He was appalling yesterday.

Nuhiu, love or loathe him, looked hungry and athletic.

Wickham, laboured, arthritic and disinterested.

Being charitable it’s possible he picked up a knock or strain straightaway. Either way, he should not be under consideration as a loan or buy. It would rank at the very top of our long list of uber-risky foolish decisions.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

He was appalling yesterday.

Nuhiu, love or loathe him, looked hungry and athletic.

Wickham, laboured, arthritic and disinterested.

Being charitable it’s possible he picked up a knock or strain straightaway. Either way, he should not be under consideration as a loan or buy. It would rank at the very top of our long list of uber-risky foolish decisions.

Ive come round to that way of thinking. We should do all we can to bring Murphy back tho for next season. 

• Like 1

Guest mkowl

Very interesting view on another forum from a guy that is involved in coaching - that if its a twitch fatigue issue then within 10 minutes you are physically gone. Can't say I understand the physiology of it - but it sort of fits. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Agreed. Murphy looks a super player again.

I think Murphy is a top talent how he runs with the ball and how he can just glide past players. I think there’s more to come from him, I really do. 

Hopefully, the Toon will get the takeover sorted and just maybe they may cut their losses with him. 

I think we’ve seen enough to realise signing Wickham would be a mistake. Years of repeated injuries have taken their toll and he no longer has the ability to play even 45 minutes of second level football.

Nuhiu for all his faults offered so much more yesterday. I know Nuhiu must be a difficult man to cross  but he took the ball off Wickham for the penalty without even getting an argument in return. Doesn’t seem much fight left in the man to me.

Guest LondonOwl313
8 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think Murphy is a top talent how he runs with the ball and how he can just glide past players. I think there’s more to come from him, I really do. 

Hopefully, the Toon will get the takeover sorted and just maybe they may cut their losses with him. 

He'll probably be available but we don't have the cash.. Norwich would be a good shout for him given they have money, thats where he started his career and they have promotion prospects