GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Perhaps he should have addressed it in January when he signed a half-fit striker, a striker who hasn't scored a goal yet and Windass, who he invariably didn't pick before the restart?

The defence didn't crumble in the same way under Jos when Fletcher wasn't playing. 

his choices not mine, perhaps he was told wickham was fit, as for windass for the little i've seen of him, he maybe of use when we can go two up away, but away with one up and support maybe better suited against some sides in the division.

so IF monk was to be replaced, what sort of manager would you want?, or name him if you can?

2 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

that’s the scary thing - he managed to f up boro rebuild with an absolute war chest 

look how many world cups coco won before we set him on?

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Jos also had more of the bad apples and problem players to put up with than Monk has got, the likes of Hooper moping about the place on big wages not playing, all the bad influences that Monk has had to deal with......

i thought hooper was moping around the golf course.

as for hutch and westwood i think both thought if jos went they could get back into the side, whereas now they realise they are going.

I think he's lost the majority of the fans now, if he even had them in the first place? I respect the few who still believe he's the right man but given what he's achieved in his short managerial career so far I really don't know why anyone would believe he's up to the job required here. As I've said before he doesn't have a strong enough personality to succeed here? I've not seen him take responsibility for one defeat yet and this might explain why we seem to go through the motions most of the time?

• Like 1

Just now, Jim said:

I've not seen him take responsibility for one defeat yet 

Apart from pretty much every single interview he's done where he takes full responsibility and says that he understands that it's a results business and he takes full responsibility as the manager of the football club?

• Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Monk right man for job . Needs a summer of bringing in young players .. we've been waiting for an opportunity to sort this team out for 3 years . This summer is that opportunity ..

This summer is certainly that opportunity if we were to get rid of Monk who has produced a run of results bad by any standards.

Monk needs relieving of his duties and sending on monastery leave but unfortunately Chansiri himself is AWOL so not available to do the deed.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Apart from pretty much every single interview he's done where he takes full responsibility and says that he understands that it's a results business and he takes full responsibility as the manager of the football club?

I've seen the results business quote. Let's be honest if he genuinely believes in what he's saying, he knows what's coming? It's a results business and his are worthy of a first degree? garymegson

48 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

his choices not mine, perhaps he was told wickham was fit, as for windass for the little i've seen of him, he maybe of use when we can go two up away, but away with one up and support maybe better suited against some sides in the division.

so IF monk was to be replaced, what sort of manager would you want?, or name him if you can?

I'v named them many times. McArthy could do a job under any budget but might not be a long-term approach in terms of style. Paul Cook plays a better style of football and has proved he can get more out of players who aren't expected much of. 

47 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

look how many world cups coco won before we set him on?

i thought hooper was moping around the golf course.

as for hutch and westwood i think both thought if jos went they could get back into the side, whereas now they realise they are going.

Ah but Hooper was part of the squad and could influence others when he wasn't involved - at least that is what I have been told time and time again in relation to Hutchinson and Westwood continuing to have a negative affect of Monk's fine work........

15 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Jos had a win percentage of 33,33% at Hillsbro from 48 games. 

Monk has a win percentage of 32.60% at Hillsbro from 46 games. 

So what your saying,

there's still time.

• Haha 2

On 18/07/2020 at 20:40, hirstyboywonder said:

Perhaps he should have addressed it in January when he signed a half-fit striker, a striker who hasn't scored a goal yet and Windass, who he invariably didn't pick before the restart?

The defence didn't crumble in the same way under Jos when Fletcher wasn't playing. 

i imagine they thought they had the bases covered. 

by signing wickham and windass they hoped that wickham could replace fletcher (and hopefully be as effective) and windass couldn't be any worse that the rest of our available squad forwards.

did jos have fletcher out for the same length of time? 

did jos have better defenders in such as hector?, fulham must have seen him as superior to what we have.

were we by Christmas accepting we weren't going up, and financially keeping our powder dry for next season?

On 18/07/2020 at 21:52, hirstyboywonder said:

Ah but Hooper was part of the squad and could influence others when he wasn't involved - at least that is what I have been told time and time again in relation to Hutchinson and Westwood continuing to have a negative affect of Monk's fine work........

it is likely that hutch and westwood have in some way been deemed to have a negative effect on the side, can't see how they'd manage that, neither look strongly opinionated are th...ooops!

either it's from dc's instruction passing down the line to manager, or the second manager in jos and then monk coming to the same conclusion and dc backing them.

you're correct about monk's work though, getting this tripe in third was 'fine' indeed.

27 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

it is likely that hutch and westwood have in some way been deemed to have a negative effect on the side, can't see how they'd manage that, neither look strongly opinionated are th...ooops!

either it's from dc's instruction passing down the line to manager, or the second manager in jos and then monk coming to the same conclusion and dc backing them.

you're correct about monk's work though, getting this tripe in third was 'fine' indeed.

Hutch and Westwood had a big negative effect on the side.

When they didn't play we went pants!

On 19/07/2020 at 10:24, S36 OWL said:

Monk's record at Hillsbro show he isn't up to the job. 

People can claim whatever they want - behind the scenes stuff going off or bad eggs in the dressing room.   Truth is, he's just a crap manager.

Probably was complicit in what a few of his previous clubs have said too.

47 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Hutch and Westwood had a big negative effect on the side.

When they didn't play we went pants!

when fletcher didn't play we went pants.

for hutch i think on playing ability there's a case for him playing, on continued fitness and on field disciplinary issues they may be issues seen to counter that for those in charge.

on westwood's not so much, mistakes had fed into his game, his judgement was called into question on more than one occasion.

going back to hutch, seeing that his exclusion was not ability based, i assume it was either disciplinary, or deemed not needed by those in charge. either way, neither you or i can or will alter that as we didn't buy the club, the bloke making the overall decisions did. 

as for the westwood and hutchinson question it will shortly be brought to a conclusion as it looks like both will be released.

9 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

when fletcher didn't play we went pants.

for hutch i think on playing ability there's a case for him playing, on continued fitness and on field disciplinary issues they may be issues seen to counter that for those in charge.

on westwood's not so much, mistakes had fed into his game, his judgement was called into question on more than one occasion.

going back to hutch, seeing that his exclusion was not ability based, i assume it was either disciplinary, or deemed not needed by those in charge. either way, neither you or i can or will alter that as we didn't buy the club, the bloke making the overall decisions did. 

as for the westwood and hutchinson question it will shortly be brought to a conclusion as it looks like both will be released.

Ahhh Hutchinsons fitness issues, even though he played in 23 games before January.

As for Westwood, we had to put up with Dawson and now Wildsmith letting evrything in. Good job we've got Pelupessy to protect the defence!

Funny how Jos and Monk had a problem with Hutch and Westwood, 2 of the worse manager's we've had!