THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if this has broadened out into an investigation into fictitious companies sponsoring us.

Certainly if the EFL were thwarted in their initial case, they might pursue us for other issues.

surely that's not the remit of the case? 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
45 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

image.thumb.png.b376b63fb9abdb8bb4167a026b5ff24e.png

Just sweep folders off the desk and play with the brunette, man. Defo a dirty girl hiding behind those glasses. 

6 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

surely that's not the remit of the case? 

It's not, but they may be looking at the bigger picture and saying to the panel " look, SWFC have history of bending the FFP rules with sponsorship coming from their owners shell companies to try and inject" income" into the club. 

The EFL may  well be using DC's previous rule bending to show we have history of this sort of thing. 

I hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't be surprised if the EFL used this against us. 

9 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

If ever a post suited the username!

It’s the obvious play though: if our lass goes mad at me for staying out late, but I point out it was already agreed that I was going to do so, she will then kick off about me not doing the gardening or something else to avoid losing face.

16 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if this has broadened out into an investigation into fictitious companies sponsoring us.

Certainly if the EFL were thwarted in their initial case, they might pursue us for other issues.

The hearing will be strictly limited to the original case against the club, they can't just turn up with other charges & not allow the club to time to prepare a defence.

16 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Once a company is set up and registered there is no obligation to immediately commence trading even though said company may wish to pre advertise it's wares. Ask Dominic Rab he invested £200M into a Ferry company that had zero Ferries and only 17/- sixpence in declared assets lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It's not, but they may be looking at the bigger picture and saying to the panel " look, SWFC have history of bending the FFP rules with sponsorship coming from their owners shell companies to try and inject" income" into the club. 

The EFL may  well be using DC's previous rule bending to show we have history of this sort of thing. 

I hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't be surprised if the EFL used this against us. 

The QC representing us would jump on them like a ton of bricks & the accusation would have to be ignored.

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

It’s the obvious play though: if our lass goes mad at me for staying out late, but I point out it was already agreed that I was going to do so, she will then kick off about me not doing the gardening or something else to avoid losing face.

Are all women trained in this?! My misses does the same. 10 years and i have never won an argument. I thought i had won one once but in making by big dramatic "f**k me i won! i need to sit down" that moved into phase two of the argument (me not respecting her) and i lost anyway! 

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

You've got it wrong...it's Santa who you send your wish list to...not Neil

10 minutes ago, Bourbon said:

Even in this thread I’m getting adverts for ‘Find Greek girls, ‘Find Muslim singles’ ‘Mature singles nearby’ 

well its definitely linked to your cookies so someone has been looking for singles on your device 😇

ps i get gap Kids and Dr Martens

Guest Grandad
29 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

And a brand for another company that doesnt exist sponsoring the shirts, adevrtising hoardings, North Stand etc etc etc