Keiran Maguire "It's like having Lionel Messi on the subs bench"

1 hour ago, keepitsteel89 said:

"ok so you can have one judge who will vote for you, and we will have our judge who will obviously vote for us, and then one more judge who we both attempt to out bribe?"

Surely it makes sense just to have one impartial judge.

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Keiran-Maguire.jpg

Football Finance expert Keiran Maguire has given his thoughts on the upcoming EFL hearing

Speaking to BBC Radio Sheffield, Maguire said: "My understanding is that the legal team that Wednesday employed, in my view, are the best in the business.

"It's the equivalent of having Lionel Messi on the subs' bench with five minutes to go when you're 1-0 down and then turn it into a victory. The people they have representing them are excellent."

Regarding the charges against Chansiri, Meire and Redgate being dropped recently Maguire says

"It's good news for all three individuals concerned.

"I think it's got to raise hopes of Wednesday fans as well.

"If the club executives have been found to have conducted themselves properly then that's got to give a boost to the club and the way that it's conducted itself with regards to the transactions in respect of the stadium."

With regards to why the hearing has been a long time coming he added: 

"The chances are the lawyers working on this will be working from home and won't have access to documentation and evidence on both sides.

"I know some fans are concerned that it's the EFL who are judge and jury.

"But the three people who have been appointed to the panel have a degree of independence.

"I think Wednesday had a say in one of them, the EFL with another and the third is effectively completely neutral."

well written piece, lets hope he is right, fingers crossed

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Getting his defence in early?

Against who/what?

Do you honestly believe he's sat there worrying about being vilified if he's wrong/inaccurate?

lol

This is his career. So yeah, I don’t think he’ll want to come across wrong or inaccurate. Its not that unlikely that someone doesn’t want to be wrong about something is it?

18 hours ago, rickygoo said:

How dare he say something positive about Wednesday's legal team? I for one will be taking no notice of what he says. He's an egotistical no mark with a vendetta against us. There must be an ulterior motive. 

I think it’s a lot  to do with his admiration and promotion of Nick Demarco 

I always thought this would end up with a deal - a comprise way out for both sides - a slap on the hand, and fine is my guess.

There has to be something concrete for the EFL to point to for a knock out blow, which leads to a points deduction. 

Maguire is probably hedging his bets, like me, based on the evidence available and events over the last 6 months or so. 

2 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Football Finance expert Keiran (flip flop) Maguire. Usually holds a position for four or five minutes at a time. When it's all over he'll point to a story that equates to the outcome and say..."What did I tell you" !   

Sounds like most of the posters on here to be honest.

He has a track record of being a bit of a weapon, but on this matter he has stated only the obvious. The EFL case against us is stronger than that against Derby and we have representing us someone with a track record of success in such matters. Don't see why it causes such outrage. 

• Haha 1

Personally i think tulips are more likely to flower in spring. That is to say, spring in the northern hemisphere.

In the southern hemisphere however, they are prob more likely to flower in spring.

All assuming sheff wed havn't got a secret bud riser.