GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

in your opinion, it maybe so.

mine was coco should never have been interviewed, in fact a cv of his standard should never have crossed the table.

but i'll have a lil' bet on monk will be here next season, if there is one.

I thought coco was the derogatory term for Carlos on here, I was on about Jos. 

Strange how you didn't think his CV should have been worth considering and yet statistically he currently has a better record for us than Monk. 

Unfortunately my opinion on Monk has no bearing on whether he will be in charge next season so I won't be having a bet on anything like that.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF?!?!

Why not?

Jos had to work with the same 'bad appples' and those that have been here too long that Monk has had to deal with but didn't have Borner, Iorfa and Murphy who have generally been well received or Harris, who Monk picks regularly ahead of options like Reach that Jos had.

59 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Finished his interview today. 

“We need the points for a number of reasons”. 

Said it 2 or 3 times. Really wanted to drill that into the interview. 

Maybe he meant nothing. But it really stood out. 

Yeah,i picked up on that too,could be nothing but,maybe an idea of potential points loss to come?(12 or more?)...or maybe relegation clauses in players contracts?CW wouldnt come for sure in my view...one things for sure,it aint FOOTBALL!! imagine being in a mid table(ish) position,with 2 teams still not knowing (post deduction pending) if they are relegated!! Ditto other teams who are in relegation positions,who will probably STILL go down,IF as an example Wednesday appeal..Football Jim,but not as we know it...

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I thought coco was the derogatory term for Carlos on here, I was on about Jos. 

Strange how you didn't think his CV should have been worth considering and yet statistically he currently has a better record for us than Monk. 

Unfortunately my opinion on Monk has no bearing on whether he will be in charge next season so I won't be having a bet on anything like that.

coco is the descriptive word for carlos, you think monk not fit, i did the same for coco.

i was pointing out you have your opinion, and i have mine.

fletcher fully fit and firing carried this side, when he was injured we had next to nothing on the bench worth a bean.

when our scoring dried out, our defence was under more pressure, results started to fall off.

i don't remember your answer to the hooper part of the question, did jos have hooper at his disposal?

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yeah,i picked up on that too,could be nothing but,maybe an idea of potential points loss to come?(12 or more?)...or maybe relegation clauses in players contracts?CW wouldnt come for sure in my view...one things for sure,it aint FOOTBALL!! imagine being in a mid table(ish) position,with 2 teams still not knowing (post deduction pending) if they are relegated!! Ditto other teams who are in relegation positions,who will probably STILL go down,IF as an example Wednesday appeal..Football Jim,but not as we know it...

Could be numerous things. His job, player futures, pride, points deduction who knows.

But he made a point of really enhancing the importance of “we need the points”. Maybe nothing but he didn’t sound like someone with nothing to play for. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

coco is the descriptive word for carlos, you think monk not fit, i did the same for coco.

i was pointing out you have your opinion, and i have mine.

fletcher fully fit and firing carried this side, when he was injured we had next to nothing on the bench worth a bean.

when our scoring dried out, our defence was under more pressure, results started to fall off.

i don't remember your answer to the hooper part of the question, did jos have hooper at his disposal?

I answered your Hooper question earlier but just checked the stats to back it up - he played no games under Jos in 2017-18 or 18-19, think he was nursing an injury on the golf course.

Yes I agree Fletcher helped with defending from the front - conceding 2 goals per game because you have lost a striker is inexcusable. You are literally saying Monk has been unable to attack attack wise or defensively due to the loss of one player - I agree, it show his ineptitude. 

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe not but Jos was far from completely reliant on a fit and firing Fletcher and Joao was hardly the poster boy for fitness during his time with us. 

Jos didn't have someone like Murphy to offer an outlet for example. 

The difference in the squads that the two had/have to work with is negligible, the facts suggests neither are good enough. 

Also, given that the loss of Fletcher was such an issue for Monk, why hasn't he at least reverted to trying to make us hard to beat - conceding 2 goals per game over the course of 22 games is shocking. 

you've only to watch our defensive display today, keeper beaten from a decent distance on his near post, squad issue, nothing better available.

giving school boy penalties away.

wall jumping up to allow free kick into net, keeper doesn't **** anybody for it, signs of having given up.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I answered your Hooper question earlier but just checked the stats to back it up - he played no games under Jos in 2017-18 or 18-19, think he was nursing an injury on the golf course.

Yes I agree Fletcher helped with defending from the front - conceding 2 goals per game because you have lost a striker is inexcusable. You are literally saying Monk has been unable to attack attack wise or defensively due to the loss of one player - I agree, it show his ineptitude. 

what i have said is losing our only striker meant extra work for our defence, it crumbled under that pressure, squad issue.

monk will take action to correct that soon.

• Like 1

you've only to watch our defensive display today, keeper beaten from a decent distance on his near post, squad issue, nothing better available.

giving school boy penalties away.

wall jumping up to allow free kick into net, keeper doesn't **** anybody for it, signs of having given up.

Same squad keepers available as Jos had.

Signs of having given up suggests not playing for the manager, lack of motivation? Thought the squad had come back with 'positive vibes' following the break? 

4 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Unfortunately as Chansiri seems to have gone AWOL we are going to be stuck with the useless Mediocre Monk next season in the Third Division rather than having a proper manager. 

And we won't even have Atdhe to save us as a super-sub. 

Who knows/ Dave might yet stay,certainly 1 assist and 2 goals is pretty decent,sadly though he often allegedly goes off the boil when he gets a contract,if he WAS interested a 1 year extension might keep him motivated..

what i have said is losing our only striker meant extra work for our defence, it crumbled under that pressure, squad issue.

monk will take action to correct that soon.

Perhaps he should have addressed it in January when he signed a half-fit striker, a striker who hasn't scored a goal yet and Windass, who he invariably didn't pick before the restart?

The defence didn't crumble in the same way under Jos when Fletcher wasn't playing. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Same squad keepers available as Jos had.

Signs of having given up suggests not playing for the manager, lack of motivation? Thought the squad had come back with 'positive vibes' following the break? 

yes correct, but dawson was keeping his nuts off at that time, couldn't catch, but shot stopping 10/10.

now, for the penalty and free kick looked to have given up.

i think one or two realise that the sheffield wednesday gravy train has hit the buffers, and with c19 affecting football and it's finances the way it will, not only will some be worrying over the amount of pay, but if they can secure a contract with anyone, especially our forwards, other than fletcher of course.

yes correct, but dawson was keeping his nuts off at that time, couldn't catch, but shot stopping 10/10.

now, for the penalty and free kick looked to have given up.

i think one or two realise that the sheffield wednesday gravy train has hit the buffers, and with c19 affecting football and it's finances the way it will, not only will some be worrying over the amount of pay, but if they can secure a contract with anyone, especially our forwards, other than fletcher of course.

Who? Who today gave you that impression? Bearing in mind most of them are relatively new players and weren't on the gravy train when we were handing out big contracts. 

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Iorfa, Borner, Harris and Luongo plus Murphy on Loan? Arguably better players than Jos had? 

Jos also had more of the bad apples and problem players to put up with than Monk has got, the likes of Hooper moping about the place on big wages not playing, all the bad influences that Monk has had to deal with......