GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

On 18/07/2020 at 21:08, Jim said:

I think he's lost the majority of the fans now, if he even had them in the first place? I respect the few who still believe he's the right man but given what he's achieved in his short managerial career so far I really don't know why anyone would believe he's up to the job required here. As I've said before he doesn't have a strong enough personality to succeed here? I've not seen him take responsibility for one defeat yet and this might explain why we seem to go through the motions most of the time?

there you go, dead in the water before he arrived.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Ahhh Hutchinsons fitness issues, even though he played in 23 games before January.

As for Westwood, we had to put up with Dawson and now Wildsmith letting evrything in. Good job we've got Pelupessy to protect the defence!

Funny how Jos and Monk had a problem with Hutch and Westwood, 2 of the worse manager's we've had!

i notice you have chosen not to address hutch's disciplinary issues, despite me mentioning those?

westwood may have been a better bet than dawson a year or so ago, but the errors that had more than crept into his game suggests he may be struggling by now, if that is the case i'd rather go with our professional manager's opinion rather than a fan with no inside knowledge of how things are working out in training, or the inside running of the club.

the club may have been looking at IF either dawson or wildsmith could step up to make the job their own, or did we need to bring someone in to fill the place?

jos and monk may have been instructed by their employer to ease the two out?, either way had they not had dc's approval i very much doubt they could have done it without questions from above.

the worst manager we had you forgot to name, he spent all the money, won nothing, had an appalling fitness regime, had an enormous injury list, shat himself at wembley, and ran off.

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

i notice you have chosen not to address hutch's disciplinary issues, despite me mentioning those?

westwood may have been a better bet than dawson a year or so ago, but the errors that had more than crept into his game suggests he may be struggling by now, if that is the case i'd rather go with our professional manager's opinion rather than a fan with no inside knowledge of how things are working out in training, or the inside running of the club.

the club may have been looking at IF either dawson or wildsmith could step up to make the job their own, or did we need to bring someone in to fill the place?

jos and monk may have been instructed by their employer to ease the two out?, either way had they not had dc's approval i very much doubt they could have done it without questions from above.

the worst manager we had you forgot to name, he spent all the money, won nothing, had an appalling fitness regime, had an enormous injury list, shat himself at wembley, and ran off.

I've genuinely never heard so much BS in all my life!

On 18/07/2020 at 21:50, hirstyboywonder said:

I'v named them many times. McArthy could do a job under any budget but might not be a long-term approach in terms of style. Paul Cook plays a better style of football and has proved he can get more out of players who aren't expected much of. 

mccarthy may not suit some in fan base, they want him sacking before he arrived.

cook on the other hand is in footballing terms quite the opposite, i'm surprised you chose such two different managers, his win ratio is very healthy, and although i see the local press have called him out for being over cautious away from home, IF we dry up there we've done.

his possession based football if it is to succeed generally needs expensive football players, or time to build, i wonder if dc wants a quicker. more direct style of attacking the opposition?

10 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

you musn't listen to yourself then?

give up with the personal insults, and take my post apart, or aren't you capable?

OK here goes! Though I can't take you seriously tbh!

Carlos 6th then 4th, highest two finishes in 20 years with some of the best football played in that time, but he's worse than Jos and Monk( it was at this point I couldn't take you seriously) How many goals have we scored in the first half under Monk at Hillsborough 2? Scintillating stuff!

Yeah let's see if Dawson and Wildsmith can step up when your chasing promotion thats the time to do it! You don't plan for future when your chasing promotion, you do everything you can to secure a playoff place. 44 goals conceded in half a season, but we'll stick with those two whilst Westwood is twiddling his thumbs!

Hutchinson's disciplinary issues, 5 yeallow cards in 24 appearances, shocking for a defensive midfileder!

And the squad? Wasn't a problem at xmas when we were 3rd was it, but then go to 17 points out of 66 its the squads fault and not the managers! Btw 17 points from 66 is not relegation form, its cut adrift at the bottom form!

But lets trust Monk, who's been sacked from his last 4 jobs!

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I love fans who say stuff like 'this manager cant' be any good as he's been sacked before'

lol

They're proper funny

I've learnt to laugh at our defending, otherwise you'd just be miserable watching it!

34 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

what blasting us to 3rd. place at Christmas with only one forward?

i wonder what he'll achieve next term with several of them to choose from?

Only taking 17 pts from the following 66 pts is failure. Only 4 wins from the following 22 games is failure. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Hutchinson's disciplinary issues, 5 yeallow cards in 24 appearances, shocking for a defensive midfileder!

