Fletch, Forestieri and Fox reject contract extensions

Guest Grez Bez

I like all 3 but happy to start our fresh start.

We needed a clear out with some new faces to change the dynamic somewhat

I was going to get all sentimental and thank them for their contributions. But then I remembered the absolute poo show we’ve been since Forestieri hit that penalty straight at the Huddersfield keeper and I couldn’t be arsed.

Time for a huge shake up. I just pray we are 1) in a position to do so 2) have the right recruitment team in place to replace them.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, milanowl said:

What we'd all give to go back to Norwich away Aug 2016 and persuade the club to get whatever they could for Forestieri.

Hindsight eh.. not one fan would have sold him back then and I bet theres not one post from back then to suggest so. And now the chairman is getting slated for not selling. Fickle fans spring to mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It needed to happen. Forestieri and Fletcher are good championship players on there day and in a way will be missed, but there days aren’t consistent and we need to move in a different direction. Personally think we could have a better player than Fox in Penney anyways. Fox improved but he’s not exactly a huge loss.

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox

No complaints from me. Respect to Kieran, Atdhe, and Paul for the extra month.

Fox & Fletcher probably have better offers and can't risk it. Understandable.

Accepted it was time for Forestieri to go way back.

Hutch & Winnall departures were expected. 

2 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Hindsight eh.. not one fan would have sold him back then and I bet theres not one post from back then to suggest so. And now the chairman is getting slated for not selling. Fickle fans spring to mind.

Tbf, there were a fair few calling him out at the time. It's just one of those things that his Wednesday career never got back to the level of the previous season.

• Like 2

Shame about Fletcher but he's replaceable. 

Fox was 50/50 but deserved to be offered one, he's rejected it and the replacement is already in the club so need a back up for Penney now. 

Rest happy with, a full clear out is needed and the restart button hitting with lower wages, young hungry players wanting to play for the shirt and to build a team not a set of individuals. 

• Like 1

Forestieri was unplayable for a season, had the arse on for a season and then was injured for a season. I suspect the club offered him a contract that reflected this. I have to believe that for the money saved on ff and fletcher we can get one or two players who are of a better age and spend more time away from the treatment table. Fox....meh

• Like 2