Most inevitable goal against Wednesday

What's the most inevitable goal you've seen scored against Wednesday? For me the two that stick out randomly are Kevin Phillips for Birmingham at Hillsborough in 2008/09 and Leon Clarke for Wolves in 2014/15.

What other ones are there in people's memories?

Guest The Horse

This season against Swansea.

We'd started that nasty run of conceding late / injury time goals.

Morgan Fox scored in injury time to put us in the lead.

But something didn't feel right. Couldn't celebrate it properly because as daft as it sounds in the 91st minute, it felt like we'd scored too early.

Lo and behold and to a collective 'meh' in the ground, Swansea equalised.

Just felt so so obvious.

A few seasons ago when we were 1 up against Millwall at home, we had the ball in the corner at the end of stoppage time.  As soon as they got it out of the corner and started charging up field you could see it coming. One desperate unsuccessful lunge, one cross, one tap in, inevitable. Still irks me to this day.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Andy Linighan’s last minute of extra time winner in the 1993 FA Cup Final. Just as Arsenal were preparing to take the corner my mate says to me “Which end do you think the penalties will be at?”

I’ve never seen any footage of that goal and have no intention of either!

3 hours ago, flo said:

In First play off season when Bannan scored at Derby away I knew we would concede and Darren Bent went and scored. we never win at Derby. 

Nearly put this one, you just knew, esp when carlos put matias on and he was the player who couldnt stop the cross coming in... you just knew

1 hour ago, Bakewell Owl said:

some years back, Derby brought Paul Peschisolido on as a late sub, everybody gave him the ex- pig pelters, i turned to my mate and said he's going to score - and he did

Didnt it bobble in off a deflection too? Jammy barstewards