No football for up to 4 months

Following through on this mornings announcement on over 70's self isolating for up to 4 months in the coming weeks. The obvious implication is that there won't be any mass gatherings for that period of time.

Theres no way that the government would tempt the werther suckers by rearranging us v Forest etc. 

I know we could close the South but away fans would have to mingle.

Seriously, its gonna be a long long time before we see sport again in the UK.

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

Following through on this mornings announcement on over 70's self isolating for up to 4 months in the coming weeks. The obvious implication is that there won't be any mass gatherings for that period of time.

Theres no way that the government would tempt the werther suckers by rearranging us v Forest etc. 

You're probably right. It is what it is and we all need to do as we're advised. We all know people who need protecting and that's what we must do. 

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Only a little bit longer than the usual summer break with no World Cup or euro competition. I’m sure people would cope 

I wont, I'm in bits, don't know how to cope, it's only been one day.1759383452_giphy(5).gif.f69ad7a4a09bff6b0e4035495a5bfbb2.gif

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

I wont, I'm in bits, don't know how to cope, it's only been one day.1759383452_giphy(5).gif.f69ad7a4a09bff6b0e4035495a5bfbb2.gif

Think they’re showing bowls on some channels mate :duntmatter:

Have you got sky? I’m sure they will be showing 24hr loops of premier league years for the next few months 

42 minutes ago, Nero said:

just had 'the nod' from my mate in the brewing industry that pubs are going to be shut by law from next week.

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Italy are suggesting their season can restart on May 2

And according to Boris last week, we're about 4 weeks behind Italy in terms of number of infections. If that's true, we could be looking at beginning of June for us.

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

just had 'the nod' from my mate in the brewing industry that pubs are going to be shut by law from next week.

Tell the truth...................................................you're on a pub ban aren't you lol

• Haha 2

It will be the end of the season. Won’t see any football again until next season at least. If they start up football again in 3-4 months time it wouldn’t work as the majority of our squad will either be out of contract or returning to their parent clubs before that date meaning we couldn’t field a team.

I don't see there will be any sport by august and maybe not at all this year. I get that there is nowhere near enough respirators , but with sensible actions which don't include locking us all away for months life can get back to normal . I also don't agree with some nonsense about restarting this season in sept then starting next season in January just to suit fifa and there bl**dy world cup . just wont work . looks to be best case scenario would be starting again with same teams in same league in august . if the predicted 500000 dieing in uk is true then why haven't 5 million died in china? already? 

Was reading yesterday that premier league clubs will be fine as fan income only covers 10% of their season income 

League 1, league 2 will be the worst affected 

Time for the fa, EFL and Premier league to step up and help out the lower leagues 

2 hours ago, Chilli said:

And according to Boris last week, we're about 4 weeks behind Italy in terms of number of infections. If that's true, we could be looking at beginning of June for us.

Many player contracts will expire before a season could be finished.

43 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Was reading yesterday that premier league clubs will be fine as fan income only covers 10% of their season income 

League 1, league 2 will be the worst affected 

Time for the fa, EFL and Premier league to step up and help out the lower leagues 

Don't hold your breath mate. The premier league font give a monkeys about the rest of the divisions.