Sam Hutchinson saying his face didn't fit (twice) and not being fully paid on time

I think there are a few remarks like “why would you want to be involved in a team like that” which are probably insightful.

Isnt the right idea from a senior player in the team and club (who has been here many years,  purports to really care and want to finish his career there) to be banging on the managers door and saying how much he wants to help the team and club through a bad spell?

It seems many of them are still feeling sorry for themselves after that second playoff failure and living in 2016/17 which will only distance them from the rest of the team. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Monk using the anyone with a sane mind can see what he’s trying to do,perhaps isn’t the best words to use to explain the situation. 

If you have mental health issues it doesn’t excuse you from being a snidey, manipulativetwat.

It’s obvious what has been going on for ages.

Like I said in another thread, let’s see how good this mob are at their next clubs.  I know the answer already.

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Hutch was clearly an influential character in the dressing room. He also obviously didn't think much of Monk or Jos as managers.

Other players will have picked up on that and that's probably why Jos and monk wanted to distance him from the team. Same deal with Westwood 

It doesn't necessarily mean either of them were bad apples or purposely sowing discontent. But if influential players are not buying into your vision you probably want to distance them from the team. Neither party is necessarily at fault.

I guess that neither of those managers played up to his ego. Some managers like Carlos clearly did that and Bruce knows the game to know who needs some love to get them playing and on side. I get the impression on Jos and Monk they are less bothered about that and have a more distanced style.

Bruce was ideal for us at the time in terms of getting that team of characters back to life. Monk needs to mould his own team.

Edited by Bluesteel

8 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

4 points 3 matches. 4 divided by 3 = 1.33, does it not?

You have to check everything on this site mate there are a lot of picky people, last nights game was in July not June 2 games 4 points = 2 points a game.

lol

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I guess that neither of those managers played up to his ego. Some managers like Carlos clearly did that and Bruce knows the game to know who needs some love to get them playing and on side. I get the impression on Jos and Monk they are less bothered about that and have a more distanced style.

Bruce was ideal for us at the time in terms of getting that team of characters back to life. Monk needs to mould his own team.

Listening to Clinton Morrison on Radio 5 last night, he said Bruce was the best man manager he played under, said he was brilliant.

So the two manager who played Hutch in Carlos who went to the EPL with Swansea, then moved to Rio Ave who are currently 5th in the Portuguese top division and Bruce currently at Newcastle in the EPL doing a pretty good job.

The two manager who think Hutch is a bad influence and affects the moral of the team, in Jos just sacked from his second job in a year for not having a clue what he is doing, Monk taking a play off pushing team and turning it into a midtable team looking over its shoulder at the bottom 3

So manager that played Hutch and their strongest team have both gone on to bigger and better things after us, yet the two that says he isn't good enough - 1 has been sacked for the second time in a year and the other has taken a promotion pushing team and turned them into a team struggling at the other end.

Don't worry though, I full expect Hutch to now move into coaching and his first job will probably be working for that small nothing southern team Chelsea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish him the very best, played every game with intention and desire. 

Shame that he couldn't impress Monk and that he has had to leave by the back door. 

Will definitely applaud him should he ever play at Hillsborough again.  One of the best players we have had since we left the Premier.

Good Luck Sam

• Like 4

Just now, room0035 said:

You have to check everything on this site mate there are a lot of picky people, last nights game was in July not June 2 games 4 points = 2 points a game.

lol

Yeah realised that after I posted and swiftly edited it.

lol

Should have read after restart.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think there are a few remarks like “why would you want to be involved in a team like that” which are probably insightful.

Isnt the right idea from a senior player in the team and club (who has been here many years,  purports to really care and want to finish his career there) to be banging on the managers door and saying how much he wants to help the team and club through a bad spell?

It seems many of them are still feeling sorry for themselves after that second playoff failure and living in 2016/17 which will only distance them from the rest of the team. 

I would also add that the manager could also ask his senior players to help him and the team which sounds like it didn’t happen either or he didn’t feel he could get them going as Bruce did. Best for all involved by the sounds of it. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Listening to Clinton Morrison on Radio 5 last night, he said Bruce was the best man manager he played under, said he was brilliant.

Yeah he’s good. I think he says what he needs too whether true or not

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So the two manager who played Hutch in Carlos who went to the EPL with Swansea, then moved to Rio Ave who are currently 5th in the Portuguese top division and Bruce currently at Newcastle in the EPL doing a pretty good job.

The two manager who think Hutch is a bad influence and affects the moral of the team, in Jos just sacked from his second job in a year for not having a clue what he is doing, Monk taking a play off pushing team and turning it into a midtable team looking over its shoulder at the bottom 3

So manager that played Hutch and their strongest team have both gone on to bigger and better things after us, yet the two that says he isn't good enough - 1 has been sacked for the second time in a year and the other has taken a promotion pushing team and turned them into a team struggling at the other end.

Don't worry though, I full expect Hutch to now move into coaching and his first job will probably be working for that small nothing southern team Chelsea.

What a load o’shiiiiite!

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

lol

picky people = not counting a game in July as a game in June.....if thats picky then so be it

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sure he did, and what’s wrong with that if he did? 

He said him and Carlos argued a lot. And we achieved our two highest positions under Carlos. 

It’s man management. 

So there we have a player who argued with Carlos a lot.... but he never went to Jos to ask why he wasn't playing. I don't believe that.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

so,

Jos....sacked from 2 jobs

Carlos...."went to"......"moved on"....or to use the same terminology as you used about Jos......"sacked from 2 jobs"

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

so,

Jos....sacked from 2 jobs

Carlos...."went to"......"moved on"....or to use the same terminology as you used about Jos......"sacked from 2 jobs"

We didn't sack Carlos?? - He left that was our biggest problem - DC waited and waited and waited and waited then Carlos left and he brought in the football managerial giant of a bloke no one had ever heard of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

We didn't sack Carlos?? - He left that was our biggest problem - DC waited and waited and waited and waited then Carlos left and he brought in the football managerial giant of a bloke no one had ever heard of.

If we get in to the actual legal terminology we wont have sacked a manager since Dooley.

I understand your point but I think its fair to say Carlos left here because he was shibo