Most inevitable goal against Wednesday

In most Owls‘ matches I expect the opposition to score.  A particular example was Norwich away last season when we were winning 2-1 and had already played the allocated 4 or 5 minutes of injury time.  Said to my in-laws that Norwich will score, and they said no chance the time is up.... an Owls game never seems to be over till the opposition score again 

Edited by Southie_Owl

35 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Diame unfortunately. They’d been queuing up.

That away leg at Brighton seemed to have a Knockaert goal written all over it but somehow it stayed out. Easily the most stressful half an hour of football I’ve seen in a while. 

Went to that game, I was pretty cool about it, after 15 mins was confident that they didn't have it in them to beat us.  God knows why I'm usually quite pessimistic.  

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Went to that game, I was pretty cool about it, after 15 mins was confident that they didn't have it in them to beat us.  God knows why I'm usually quite pessimistic.  

I was ok after Wallace’s goal which killed them but prior to that they were all over us

27 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I was ok after Wallace’s goal which killed them but prior to that they were all over us

until Wallace’s goal we were getting absolutely battered - don’t think I’ve ever seen a team so over run at that level.

it was embarrassing for a bit cos I thought we were gonna be 4-0 down at half time. 

Nearly ended up 2-1 up at half time when hooper missed that header on the break.

The Birmingham equaliser in the last minute at their place this season. I’ve never been so unsurprised or accepting of a late kick in the b*llocks as that one. It’s what we’ve come to expect from our current shower

4 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

In most Owls‘ matches I expect the opposition to score.  A particular example was Norwich away last season when we were winning 2-1 and had already played the allocated 4 or 5 minutes of injury time.  Said to my in-laws that Norwich will score, and they said no chance the time is up.... an Owls game never seems to be over till the opposition score again 

Thats the only time I have missed Norwich away in donkeys years, was sat in a bar in Vegas, at ten in the morning with a stag party of Norwich fans, the worst thing about a goal like that is when fans from the other club start with the "unlucky pal you were the better side" i shared a pint with the one Ipswich fan they had with them