Fletch, Forestieri and Fox reject contract extensions

20 minutes ago, vulva said:

The last week sums up football. Clubs begging fans to donate money, and multi millionaire footballers refuse to play on for a few weeks, after 3 months of doing frig all. 

I quite happily empty their lockers into black bin ah and dump it on Middlewood Road. Send them down the road now and don’t wait for the contracts to expire. Absolute disgrace. 

Where does it say they refuse to play? 

If letting these players go is a sign of intent of a dynamic 352/532 with wingbacks I'm all for it.

For the individual quality of FF or fletcher or the work ethic of fox, there are probably players better suited (read; not necessarily individually better) for what I hope is a change in tactical direction 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

As has been said them leaving for free is a joke. We wonder why this club is in such a financial mess. It’s decisions like not selling players when we had the chance. FF should have been sold a long time ago. 

We should sell any player given the right offer and involves a profit, its what keeps most clubs outside the premiership afloat.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Where does it say they refuse to play? 

It doesn’t. It effectively says they refused a short term deal to protect their next long term deal. That’s my interpretation anyway. 

Despite his improvement, don't rate Fox at all. FF utterly unreliable. Fletcher... who knows, hardworking and very capable player, (we'd have been f...ked without him this season) but age seemingly starting to get the better of him. Hutch and Winnall barely used.

Should free up quite an amount of cash... now totally dependent on good recruitment.... fingers crossed 

WTF:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really do hope Nuhiu is only staying until the end of the season because Fletcher and FF have left and then he is sent on his way. 

its only a short term extension so until the games are played i suspect like the other loanees if it happens

FF - Missed the boat on him a couple of years back...  

Fletch - Probably wouldn't be able to help us this season anyway... only lasted 2 minutes on Saturday

Fox - I didn't mind Fox TBH - he improved this season and if we do go down he would be a good League 1 guy... he will definitely get picked up by someone next season..

Winnall - Guessing he is still wondering why he made the move to SWFC... it's been a disaster TBH

If Atdhe has signed a short term deal I am OK with that... to be fair he always puts a shift in while others seem to stroll through the games without a care in the world..  A bit of enthusiasm is what he brings to the games... just needs a longer shirt perhaps?