Reach and Lees

Guest wilyfox

I think we should look to trade these two. Year left on contract. Lost their places. Both had their day. 

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Simple question are they both injured?

Borner taken off at half time presumably incase he had pulled his calf Lees did not come instead Fox, who for me gets 2 minutes at the end, does want to be here, so should not have been included.

We then take Rhodes off after 60 minutes on a booking and bring Da Cruz on who was awful, no runs, no crosses, loses the ball too easily and so light weight for his frame. Why did Reach not come on, would had give up something going forward, a goal threat but also better defensively.

We then make the Odabajo substitution and another ref we could have lost two points with another clumsy challenge in the box. I would rather anyone instead of him.

But positives 3 points is great, now 10 points off the bottom 3. Let's wait and see what happens with the EFL this week and hopefully get something from the West Brom game.

Yeah cos Borner’s calf has been surgically moved up to his thigh where the Physio was clearly bandaging it!

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, Key said:

Yeah cos Borner’s calf has been surgically moved up to his thigh where the Physio was clearly bandaging it!

lol

The tv had him running the top of his leg either way it's a leg injury why he has not come out for the second half.

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

Simple answer

Lees is not a left centre back in a 3 any more than I am which is worrying for the next game 

Reach is stranger. Are we planning to sell him?

I can only think both are in the final year of their contracts so are now longer allowed to play. lol

I suspect Reach isn't 100% and is being nursed back to full fitness, or he is going to be going? 

He isnt a number 10 or forward though, so the thing about replacing Rhodes is a dog poo idea. 

Lees needs to play in centre of a back 3, cannot defend wide areas as he showed at luton

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Simple answer

Lees is not a left centre back in a 3 any more than I am which is worrying for the next game 

Reach is stranger. Are we planning to sell him?

Yeah, it's a worrying prospect if Börner's not going to be fit for Wednesday.

I'd rather we play 4 at the back if Börner can't make it.

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

I like Reach.

Could be a real asset in a confident team.

Got a great engine.

Where would he fit into this side now though?

As a central midfielder he's just too slow and ineffective

As a left winger to get down the wings and get the ball in he's not as fast as the newer players are

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Simple question are they both injured?

Borner taken off at half time presumably incase he had pulled his calf Lees did not come instead Fox, who for me gets 2 minutes at the end, does want to be here, so should not have been included.

We then take Rhodes off after 60 minutes on a booking and bring Da Cruz on who was awful, no runs, no crosses, loses the ball too easily and so light weight for his frame. Why did Reach not come on, would had give up something going forward, a goal threat but also better defensively.

We then make the Odabajo substitution and another ref we could have lost two points with another clumsy challenge in the box. I would rather anyone instead of him.

But positives 3 points is great, now 10 points off the bottom 3. Let's wait and see what happens with the EFL this week and hopefully get something from the West Brom game.

Clumsy challenge? The Bristol City player fell down under no contact.

Da Cruz held the ball and carried it forward well. Didn’t he have a shot well saved late on too?

Agreed re the two players though - they are first teamers and unless injured should surely be in the squad.

• Like 4

I think most forward thinking teams would have sold them and reinvested the money probably a year ago. We will keep them, let their contracts run out and they will leave next summer. 

Of course the teams that would sell them would do so with the confidence that they have ready made replacement shortlists and not panic buy and waste the money. 

• Like 3