No football for up to 4 months

Just now, Morepork said:

It’s going to necessitate some rule changes around permissible losses and the amounts owners can inject........

Talking about injecting things - second big hit for the NHS will be a baby boom about January next year !

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Just cancel the season now and award titles, promotions and relegations based on current standings. The teams currently in third places get the play off winners spots, the the cups are just scrapped. That's the easiest way for me. 

They'd be massive lawsuits coming if that was to happen, look at the league table below 

Anyone from 8th is one win away from being 2nd and 3rd 

With Wycombe having games in hand 

Screenshot_20200315_182229_com.android.chrome.jpg

Could be looking at much longer without football if the authorities try to end the season based on current league standings. There would be court case after court case. It would be a nightmare with no one winning. 

Best case is to delay until it’s safe to resume. If that means clubs are able to have (in effect) another transfer window mid season, so be it. If it means the authorities have to loosen the rules  on P&S, so be it. 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Just cancel the season now and award titles, promotions and relegations based on current standings. The teams currently in third places get the play off winners spots, the the cups are just scrapped. That's the easiest way for me. 

I disagree. 

If you do that then it will lead to lawsuits and so forth. 

Yeah, Liverpool are all but assured of being champions. 

But then you've got the race for the top 4, relegation and promotion. 

Leeds are currently 7 points ahead of Fulham in third and the two still have to play each other. You can't turn around and say that Leeds should go up because they are top now. 

Plus, what about the teams in the play off places? 

As it is, I think you have two options: 

- We either finish the season off, which is the ideal option. albeit the FA Cup and the European competitions probably have to go bye bye

- The season is declared null and void. 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I disagree. 

If you do that then it will lead to lawsuits and so forth. 

Yeah, Liverpool are all but assured of being champions. 

But then you've got the race for the top 4, relegation and promotion. 

Leeds are currently 7 points ahead of Fulham in third and the two still have to play each other. You can't turn around and say that Leeds should go up because they are top now. 

Plus, what about the teams in the play off places? 

As it is, I think you have two options: 

- We either finish the season off, which is the ideal option. albeit the FA Cup and the European competitions probably have to go bye bye

- The season is declared null and void. 

Agree with this.. and how long will it be before option A can be completed.. people are underestimating how long. Could be 12 months. In which case just scrap the 2020-21 season and finish this season this time next year 

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

It’s going to necessitate some rule changes around permissible losses and the amounts of capital owners can inject by way of loans and other means........

So nowwww they want the owners to pump unlimited money in, alreyt when it suits innit 

I know its a serious situation

but

how funny would it be if the scousers finish top and don't win the league, Leeds finish top and don't get promoted and the pigs are around a Europe place for the first time in their history but don't get a European spot

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So nowwww they want the owners to pump unlimited money in, alreyt when it suits innit 

that's actually a very important point. Many clubs are going to have to rely on their owners to put in vast amounts of their own money.

Just now, Dot said:

that's actually a very important point. Many clubs are going to have to rely on their owners to put in vast amounts of their own money.

We’re screwed then, if ya listen to people on here Chansiris skint 

29 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We’re screwed then, if ya listen to people on here Chansiris skint 

UK coronavirus crisis 'to last until spring 2021 and could see 7.9m hospitalised'

Exclusive: Public Health England document seen by Guardian says four in five of population ‘expected’ to contract virus.

We're all screwed. 

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, Nero said:

UK coronavirus crisis 'to last until spring 2021 and could see 7.9m hospitalised'

Exclusive: Public Health England document seen by Guardian says four in five of population ‘expected’ to contract virus.

We're all screwed. 

That’s ridiculous.. only will be that many if they don’t close everything down. Other countries have got it under control via lockdown and we need to stop p*ssing about and do the same 

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

That’s ridiculous.. only will be that many if they don’t close everything down. Other countries have got it under control via lockdown and we need to stop p*ssing about and do the same 

Gi orrrr , get to work 

The general consensus of the health industry is that the UK will peak in 10 - 14 weeks time. That's from the 24th May to the 21st June. Obviously nobody really knows I guess, but that is based - apparently - on computer simulation.

Code is written by humans and therefore prone to error, and any output is only as good as the data fed in, so we will see.

Edited by ChapSmurf

Guest LondonOwl313
14 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

The general consensus of the health industry is that the UK will peak in 10 - 14 weeks time. That's from the 24th May to the 21st June. Obviously nobody really knows I guess, but that is based - apparently - on computer simulation.

Code is written by humans and therefore prone to error, and any output is only as good as the data fed in, so we will see.

Yeah but that’s the peak based on it being under control which only happens with lockdown.. so it’s not like life can go back to normal after that. It’s either herd immunity or vaccine immunity in the long run. I’d rather wait for the latter even if we’re waiting ages

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Yeah but that’s the peak based on it being under control which only happens with lockdown.. so it’s not like life can go back to normal after that. It’s either herd immunity or vaccine immunity in the long run. I’d rather wait for the latter even if we’re waiting ages

As I said, it's a computer simulation, based on human coding and various data sources. I do not know the parameters of the code, nor the data used to produce the results. So it might be based on lockdown, or it might be based on other factors, I don't know.

Looking at China, it took about 12 weeks to peak from outbreak, so these dates might be stretched somewhat. However, if we use the lessons learned from others, this might not be far off assuming with have some semblance of control, be that either lockdown or vaccine.

2 hours ago, Morepork said:

It’s going to necessitate some rule changes around permissible losses and the amounts of capital owners can inject by way of loans and other means........

Hmm. Long overdue some might say eh DC? I would fall off our settee laughing if we got away with all the EFL shiz due to a restructure as above.

:biggrin:

• Haha 1