Season ticket money

Refunds is a total can of worms really....

Like Neil said...DC commented on the minimal amount we actually put into the club, so you would presume a refund would make little difference wouldn't you?

Then theres a viable reason for a refund....If Covid is still in the community...Thats one isn't it?..health and safety.

I mean we are talking about a ground you can't take bloody flag into for fear of a "conflagaration"..So who should be penalised for avoiding it in a pandemic?

I'm quite prepared to stand to what ive paid..If DC will make concessions on POTG prices...He can use my money to subsidise getting something like a bloody crowd in when we restart.

Its either gonna be massively divisive...or it could actually bring the whole shambles back together again...Its DC's call really

Sheffield Wednesday are excited to announce how we will compensate season ticket holders for the remainder of the 2019/20 season and for what we expect to be a partial disruption to the 2020/21 season. 

The plan the first of its kind in the UK will see fans make savings of up to £200 making the actual match day price just £40. 

I jest but cringe at what is coming next when it comes to things like this. Maybe DC will be on the ball this time. 

• Haha 1

This is a crucial decision for Chansiri.

One that could take the relationship between the clubs owner and fans forwards or backwards dependant on the decision taken and the communication around it.

Given the prices we've paid and what we've put up with over the years then a full refund should be in order.

The state of the clubs finances is hardly the fault of the fans. We don't write the contracts that have lead to all the issues we have with FFP etc. Clubs have often said they want to treat fans as customers. As customers we have rights which I would have thought would have been covered under non provision of a service in this case attendance at a sporting event.

Edited by FARGATEOWL
Spelling

my suggestion would be to delay next season till at least October ,do away with all international blank weekends next season , play the league cup in late aug September behind closed doors(nobody attends anyways so no biggy) play games upto q finals that would free up 3 midweek dates along with nov march and april blank weekends along with midweek dates that could allow upto 10 league games to be played . either the gov allows fans to attend at this point or there just aint any point then all players would need to be sacked and clubs would need to be mothballed , my suggestion is if they can check your temp in 2 secs at an airport that can be done attending games ,there would be very few attending anyways with the virus this should reduce it to very few if any. cant hide forever life needs living.  regards refunds it just wont be possible clubs would all go to the wall ,championship downwards . 

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Richard Herring hit the nail on the head for me 

Such a sensible solution

Just merge two seasons into one

Sorted

I suppose it all depends on when there is a restart, personally I would cancel this season, then start next season later than normal by not playing any cup matches.

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

A millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds yet our ordinary working class fans want to donate their hard earned money to the millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds.

The same millionaire who boasted at the last fans forum to the fans there that 'let me tell you.. your money doesn’t cover anything'

Read that again

Let it sink in...

Probably the best post......ever. 

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

In all honesty regardless of what you think of Chansiri as a chairman I would be absolutely staggered if he didn't look after the fans at this time.

I just can't see him saying no refunds or trying to offer watching it online instead of giving you money back etc

His family values would surely mean he will look after all season ticket holders.

That's my gut feeling anyway

I just think he'll look after the fans

I think you are spot on with this. 

Personally I'd be happy for my season ticket for next season to be carried over to the following season. 

Maybe the 5 games for this/last season going towards watching next season online IF we can't attend all games next season. 

Saying that I think we might be able to start attending games at some point during next season with a drastically reduced capacity. 

17 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Maybe best way to play in front of a reduced capacity is only let people in who have took up the option of the early bird season ticket for 20/21

Why should I be penalised for buying an early bird ticket though. 

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or the Club1867

That would ensure social distancing safety for sure

A stand each

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Richard Herring hit the nail on the head for me 

Such a sensible solution

Just merge two seasons into one

Sorted

Not sure I agree with merging the seasons - teams started this season with the expectation it would last a specific number of games and made alterations in the January transfer window specifically designed to impact the remaining games.

The PL look set to resume and conclude this season but no way will they do so in time to start next season on time. This season should be finished as and when it is safe to do so and then discussions should be held on the best format for next season. 

Guest Grandad
Just now, rickygoo said:

Assuming the Lep and the Kop are closed. 

They'd have to be - keep fans separate exiting

I can just imagine SAG - 4 people?? A stand each??  HAVENT YOU HEARD ABOUT THIS COVID-19???