ST refund when Corona Virus hits

Guest Manwithastick

4 hours ago, dorian gray said:

seriously I've seen something today with a 'drug company' offering younger healthy people £3.5k to have the infection to allow them to test for an antidote, buy you a season ticket that if you're interested, or certain it's only a bit of flu.

Younger, healthy people HUH ? Do you think 68and knackered might stand a chance ?  :tango:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Younger, healthy people HUH ? Do you think 68and knackered might stand a chance ?  :tango:

tbh an older bloke in his 80's said he was going for it as he said he'd enjoyed life and wanted to give something to the younger generations.

doubt they'll take him though.

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

who the hell can live off £95 a week? plenty of layabouts have already started taking time off and getting sickness pay from day1. on Saturday there was loads of train staff not at work ,no buffet car going down , heard loads of trains got cancelled . give it 2-3 weeks and country will be totally paralysed by layabouts who cant be arsed . ive had 1 day off work since 19 and I aint young . the culture we have now is what little can I do to get paid. today the stockmarket has crashed ,oil lowest of all time , its like we have been hit by a blooming asteroid or something. just a bad f*cking cold who old people and people with illness should avoid like they should when any of us has a nasty virus. so many old people I know or have met have died in hospital not with there condition but that dirty disease they pick up there 

***tard, just my luck, tank on c63 is 3/4 full, never mind it'll soon shift that.

10 hours ago, handworth52 said:

me 2 ,hundreds of thousands die every year from flu ,virus, sepsis cancer . why is such a big thing been made about it.  surely only hospitals oap homes and the very frail should be protected , its media hysteria. 99% of us will be fine the 1% need looking after and protecting. 

Because they’re saying 50 million in the UK could get it and 5% of those die in a worst case scenario, on top of all the Suicides and flu and sepsis and cancer?!

This is brand new territory, but for war - a long time ago.

I fear England - sorry the UK, could be worse than Italy ultimately because we are seemingly taking things a little more lax.  

Italy has a greater number of elderly than we do but still, I am not sure why our stance is what it is given the fact we are being given advanced warning of what may happen due to Italy's plight.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Thanks 1

We will be entering a full lockdown when this ramps up - the figures that are being reported are like to be 10x or even 50x what is in the news at the minute 

I give it 2 weeks until we’re on a partial or full lockdown. How anyone can be taking this lightly I don’t know - the government should be doing this now, not when it’s spread

9 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

On the other hand China is reporting less new cases, so it might be the start of the end for the virus in China. Grasping at straws but its something.

Aren't they on lockdown too? 

Essentially we should be doing the same - as said above, the government will hold off until it's desperately real there is a big issue here - in which we could end up with millions in isolation for 14 days, rather than trying to shut up shop and stop the spread now by minimising all but essential gatherings and movement. 

13 hours ago, goodytheowl said:

Because they’re saying 50 million in the UK could get it and 5% of those die in a worst case scenario, on top of all the Suicides and flu and sepsis and cancer?!

total rubbish ,50 million in uk wont get it .look at china there already seeing a drop in cases , we are starting to enter spring so it wont be as bad as if it was November entering the winter , when the temp hits 25-26c the virus cant survive so by may/june it might have just about have  gone . I get this coronavirus  is serious but ive worked with old people before and know that any bad virus/flu can kill them if there frail,over the winter months far more elderly people die than in the summer months due to the virus`s what we get every winter. what should be happening is what can be done to protect the over 65s and the ones who are frail or who have medical conditions . shutting schools for instance is just pointless. some restrictions should happen yes but whats going to happen is madness ,Italy you cant go out of front door what the hell!

4 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

total rubbish ,50 million in uk wont get it .look at china there already seeing a drop in cases , we are starting to enter spring so it wont be as bad as if it was November entering the winter , when the temp hits 25-26c the virus cant survive so by may/june it might have just about have  gone . I get this coronavirus  is serious but ive worked with old people before and know that any bad virus/flu can kill them if there frail,over the winter months far more elderly people die than in the summer months due to the virus`s what we get every winter. what should be happening is what can be done to protect the over 65s and the ones who are frail or who have medical conditions . shutting schools for instance is just pointless. some restrictions should happen yes but whats going to happen is madness ,Italy you cant go out of front door what the hell!

No offence intended at all but I’m going to go with the medical experts on this

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No offence intended at all but I’m going to go with the medical experts on this

what medical expert has said 50 million are getting this in uk? and as far as experts go some of them don't know jack sh*t I mean look at the so called expert from Manchester uni what the police commissioned look what garbage he wrote regards leppings lane after utd game and restrictions what were put in place after. my point is that this is media hysteria . instead of printing figures about how many have died from coronavirus deaths from mostly very frail elderly people ,why not print figures stating how many have died per day in uk from normal cold virus`s/flu who are frail because I can assure you that ive met many over 65s who got these virus`s and its finished them off ,or got these superbugs in hospital and that has too. im no expert but we all must realise that a very high amount of old people die over the winter months due to other colds,virus`s,flu,hospital bugs probably into tens of thousands that's why im trying to get some balance to whats happening not saying that it isn't serious. 

• Like 1