EFL verdict/relegation overhanging?
Player contracts ending?

Covid19 causing all kinds of issues
No fans in the stadiums
No coaching team?

etc

etc

etc

What embargo? We brought 3 players in in January.

And how do player contracts ending in the summer (happens every year), no coaching team (clearly wasn't an issue in the first half of the season), Covid19 and no fans in stadiums after March explain the slump in form since Christmas? And we had enough points on the board at Christmas to make a relegation threatening deduction academic anyway had we had even a mediocre second half of the season. 

• Like 6

Reading comments on here and listening to football heaven!

I'm stunned there's fans still willing to give him a chance!

The football is awful and the results are abysmal for half a season!

17 points from 66!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, jonnyowl said:

Reading comments on here and listening to football heaven!

I'm stunned there's fans still willing to give him a chance!

The football is awful and the results are abysmal for half a season!

17 points from 66!

3 goals in the last 45 minutes

We're one of the in form teams over that timescale

• Haha 6

Owlstalk Shop

On 15/07/2020 at 13:48, Jim said:

Monk has a record that is no better and maybe even a little worse than Lukuhay’s yet for some on here, he is above criticism?

Yet there was a free reign for everybody to have a pop at Lukuhay when all he did is exactly what Monk’s done? Jos tried to freeze out certain players, yet was wrong? Monk’s done the same, yet is right?

I’m not going to argue that there are issues at the club beyond Monk’s control? Undoubtedly there is and I understand that. I was a big critic of Lukuhay’s as I have been Monk but arguably Lukuhay handled things better but I stand to be corrected and most likely will be? 😉

Everyone has there opinion,you are entitled to yours,but if Bruce was going to be allowed 4 Transfer windows to turn the side around..WITH his own back room staff  (clear out hinted at in my view) HOW exactly is Monk expected to do it,post Covid,hampered,and with the additional burden of no Fox,or Fletcher?..(This Season?) STAYING UP is our Ambition ONLY..

These issues are beyond ANY individual Manager,there are individual player mistakes(OR dare i say it allegedly lack of work rate and application) leading to silly,preventable goal scoring chances,and goals, being given away....Thats why are record is so dismal....Monk is not 'coaching' that...Read between the lines its all there why this is happening..

Sir Alex Ferguson going to get bored of retirement & put in for the Wednesday job? Going to ring Chansiri up?..Jos WAS right about one thing,Wednesday fans spend TOO long living in the past,If the job becomes vacant,i would hazard a guess it will be because: (1) Monk was only going to get a 1 year contract come what may, (2) He doesnt want to stay,because he cant turn the squad around as he wants(and better offers are on the table) Monk has kept this Club in the Championship,only the EFL can relegate us...Dont really know what the fans expected.(this season) 

Knowing what he came in with,the problems he faced(well documented) Monk over achieved in getting us into the top three before Xmas...

Edited by parajack
  • Like 2

Finished his interview today. 

“We need the points for a number of reasons”. 

Said it 2 or 3 times. Really wanted to drill that into the interview. 

Maybe he meant nothing. But it really stood out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Our squad is no worse than the likes of Reading, QPR, Huddersfield, Wigan, Barnsley, Hull, Charlton. Only Hull City have been worse than us over the course of the last 22 games. It is the job of the manager to motivate the players and get the best out of them.

we KNOW on paper its no worse,like i said so WHY are they under performing so badly? Like Monk  said again in his excellent post Match interview today,.(sic).He isnt on the Pitch,and whilst going so far to apportion blame/responsibility he is leaving the fans to join the dots up...LIke he said himself your opposition should have to do something special to score,....

Against us in my view thats not the case.Bullen twice,Jos,Bruce,(briefly) & now Monk....They(the squad) as a collective have proven they are not capable of promotion.They want clearing out,and newer,hungrier Players on less money,shorter contracts,with something to prove,need  bringing in.This needs to be a 'revolving door' policy,as they will inevitably attract attention with success,and want to move on to (YES) 'Bigger' Clubs than Wednesday..

That SADLY is where we are at......

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

we KNOW on paper its no worse,like i said so WHY are they under performing so badly? Like Monk  said again in his excellent post Match interview today,.(sic).He isnt on the Pitch,and whilst going so far to apportion blame/responsibility he is leaving the fans to join the dots up...LIke he said himself your opposition should have to do something special to score,....

Against us in my view thats not the case.Bullen twice,Jos,Bruce,(briefly) & now Monk....They(the squad) as a collective have proven they are not capable of promotion.They want clearing out,and newer,hungrier Players on less money,shorter contracts,with something to prove,need  bringing in.This needs to be a 'revolving door' policy,as they will inevitably attract attention with success,and want to move on to (YES) 'Bigger' Clubs than Wednesday..

That SADLY is where we are at......

Nobody thinks we should be top 6. We have been bottom 2 by some distance for half a season now and have conceded on average 2 goals per game in that period.

8 of the 11 that started today are relatively new players so don't put it down to these players failing under previous managers and there is no way Monk wants rid of Bannan, one of the few that does remain from previous squads.

