THE EFL HEARING THREAD

The whole thing is a mess. Really, this should’ve been dealt with in February. We are now 30th June and still we don’t know what is happening.

What is the situation with Derby and Reading ? I understand that they have also been charged and when is their hearing ? 

Just now, The_Limit_Owl said:

has it really made you laugh?   

ah well, simple things eh...

It really did mate

Absolutely NOBODY knows what's going off in this hearing. Not a whisper, Not a sniff. And it will be like that until it's over and the verdict announced.

For this 'it's a landmark case' to come out of nowhere, get picked up, repeated and pushed as some kind of fact is funny

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It really did mate

Absolutely NOBODY knows what's going off in this hearing. Not a whisper, Not a sniff. And it will be like that until it's over and the verdict announced.

For this 'it's a landmark case' to come out of nowhere, get picked up, repeated and pushed as some kind of fact is funny

lol

Soon as you turn up it all kicks off.  Get back to streets of Sheffield thread.  

Guest wilyfox

Landmark case?! DC keeps telling me they ain't even got decent biscuits. Cheap wafers today, apparently. He's livid. 

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

The whole thing is a mess. Really, this should’ve been dealt with in February. We are now 30th June and still we don’t know what is happening.

What is the situation with Derby and Reading ? I understand that they have also been charged and when is their hearing ? 

Does anyone know where we’d stand if all 3 clubs are given a points deduction, but the other two have theirs put into next season due to the EFL dragging their feet?

If our deduction sent us down surely we’d have a case for being treat differently to the other two? 

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I get that mate, all suppositions innit, we’ll know when we know I guess!  

Aye

They're not half taking their time tho! 

I thought it would have lasted from Monday till Wednesday, then deliberations for a couple of days and announcement Friday night

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Does anyone know where we’d stand if all 3 clubs are given a points deduction, but the other two have theirs put into next season due to the EFL dragging their feet?

If our deduction sent us down surely we’d have a case for being treat differently to the other two? 

I can see that just being one of a zillion different combinations that could lead to massive legal actions

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

I don’t know the answer to that but surely all points deductions should be applied in the same season for fairness and to avoid ambiguity.

With our case still ongoing, how are they going to complete the derby and reading case in time?

To be honest, it looks a mess and I wonder whether the EFL are tying themselves in knots here. I think they’ve been under pressure to bring clubs to account but unsure whether they have a solid case for the independent commission to charge us? Just a hunch. 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I don’t know the answer to that but surely all points deductions should be applied in the same season for fairness and to avoid ambiguity.

With our case still ongoing, how are they going to complete the derby and reading case in time?

To be honest, it looks a mess and I wonder whether the EFL are tying themselves in knots here. I think they’ve been under pressure to bring clubs to account but unsure whether they have a solid case for the independent commission to charge us? Just a hunch. 

I don’t understand why rules can’t be put in place to ensure any such hearings are completed (and any penalties applied) before start of new season.  Any cases not brought by then roll over into next season.  At least this would be transparent for everyone, and avoid situations like ours where, with only 7 games left we don’t really know how many points we have.

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Aye

They're not half taking their time tho! 

I thought it would have lasted from Monday till Wednesday, then deliberations for a couple of days and announcement Friday night

Don't know why these announcements take so long.

Southend were recently up before a Desiplinary Commission
Their hearing started on 18 May and the decision was on 20 May
But publication of decision wasn't until 2 June.

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2020/june/independent-disciplinary-commission-decision/

5 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Don't know why these announcements take so long.

Southend were recently up before a Desiplinary Commission
Their hearing started on 18 May and the decision was on 20 May
But publication of decision wasn't until 2 June.

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2020/june/independent-disciplinary-commission-decision/

Maybe they have to wait a set period of time before decisions can be made public? Allowing a set time frame for appeals to be made. The decision above looks like it was announced 2 full weeks after the hearing. 

2 minutes ago, jamese said:

Maybe they have to wait a set period of time before decisions can be made public? Allowing a set time frame for appeals to be made. The decision above looks like it was announced 2 full weeks after the hearing. 

Good point mate. I think parties have 14 days to lodge an appeal