No football for up to 4 months

25 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Hmm. Long overdue some might say eh DC? I would fall off our settee laughing if we got away with all the EFL shiz due to a restructure as above.

:biggrin:

They’ll find a way to mess things up......probably just create a new rule requiring clubs to have a huge contingency and in turn make a new problem for the clubs that don’t have a benefactor. 

15 hours ago, bradowl said:

Everyone is just guessing I guess. 

I'm guessing it will peak in Italy by end of this month which would possibly mean peaking here by end of April, possibly meaning football can restart before end of May. 

One thing is certain, it won't be starting on April 3rd/4th they've mentioned. 

after what ive read and whats going off everywhere, then add in every sporting event has to have paramedic cover etc etc , im wondering if we wont have football till 2021 at very earliest . forget finishing season off this summer it aint happening. I also don't thing we will offer new contracts now or sign anyone to avoid costs. 

17 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Was reading yesterday that premier league clubs will be fine as fan income only covers 10% of their season income 

League 1, league 2 will be the worst affected 

Time for the fa, EFL and Premier league to step up and help out the lower leagues 

That's presuming, sky are still going to keep coughing up for a non existent product

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, the monk said:

That's presuming, sky are still going to keep coughing up for a non existent product

Agree.. i cancelled my sky sports yesterday as there’s no point in it and was a rolling one month with Now TV. Surely everyone else is doing the same 

I'm wondering if by fluke D C has got slightly lucky, in that most of our sponsorship comes from him , there is virtually nil POG revenue , and half a dozen high earners will soon be off the payroll 

Edited by the monk

Forget any more football this season but start next season with the remainder of this seasons games and finish off league positions.

Have a mid season break while play-offs are decided with a further week or so for the play-off finalists to have a rest then play a full season but only play each other once.

This allows the completion of this season, the completion of next season and no legal challenges.

Big problem with any solution is there will be reduced income over a the two seasons; how is that solved?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Agree.. i cancelled my sky sports yesterday as there’s no point in it and was a rolling one month with Now TV. Surely everyone else is doing the same 

Was thinking the same. I ditched sky  last year, but surely people will be cancelling if out of contract. 

1 hour ago, the monk said:

I'm wondering if by fluke D C has got slightly lucky, in that most of our sponsorship comes from him , there is virtually nil POG revenue , and half a dozen high earners will soon be off the payroll 

That's actually a very good point.

Will we be in a very strong position compared to the rest of the championship once the world of football resets?

21 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Tell the truth...................................................you're on a pub ban aren't you lol

I was on 'self imposed' isolation (but from time to time) I've enough drink to get me by in house for a while, but all this bad news is making me nervous, so i'm drinking more.

IF the boozers shut, it'll be more than bogroll shelves empty.

Edited by dorian gray
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Think they’re showing bowls on some channels mate :duntmatter:

Have you got sky? I’m sure they will be showing 24hr loops of premier league years for the next few months 

yes but there's monster trucks showing too, so i'm on the 'horns of a dilemma'.

1 hour ago, Lombado said:

Watched all 8 episodes of the Netflix's The stranger yesterday instead of F1, Rugby and PL.

Any suggestions for next week end?

Make the most of that they're forecasting a broadband melt down now, with people having to work from home ,students and kids being off school .

At this rate were be digging the old dvd's out .

1 minute ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

Make the most of that they're forecasting a broadband melt down now, with people having to work from home ,students and kids being off school .

At this rate were be digging the old dvd's out .

You filthy beast!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lombado said:

Watched all 8 episodes of the Netflix's The stranger yesterday instead of F1, Rugby and PL.

Any suggestions for next week end?

The Stranger Spoiler alert.

12 characters 

3 murderers

4 embezzlers

3 bent coppers

A sex worker

A perv

3 drug addled kids

And a mother with munchausen syndrome by proxy.

Reyt school that one...

This is getting bad now. I come on here for footy gossip and it’s turned into one of them tug telly mags our lass reads. What you lot going to do when you’ve binge watched everything and w@nked yourselves stupid.....unless your dead by then of course. From corvid or excessive masturbation.