THE EFL HEARING THREAD

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It would have taken me five minutes... Not Guilty right lets sod off to the boozer

But then who buys the first round? Boro think we should but we think it should be split between us, Derby and Reading. Barnsley think we should buy two rounds before they buy one. 

Whoever has to buy the first will appeal the decision. 

It all ends with no beer and everyone sat around sharing a bag of scampi fries. 

Just now, HarryPlopper said:

I half wonder if the EFL had an eye on the lockdown period and were hoping for a null and void season, prompting them to be very slow to proceed.   It might have have made their life a lot easier.

The hearing was due to be held in July but was brought forward for one reason or the other (insert pressure from other clubs). I think the EFL were unsure as to how strong their case was and were looking for at prolonging the issue

I've commented a lot on this post about my thoughts about the amount of hurdles to jump over to process the sale in the manner we did and how the sale must have been ratified.

However the longer this goes on there is another feeling that should we win the case the EFLs entire legitimacy will be compromised leaving the floodgates open for all clubs to follow suit

Therefore, perhaps there may be some kind of small penalty as a token warning to others - maybe based on the valuation rather than the sale itself? Or some other kind of minor infringement rather than the one brought forward (hence the delay as we may not have prepared for the minor one).

Fact is nobody knows really, it's both fun and terrifying to guess though!

2 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

But then who buys the first round? Boro think we should but we think it should be split between us, Derby and Reading. Barnsley think we should buy two rounds before they buy one. 

Whoever has to buy the first will appeal the decision. 

It all ends with no beer and everyone sat around sharing a bag of scampi fries. 

I can't go in a pub and just look at a bag of scampi fries, your round, a pint of Johns mate.  Cheers, hic

Guest mrbluesky
20 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Sonofbert2, was telling us to 'Get Ready' yesterday, ... What's happened Son? 

He`s still getting ready, Dad.

Bloody teenagers!

7 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

I think they've moved on to discussing Monk's managerial pedigree and therefore there'll still be a few days yet

Heard that they had made decision Friday, -12 points, but then they decided to read this thread over the weekend. After reading it they decided that the club should not be made to suffer any more and that the -12 points should be shared between Fessie, Fletch, Fox & Hutch. 

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Whats that code for? 

Best post of the thread so far!!  This man is loving lockdown and has got his priorities right :)

Hopefully these pleasant posts reflect into our punishment...!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jamese said:

Maybe they have to wait a set period of time before decisions can be made public? Allowing a set time frame for appeals to be made. The decision above looks like it was announced 2 full weeks after the hearing. 

The Club anounced in December that the process of appointing arbitrators was underway and that no steps would be taken in the disciplinary case, if at all, until the arbitration was resolved.

We can only assume that the arbitration panel ruled that the disciplinary case could proceed. It seems from the rules that arbitration panel and disciplinary commission cases can be consolidated.

So all evidence, witness statements, etc. gathered during the arbitration proceedings were probably carried forward into the disciplinary proceedings. In which case the judgement will have a lot of complex ground to cover. Maybe that's another reason for the delay.

2 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

if you look at the top left of the picture, you can make out a face with a faint smile. Either that or the outcome is going to be a berry good one for the club.

D27635A0-2C4C-4F75-B0B0-083BCFE35607.png

Think we'd need to see the tea leaves to corroborate that