Sam Hutchinson saying his face didn't fit (twice) and not being fully paid on time

Just now, TaxiMark said:

I love it when people say that about footballers , probably made about 5-6M quid whilst been here but bless him he has a young family so he best be on the look out for another job to 'support his young family'. 🤣

I don't know what he's got in the bank or invested - just because he's a footballer doesn't mean he won't look after his family any different to me and you.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

I don't know what he's got in the bank or invested - just because he's a footballer doesn't mean he won't look after his family any different to me and you.

And I would think so too he's a dad !..so what did you mean when you said 'he got a young family so he's got to look after them" ? 

I took that as a financial statement so he's got to find another job asap.

Just now, TaxiMark said:

And I would think so too he's a dad !..so what did you mean when you said 'he got a young family so he's got to look after them" ? 

I took that as a financial statement so he's got to find another job asap.

Not just about finances - I know from a personal perspective from moving homes every 2 years for 25 years that families crave stability and if your family are stable it makes things easier for you

• Like 1

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

Not just about finances - I know from a personal perspective from moving homes every 2 years for 25 years that families crave stability and if your family are stable it makes things easier for you

His family have been up here 7 yrs havent they? 

Ppl do move about with jobs.

When you become a footballer this will probably happen, you will be lucky if you are a Ryan Giggs or Paul Scholes type of player.

Think Sam has been in London and Sheffield and thats it hasnt he? 

Just now, TaxiMark said:

His family have been up here 7 yrs havent they? 

Ppl do move about with jobs.

When you become a footballer this will probably happen, you will be lucky if you are a Ryan Giggs or Paul Scholes type of player.

Think Sam has been in London and Sheffield and thats it hasnt he? 

It doesn't matter who you are - he will want his family settled so he knows that they are happy. The rest tends to follow on

46 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

No mud slinging are you sure ,He has told Look North about not being paid ,Which he will ,Why is that not mud slinging ,Especially to a Dirty Leeds  biased station.

He didn't seem too bothered about the pay issue, just said it was an error and will get sorted out in due course.

It's a bit of a leap to then decide that he leaked a story to Look North

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

Lets hypothetically suggest Hutch totally refused to play the role on the field that the manager asked him to play. And made it quite clear in front of others in the dressing room that he wasn’t going to and refused to budge no matter what Monk said.

No idea if this was the case , but if it was what should Monk have done.

I just happen to think these things start on the pitch.

I think that this may be very close to the truth. On his last home game for us (that awful 5-0 drubbing from Blackburn), my young granddaughter was one of the mascots. She plays midfield for one of the ladies teams. On our tour of the ground we were in the home dressing room when Hutchinson came in. Naturally he said hello and my granddaughter said to him that it was good to talk to him as she was also a midfielder. You could immediately see that his whole demeanour changed and he spat out the words “ I’m a defender , not a midfielder “ . She’d obviously touched a very raw nerve. He never played a league match again, entirely losing his place after the next game (QPR in the cup).

29 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

It doesn't matter who you are - he will want his family settled so he knows that they are happy. The rest tends to follow on

So do you think if he was offered a 1 yr contract he would have declined it based on your theory then? 

My guess is he loved it up here said in the past that his family were all settled up here dispite what he said the other day.

12 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

I think that this may be very close to the truth. On his last home game for us (that awful 5-0 drubbing from Blackburn), my young granddaughter was one of the mascots. She plays midfield for one of the ladies teams. On our tour of the ground we were in the home dressing room when Hutchinson came in. Naturally he said hello and my granddaughter said to him that it was good to talk to him as she was also a midfielder. You could immediately see that his whole demeanour changed and he spat out the words “ I’m a defender , not a midfielder “ . She’d obviously touched a very raw nerve. He never played a league match again, entirely losing his place after the next game (QPR in the cup).

Hutch was always a very deep , defensive midfielder for us.

Jos played him in some stupid positions and they fell out. Jos was wrong to play him in those positions but I am sure this happens to lots of players and they sort it out amicably.

I believe Monk wanted him to push up more and as you say Hutch sees himself as a defender/ defensive midfielder at a push and again they fail to sort it amicably.

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

So do you think if he was offered a 1 yr contract he would have declined it based on your theory then? 

My guess is he loved it up here said in the past that his family were all settled up here dispite what he said the other day.

Will never know as he wasn't offered a new contract and has chosen to move his family back to his home town. Things change with work and when you are used to moving around there comes a time that you want to stop and put down proper roots. A bit like Chris Kirkland did.

In answer to your question I think he would have moved his family back to London if he had been offered a 1 year contract.

A nomadic lifestyle is great when you are young and it's all a bit of an adventure everytime you go away. I know from personal experience that the feeling wears off when you get older and you look at things as more of a pain than a pleasure.

3 hours ago, darra said:

I heard from a friend who I trust to give sound information that there was a certain hierarchy at the club between some senior players and the young uns. One of the first things Monk did was put a stop to it. 

Thanks for sharing.

That could be interpreted in all sorts of ways! Did they say what form this hierarchy took, or was it just a general sense of unpleasantness towards the younger lads?

3 hours ago, cowl said:

The ‘more’ might well be purely down to a personality trait of Monk though.

He's impatient; when he decides that for next season he won't want a player still, he doesn't seem to be able to find a way to utilise them while they're still at the club.

If the club could just go out and buy better replacements immediately, then this would work okay, but we absolutely can't do that. Like I say, there's no pragmatism.

At the end of January, it wasn't just Hutchinson and Westwood but Winnall and Rhodes as well that were simply excluded from selection. Okay, perhaps, because we brought in Da Cruz, Wickham and Windass - but none of them were match-fit (and it showed) - and thus followed up to the lockdown a run of 9 games, with our only win being courtesy of a last minute goal against Charlton.

Monk has since said that he knew the players he brought in in January weren't match-fit - and yet he jettisoned the players they were replacing all the same.

What's this notion that Monk simply decided he didn't want Hutchinson here next season based on?

Since he was playing regularly under him up to a point, it suggests something else went on to me.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What's this notion that Monk simply decided he didn't want Hutchinson here next season based on?

Since he was playing regularly under him up to a point, it suggests something else went on to me.

Why? Did ‘something’ go on for Winnall or Rhodes to find themselves out of the squad completely at the end of January? Winnall had started all but one of the previous 7 games prior to the unfit loan signings coming in.