Season ticket money

Not really been on for a while so apologies if this has been discussed...

Not too fussed about this year, but if it looks like a significant chunk of next season will be played behind closed doors how would you like.the club to deal with your season ticket money?   

a) refund it

b) refund a %

c) keep it and offer free  iFollow until you can attend

d) defer your ticket to 21/22

e) keep it

Are there any other options? 

Starting point has to be prorated % refund for each home game left this season every home game behind close door next season. I paid to go to those games so if they are not available I should be offered a refund.

If the club wants to offer some alternatives for fans happy to take another option that’s fine.

Personally I am happy to look at any options they put forward but if they don’t included an offer of a refund I will demand one out of disgust at my treatment as a fan.

ifollow offer would be an expensive option if your in a household with 4 season tickets🥴

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Starting point has to be prorated % refund for each home game left this season every home game behind close door next season. I paid to go to those games so if they are not available I should be offered a refund.

If the club wants to offer some alternatives for fans happy to take another option that’s fine.

Personally I am happy to look at any options they put forward but if they don’t included an offer of a refund I will demand one out of disgust at my treatment as a fan.

ifollow offer would be an expensive option if your in a household with 4 season tickets🥴

As a customer that's what you'd expect but losing the season ticket revenue would leave a huge hole in our finances (I appreciate all clubs will be in the same situation). How in earth would we pay the wages if we had to give all that money back? We'd be completely reliant on the Chairman or hand outs from elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

As a customer that's what you'd expect but losing the season ticket revenue would leave a huge hole in our finances (I appreciate all clubs will be in the same situation). How in earth would we pay the wages if we had to give all that money back? We'd be completely reliant on the Chairman or hand outs from elsewhere.

It's a tricky situation. Just as the lockdown began Mowgli was about to launch in Leeds. By now I would probably have visited three or four times. I haven't coughed up for non-existent curries though to keep the chefs and waiters in employment - much though I admire the owner and what she provides.

First option for Wednesday has to be a refund for this season and next - especially given the parlous state of many people's finances.  After that it should be down to individuals. 

I think our club (not sure about others) will probably offer a range of options, from a full refund to a deferral, to suit all individuals circumstances. They may make the latter more worthwhile for individuals, as commercially it would be better I presume to keep the revenue, although I'm not sure what or how we could right off/right down this particular part of our annual income. Maybe it could be offset somehow, but I'm going too deep with this now.

I do think however that FFP/P&S will need to either be reviewed or suspended for this season, as a lot of clubs will now be making a loss that is totally out of their hands, and outside the remit of FFP.

Personally I would be happy to defer.

36 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Comforting to know we have a chairman with deep pockets.

But more importantly very long arms.

A millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds yet our ordinary working class fans want to donate their hard earned money to the millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds.

The same millionaire who boasted at the last fans forum to the fans there that 'let me tell you.. your money doesn’t cover anything'

Read that again

Let it sink in...

Owlstalk Shop

I would expect there to be options on the table with zero ramifications. As in no you can have a refund but you cant purchase another season ticket.

I would hope the above options a, b, c, d, e are available but as option F all season ticket holders can have those tickets that they have not received a game for as free tickets next season. Ie cup games, take a friend, child etc.

• Haha 1

In all honesty regardless of what you think of Chansiri as a chairman I would be absolutely staggered if he didn't look after the fans at this time.

I just can't see him saying no refunds or trying to offer watching it online instead of giving you money back etc

His family values would surely mean he will look after all season ticket holders.

That's my gut feeling anyway

I just think he'll look after the fans

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

A millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds yet our ordinary working class fans want to donate their hard earned money to the millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds

I think that the majority of our fans would want a refund unless the players agreed to take a substantial pay cut. 

For me personally I've got the attitude that season ticket money for the remainder of this season and next is already gone. 

Will I buy another one after this  ?.

Guest LittleG

I'm happy to forego any refunds for the remainder of this season but, as I already have my season ticket for next year, I would expect a refund for any matches we are unable to attend next season. Don't see any reason for the chairman not to do this.

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds yet our ordinary working class fans want to donate their hard earned money to the millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds.

The same millionaire who boasted at the last fans forum that 'let me tell you.. your money doesn’t cover anything'

Read that again

Let it sink in...

Doesn't sound like a boast, sounds like a simple fact.  

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So the money from the ticket sales covers all the clubs expenses?  

The quote doesn't say "everything" it says "anything". Given match day income is a higher percentage of Wednesday's income than just about every club in the division it's a long way off being fact. 

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not really been on for a while so apologies if this has been discussed...

Not too fussed about this year, but if it looks like a significant chunk of next season will be played behind closed doors how would you like.the club to deal with your season ticket money?   

a) refund it

b) refund a %

c) keep it and offer free  iFollow until you can attend

d) defer your ticket to 21/22

e) keep it

Are there any other options? 

They will probably give you 10% off the new season shirt.

Which will be priced at £66 10% off price £59 :tango:

• Haha 1