Fletch, Forestieri and Fox reject contract extensions

9 minutes ago, Grez Bez said:

Unrelated but Fox has to be one of the ugliest players to ever play for us

A little unfair when we used to have a keeper who looked like Plug from The Beano

Chris Adamson

C9F516F0-AF70-41CD-9C77-DB7809D610FB.jpeg

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Not really much of a loss.

Loved Fessi but trouble follows him around. Injury record the last 3 seasons is poor.

Fletcher has only had 2 decentish seasons. Puts in maximum effort, but his injury record is even worse.

Fox just isn't good enough. Improved yes, and I think he was unfairly given lots of stick. A solid left back, but shouldn't be first choice if we want to get promoted and has been a massive step down from Pudil

Fox is an improvement on the later Pudil though

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

He’s refused another contract to protect his next gravy train. He’s not done us a favour. 

Whatever his reasoning, I don't see that we're any worse off for saving upwards of £100k for the sake of no more than two or three starts max given his physical condition since December.

Glad Nuhiu’s staying if it’s only for the short term. We can’t expect 90 minutes from Wickham in every game for the rest of the season.

Not fussed about Fox. Totally dogger for the first 2 Years he was here and even though he’s been better since, you wouldn’t say he’s irreplaceable.

Fletcher was never going to get the contract he wanted here. Like Hooper before him, he’s been a good consistent player for us when fit but unfortunately he’s not been available as much as we’d have all liked him to be?

Forestieri had two seasons as good as any player I’ve seen in my time as a Wednesday fan. Unfortunately the last three seasons have been disappointing for a variety of reasons and unfortunately now’s the time to part company.

Jones is probably needed short term just in case either of the 2 first choice keepers pick up an injury?

I can’t argue with any of the decisions made in all honesty?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Monk told the press months ago he was desperate for Fletcher to stay. beyond this season and negotiations were under way.  Hard to know what is going on.

He did & he hinted that both Fletcher & Fox wanted to stay. Unfortunately one of the Wednesday media reporters hinted last week that both had been offered new contracts but on reduced terms. That will be DC's call not Monk's & is probably necessary to keep us within P&S limits moving forward.

26 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Pretty much as expected after Saturday, especially after the Fletcher fiasco.
Was he really injured in training the week before? Was he injured after five minutes?

Guess we’ll never know but it’s a sad ending to his time here.
Only surprise is Nuhiu extending, but where’s he going to go to get the terms he’s enjoyed here .

If Nuhiu comes on for 15 minutes and grabs us a late goal once or twice in the run in his extension could be the best deal in football history. He's here to play from the bench and cover in case Wickham gets injured surely

This was a risk faced by all clubs with players on expiring contracts. Continuing the season beyond the end date of 30 June when players can leave before the season is finished completely undermines the integrity of the competition.

The season should have been abandoned or at least decided on PPG like Leagues 1 and 2. However, we've now got another example of why continuing behind closed doors is a sham.

"Football's back" has been the cry of the masses.

All the clubs with their TV money and everyone who has supported this farce by accepting iFollow is responsible for this.

Edited by Loxley Owl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m not remotely bothered about Forestieri leaving, he hasn’t given a s**t about this club or the fans ever since he refused to play for us.

Fox, he’s greatly improved this season but he’s not as great as some make him out to be and we have a ready replacement in Penney.

I would’ve like Fletcher to have signed a new deal but I doubt we could have afforded to offer him the terms he was on before and predictably he will have interest from others with far more financial clout than us. I suppose the silver lining is that his wages might help us bring 2 players in and also, if you’re going to go with a smaller squad you need to be able to get 30 games minimum out of your players... I’m not sure you can say that of Fletcher.

• Like 2

Fletch can leave with his head held high - not great he cant even stay to see out the season, but I guess his current fitness/injury means there is very little point paying him just to sit in the treatment room.  Top earner but absolutely carried us almost single handedly this season up until his injury.

Fox - clearly he's been getting better but personally not sure he's the player I want playing left back. Plus, he's got interest elsewhere so fair play to him. Weird he doesn't want to stay the rest of the season but imagine wages cut would be big anyway.

FF - thanks for the great memories, but very much time to go. Truly mindblowingly ridiculous decision from the club not to sell him for big bucks a few years back. 

Hutch, Winnall - very much out the picture and whilst always rated Hutch he clearly hasn't had a future here for some time.

Time to move on... (god knows where!)