Who are you kidding? According to footystats.org, Hutchinson was booked 10 times in those 24 appearances this season. 

Since 2012/3, he has appeared in 144 games, receiving 53 yellow cards and 3 red.

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Who are you kidding? According to footystats.org, Hutchinson was booked 10 times in those 24 appearances this season. 

Since 2012/3, he has appeared in 144 games, receiving 53 yellow cards and 3 red.

My bad looked at last seasons!

Your right, better play Pelupessy, he doesn't get book no where near as much, not difficult when he doesn't get close to a player!

Whether we think Monk has been dealt a sh*t hand or not, his record since Christmas would have got him the sack at ANY other Championship club. There’s been a massive failure on and off the pitch and in this sport, the manager always has and always will carry the can. Absolutely shocking home form and D.C. knows that this is where he needs to be getting bums on seats, or off their seats actually. It’s not been acceptable and he simply has to go. I anticipate an announcement straight after tomorrow’s match. D.C. has got season tickets and replica kits to sell this summer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Whether we think Monk has been dealt a sh*t hand or not, his record since Christmas would have got him the sack at ANY other Championship club. There’s been a massive failure on and off the pitch and in this sport, the manager always has and always will carry the can. Absolutely shocking home form and D.C. knows that this is where he needs to be getting bums on seats, or off their seats actually. It’s not been acceptable and he simply has to go. I anticipate an announcement straight after tomorrow’s match. D.C. has got season tickets and replica kits to sell this summer. 

Lets hope your right.

52 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

OK here goes! Though I can't take you seriously tbh!

Carlos 6th then 4th, highest two finishes in 20 years with some of the best football played in that time, but he's worse than Jos and Monk( it was at this point I couldn't take you seriously) How many goals have we scored in the first half under Monk at Hillsborough 2? Scintillating stuff!

Yeah let's see if Dawson and Wildsmith can step up when your chasing promotion thats the time to do it! You don't plan for future when your chasing promotion, you do everything you can to secure a playoff place. 44 goals conceded in half a season, but we'll stick with those two whilst Westwood is twiddling his thumbs!

And the squad? Wasn't a problem at xmas when we were 3rd was it, but then go to 17 points out of 66 its the squads fault and not the managers! Btw 17 points from 66 is not relegation form, its cut adrift at the bottom form!

But lets trust Monk, who's been sacked from his last 4 jobs!

why? look at it from my point of view, i'm expected to take you seriously.

your carlos had mone money to spend than any wednesday manager since premier days, and won NOTHING.

your version of 'best football' obviously isn't winning (often enough) football as we didn't go up.

'scintillating stuff' is that what our humiliating freeze at wembley was?, or our total no show at home to the zero scoring uddersfield the following year?

there is obviously a reason for westwood's exclusion, if it's not to see if either were good enough, it must be that they are both better than him now, or it has been decided that he is some form of negative aspect? can you think of any other option?

looks like hutch's record isn't as clean as you state, thanks to DJMortimer's timely input?

mistake on your part? or a case of willing to say absolutely anything in an attempt to prove a point?

we were 3rd. at Christmas as we had fletcher carrying the line, we fell away because we lost him for a very lengthy spell.

you state we shouldn't trust monk as he's been sacked 4 times, but how many times did your hero get peddled? he's had more clubs than tiger woods.

2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

when fletcher didn't play we went pants.

for hutch i think on playing ability there's a case for him playing, on continued fitness and on field disciplinary issues they may be issues seen to counter that for those in charge.

on westwood's not so much, mistakes had fed into his game, his judgement was called into question on more than one occasion.

going back to hutch, seeing that his exclusion was not ability based, i assume it was either disciplinary, or deemed not needed by those in charge. either way, neither you or i can or will alter that as we didn't buy the club, the bloke making the overall decisions did. 

as for the westwood and hutchinson question it will shortly be brought to a conclusion as it looks like both will be released.

Release Westwood and pay up his remaining one year or continue to keep paying him for doing nothing for another year? Great work, good job our other keepers don't concede 3 or more regularly.......

Once again your defence of Monk seemingly comes down to having 1 player available. Tactical mastermind! 

16 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

My bad looked at last seasons!

Your right, better play Pelupessy, he doesn't get book no where near as much, not difficult when he doesn't get close to a player!

AH! changed you mind i see?

well i think i see, as i can't make heads or tails of the first line.

as for the second should it say booked and nowhere?