Season ticket money

38 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I would expect there to be options on the table with zero ramifications. As in no you can have a refund but you cant purchase another season ticket.

You seriously think that the club would ban  many 1000s of fans from being able to buy a season ticket ...... 

I'll have my money back. We pay a lot of money to watch average footballers on fat salaries struggle to do the basics. During January and February when the performances were poor I would have said that I'll be back next season regardless. However this lockdown might have got me out of the habit of going which will also be the case for many others. Lets hope our overpaid footballers might have had a few thoughts about how privileged they are to receive a handsome salary for such poor output.

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

You seriously think that the club would ban  many 1000s of fans from being able to buy a season ticket ...... 

Highly unlikely - but to be fair that was the deal the last time we were offered refunds! This is a completely different situation - I'm sure he'll do what every normal business should do in this situation. 

Guest The Claw

either money back or credit to a further season, individuals choice, no laws regarding consumer right shave been changed or effected by this civid thingy

In all honestly how about option e) that works for the club and the fans.

e) the club keep the season ticket money paid, let season ticket fans go to the games next season when it is safe for all to do so, then for the next 2 season get 50% off of their seat season ticket price.

This means the fans get something back for their loyalty and the club does not have to give millions back for the season tickets.

If the players across the board wish to take a 10% pay cut too that would be a good gesture on their part to help the club out (but don't hold your breathe on this one)

41 minutes ago, room0035 said:

e) the club keep the season ticket money paid, let season ticket fans go to the games next season when it is safe for all to do so, then for the next 2 season get 50% off of their seat season ticket price.

This means the fans get something back for their loyalty and the club does not have to give millions back for the season tickets.

If the players across the board wish to take a 10% pay cut too that would be a good gesture on their part to help the club out (but don't hold your breathe on this one)

The last paragraph is key isn't it. 

Why should fans, majority of which have been affected financially by this pandemic lose their hard earned to pay players 100%. I'm working full time but had to take a pay cut of 20% my missus is furloughed til god knows when as she works in a pub. There's no way I won't be seeking a refund. Iplayer is a crock of sh*te when it's the normal amount of people watching it. Add another 10k to that and it'll be horrendous, besides I paid to sit in misery and ecstasy, in the cold or warmth, getting irate at times and letting my frustration or joy spill out within earshot of those playing for our team. That won't ever be recreated sat in my living room unless Westwood or Hutch wanna join me! 

Guest LondonOwl313

Everyone saying the club can keep the money despite them not being able to enjoy the product for which they’ve paid is enabling the unrealistic state of financial affairs. 

At work we’ve just been asked to take a 20% pay cut because some of our clients will likely struggle to pay the bills this year (I.e. the companies revenue is down). And that’s still with us doing full hours albeit working from home.

The football industry’s revenue will

be decimated so the reality is the players need to take a massive pay cut even if it continues behind closed doors. Don’t see why we should fork out to keep their salaries sky high when our own wages are being cut. Particularly when our team is sh*t too

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Lets hope our overpaid footballers might have had a few thoughts about how privileged they are to receive a handsome salary for such poor output.

I some how doubt it 

All we've heard is how scary Hillsborough is for the little darlings 

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Option e) might not suit everybody, especially if there is a chance of relegation from a possible points deduction. At the end of the day the club has to offer a refund if you cannot attend; they can offer other options as well and then it is down to each individuals choice.

Guest Grandad
2 hours ago, sage owl said:

I think that the majority of our fans would want a refund unless the players agreed to take a substantial pay cut. 

65% of them according to this survey

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Everyone saying the club can keep the money despite them not being able to enjoy the product for which they’ve paid

I haven’t enjoyed the product for which I’ve paid at Hillsborough in a very long time!!!lol

• Haha 2

The one positive is it will put to bed that idea that the fans are the reason for the players not winning or the negative atmosphere.

I am sure after the first game back loss, the excuse by Monk will be the lack of atmosphere for the players and the fact they had to fetch their own ball when it went out of play. lol

Can’t wait to see what offer Chansiri comes up with this time.

I’m fine with giving fans options but anything other than a refund for every game that can’t be attended won’t sit right with me. 

3 season tickets in my house, 2 already paying for for next season  so I would expect a tempting offer of future discount for 21-22  or my money back for those we cannot attend. I would feel better if there was a gesture by the players as well not just because they have bored me to tears and made me grumpy for much of the season - and almost all of the first halves and the last two minutes .  

PS  not THAT sort of gesture!

49 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Can’t wait to see what offer Chansiri comes up with this time.

I’m fine with giving fans options but anything other than a refund for every game that can’t be attended won’t sit right with me. 

I think by law he as to offer a full refund per game and I'm sure he will