, then lower wages. Definitely in comparison to 2015-17 anyway 

Also on the admin point. It’s hard to see what would drive that because usually the motivation is to compromise with your creditors who have a choice between X p in the £ and nothing upon insolvency. We have no external creditors so there’s no incentive for us to go down that route. I’d worry more if he took on external debt 

I think we’re just treading water at the moment until a number of issues are resolved.

I agree, I think he will rein it in during the short term, get things on a more stable footing, and once we know where we stand, re look at things in the cold light of day.

If he doesn’t ‘invest’ in any sizeable way. I think that will be more down to ongoing ‘sanctions’ (suspended sentence type of thing) rather than his willingness to spend.

I suspect though, he will also be very conscious of how quickly opinion changes, from one minute bragging to our neighbours about our investment,  to the next, slagging him off when it doesn’t come off. Not to mention who he takes advice off re signings, whether manager / advisor or agent.

Re admin,

agree with every word.

Guest hk_owl

Chansiri says he loves the club - before COVID the whole family were over from Thailand every school holiday... and his youngest lad is always wearing the shirt on Instagram.

If there’s a long line of potential owners, please post their names on Owlstalk and I’m sure they can get in touch. 

We can get rid of players, we can get rid of the manager... but it isn’t as easy to get rid of the owner, particularly one who is a fan, is putting his money in, and wants the best for Wednesday...

8 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

This argument has raged for ages but the usual argument that, “reduce the POTG prices and we’ll pack en in” just isn’t borne out & has not been proven economically. 

It has been seen time & again the only thing that packs em in, is a good run on the pitch, nothing else.

Look at the playoffs, I wrote at the start of that season when people were screaming about POTG ticket prices that prices were not the main factor in crowd numbers. I wrote that “when demand outstrips supply” the price will become irrelevant. I got ridiculed that it would never happen at S6 and that the prices would prevent this.

A few months later people begging for log ins & moaning they couldn’t get a ticket regardless of price.

The MORAL argument is a different one, but to argue that when season ticket sales drop because of our current position that POTG would rise is not going to happen.

If the diehards aren’t going to bother, the casual  now & againers certainly aren’t.

Also again, the idea of reducing season ticket prices to attract more people wouldn’t have any significant effect on crowd numbers. It’s a dream and the whole concept economically illiterate with the result that that income stream would be reduced not increased.

The argue to reduce season ticket price is so the club can then reduce the POTG we have 100,000 students in Sheffield each year so you know how many stems game 0. Because £35+ a game is too much they are not members so it's full price.

Something has to give because with the ticket prices the gates are dropping and more and more season ticket holders are not renewing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The argue to reduce season ticket price is so the club can then reduce the POTG we have 100,000 students in Sheffield each year so you know how many stems game 0. Because £35+ a game is too much they are not members so it's full price.

Something has to give because with the ticket prices the gates are dropping and more and more season ticket holders are not renewing.

Oh God not Students.

They'll want diversity & sustainability and all that sort of cr*p.

The statue of Eric Taylor will be ripped down due to his links with the slave trade & the massively polluting concrete monstrosity that is the North Stand will be 'cancelled'.

No mate.

Students = bad idea. 

Maybe charge a little more per head to offset the need for students & their head in the clouds academic type mates, not to mention their ridiculous Marxist idealogy. 

They'll be debating the rights & wrongs of "Programmes 3 quid" guy & the fact that he is part of the world wide slave labour problem.

Nah. Defo not Students. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, hk_owl said:

Convinced about what?

He's taking the p*ss as you essentially said because a kid below the age of 10 is wearing a football shirt on Instagram that his Dad is no longer a businessman and purely loves SWFC.

Guest hk_owl
Just now, swfcGibbo said:

He's taking the p*ss as you essentially said because a kid below the age of 10 is wearing a football shirt on Instagram that his Dad is no longer a businessman and purely loves SWFC.

I didn’t say that at all.

2 minutes ago, hk_owl said:

I didn’t say that at all.

Did a little bit mate.

You essentially said Chansiri is a fan. I can tell you right now he's not a fan of SWFC. He's a businessman (looking like a sh*t one at the moment) who bought a football club as a toy for his kid. He's made some terrible decisions which he can only really rectify if he gets us to the Premiership. That's the only way he's going to get any type of return on his huge investment thus far. But let's not kid ourselves he's a fan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest hk_owl
11 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Did a little bit mate.

You essentially said Chansiri is a fan. I can tell you right now he's not a fan of SWFC. He's a businessman (looking like a sh*t one at the moment) who bought a football club as a toy for his kid. He's made some terrible decisions which he can only really rectify if he gets us to the Premiership. That's the only way he's going to get any type of return on his huge investment thus far. But let's not kid ourselves he's a fan.

No... He said he was a fan. Evidence suggests that his family are also fans.

I’m not sure of Mr Chansiri’s experience as a businessman, or as a father buying toys for his kid. If anyone could point me in that direction...

Guest Grandad
19 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Why would it & why would I ??

Typical bulls**t statement with no thought, no foundation & no justification.

Another one confusing having no money and having money & not being allowed to spend it.

And another one who thinks every thing is black or white. You are either a DC ‘lover’ or a DC ‘hater’, absolutely no room for anything in between.  It’s like a fuc*in moron virus.

Tell you what mate. Explain to the world your rationale as to why we would or why we would need, to go into administration. 

I’m all ears.

I'd like to hear your own rationale as to why you believe we have money and arent allowed to spend it?

The lack of spending on our stadium and academy would seem to contradict that - given we can invest unlimited sums in both without affecting FFP

I'm all ears too

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'd like to hear your own rationale as to why you believe we have money and arent allowed to spend it?

The lack of spending on our stadium and academy would seem to contradict that - given we can invest unlimited sums in both without affecting FFP

I'm all ears too

I thought money had been spent on the academy? I thought it had been upgraded to level 2 or whatever it is. 

Edited by bigdan2003
  • Like 1

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I thought money had been spent on the academy? I thought it had been upgraded to level 2 or whatever it is. 

That was when Milan was here

19 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

A well written, well thought out reply & I thank you for the trouble.

I don’t however, think DC has thrown much at it in real terms.

Even compared to the unwashed & the ‘genius who does it without spending a penny’ our spending is relatively frugal. (Maybe in hindsight not spent well), but still relatively frugal in the bigger scheme of things.

I think he will have known what the economic outlay would have entailed & how far he would need to go to achieve his ambition & probably still does.

Whether he was aware of the permanent glass half empty attitude he was to encounter regarding just about everything, is another matter entirely.

Second sentence Rob

Not spent a fortune on transfer fees

It's the wage bill that's crippled the club.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hk_owl said:

Chansiri says he loves the club - before COVID the whole family were over from Thailand every school holiday... and his youngest lad is always wearing the shirt on Instagram.

If there’s a long line of potential owners, please post their names on Owlstalk and I’m sure they can get in touch. 

We can get rid of players, we can get rid of the manager... but it isn’t as easy to get rid of the owner, particularly one who is a fan, is putting his money in, and wants the best for Wednesday...

Hi Dej.

• Haha 1