Part of the reason they are failing is down to the manager. None of his approaches have worked and he can't set us up to be resolute which should be a priority for any struggling team.

He had 3 months off and said the squad has come back far more positive - this has resulted in 8 points from 8 games and we continue to concede plenty. He is not the right man.

Guest domSWFC

3rd place before New year to 8th points off relegation and potentially taking us down. 

Monk simply has to go. 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Nobody thinks we should be top 6. We have been bottom 2 by some distance for half a season now and have conceded on average 2 goals per game in that period.

8 of the 11 that started today are relatively new players so don't put it down to these players failing under previous managers and there is no way Monk wants rid of Bannan, one of the few that does remain from previous squads.

Part of the reason they are failing is down to the manager. None of his approaches have worked and he can't set us up to be resolute which should be a priority for any struggling team.

He had 3 months off and said the squad has come back far more positive - this has resulted in 8 points from 8 games and we continue to concede plenty. He is not the right man.

No body thinks we should be top 6? well we were at Xmas!! & that was under Monk too....Players,Yes but there NOT Monks 'new' players are they?& no way  of knowing what effect any alleged 'dressing room' problems, & EFL points threat,have had on the morale & fighting spirit,of the existing players.

Team scored 3 Goals also today,and could so easily,(first half and 'mistakes' not withstanding) have nicked a point.Second half much better,and more importantly a team that came out and battled,didnt give up.Fulham may yet regret pushing Mitrovitch & having a Player sent off,in their push for the Premiership.Monks experimenting,we have seen that,players,systyms,,attacking partnerships,he has done what he can...

We stay up...& are hovering around mid table,in a side in the middle of rebuilding.EFL issue not down to Monk.

1 minute ago, parajack said:

No body thinks we should be top 6? well we were at Xmas!! & that was under Monk too....Players,Yes but there NOT Monks 'new' players are they?& no way  of knowing what effect any alleged 'dressing room' problems, & EFL points threat,have had on the morale & fighting spirit,of the existing players.

Team scored 3 Goals also today,and could so easily,(first half and 'mistakes' not withstanding) have nicked a point.Second half much better,and more importantly a team that came out and battled,didnt give up.Fulham may yet regret pushing Mitrovitch & having a Player sent off,in their push for the Premiership.Monks experimenting,we have seen that,players,systyms,,attacking partnerships,he has done what he can...

We stay up...& are hovering around mid table,in a side in the middle of rebuilding.EFL issue not down to Monk.

OK mate, none of his experimenting is working. 3 of the players that started today are his players, including the ineffective front 2 that he took off at half-time. No manager in the history of this football club can have made as many half-time substitutions as he does, due to the fact the tactics he employs don't work.

How many times have we conceded 3 in the first half under him. Fulham haven't scored more than 2 in any of their last 12 games and yet still you offer up excuses for this performance and try to put some sort of gloss on it.

Beginning to think you are on the wind up.

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A less fragile defence? He was playing Penney left-back one week, midfield the next. Iorfa and Borner give us more options than we had with Hector. 

Not buying that at their age Nuhiu and Rhodes are significantly worse now than they were 18 months previously. 

So you are pinning much difference on Joao, who as a striker scored at a similar rate that Murphy has playing on the wing. Would love to know what your opinion of Joao was at the time, is he better than Wickham?

In summary, Monk does not have significantly worse to work with than Jos had.

no he isn't but perhaps joao was matchfit. wickham when he arrived wasn't, and an unfit wickham is nowhere near as good as a match fit and firing fletcher.

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

That’s rubbish 

one player being out doesn’t result in a mammoth drop down the league,

What club do you know has had such a drop in league position after losing one player? 

It’s literally impossible for one player to carry a team to such an extent 

Morale/confidence - yeah I get that to an extent. But cmon. 

where does the manager fall in all of this?

of course it does when he's the sole player carrying the forward line.

6 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

no he isn't but perhaps joao was matchfit. wickham when he arrived wasn't, and an unfit wickham is nowhere near as good as a match fit and firing fletcher.

Maybe not but Jos was far from completely reliant on a fit and firing Fletcher and Joao was hardly the poster boy for fitness during his time with us. 

Jos didn't have someone like Murphy to offer an outlet for example. 

The difference in the squads that the two had/have to work with is negligible, the facts suggests neither are good enough. 

Also, given that the loss of Fletcher was such an issue for Monk, why hasn't he at least reverted to trying to make us hard to beat - conceding 2 goals per game over the course of 22 games is shocking. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe not but Jos was far from completely reliant on a fit and firing Fletcher and Joao was hardly the poster boy for fitness during his time with us. 

The difference in the squads that the two had/have to work with is negligible, the facts suggests neither are good enough. 

in your opinion, it maybe so.

mine was coco should never have been interviewed, in fact a cv of his standard should never have crossed the table.

but i'll have a lil' bet on monk will be here next season, if there is one.

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Also, given that the loss of Fletcher was such an issue for Monk, why hasn't he at least reverted to trying to make us hard to beat - conceding 2 goals per game over the course of 22 games is shocking. 

I would argue Monk has had a stronger squad to work with than Lukuhay did?

• Like 1