ST refund when Corona Virus hits

Guest Manwithastick

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Bizzare in what way?

Just the sheer volume of people just trotting out the same paragraph line for line

Its like they’ve been fed a phrase to say and repeat it like a mass zombie movement, with absolutely no intention of looking into whether what they are saying makes any sense

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Just the sheer volume of people just trotting out the same paragraph line for line

Its like they’ve been fed a phrase to say and repeat it like a mass zombie movement, with absolutely no intention of looking into whether what they are saying makes any sense

Yeah must admit i was quite skeptical at first but if left unchecked as some appear to be saying, then it could wreak havoc and hundreds of thousands could die not just a few thousand. 

Got to have strong stance on it, its the hoarders who get me if we all stick together, the  Dunkirk Spirit then there is more than enough available goods to go around. 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That’s literally word for word what some people post online about this virus 

It’s bizarre 

Wonder if they’d be happy to flip the statement and say ‘literally thousands die from cancer ever year so what’s the big deal’.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

me 2 ,hundreds of thousands die every year from flu ,virus, sepsis cancer . why is such a big thing been made about it.  surely only hospitals oap homes and the very frail should be protected , its media hysteria. 99% of us will be fine the 1% need looking after and protecting. 

It's being made a big deal out of because it's easily transmittable, we have no immunity, no direct treatment, it has the potential to put large amounts of people into Intensive Care at the same time, and can be fatal to the elderly and already unwell. 

When you begin to add the societal, economic, and political issues that are on the way because of this, it's very worrying indeed.

This absolutely isn't media hysteria.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

This is what will happen for season ticket holders if a game is played behind closed doors.

We will get Ifollow for free!

No refund, not with this chairman!

Think that is fair enough. Not the clubs fault. If this becomes a bigger issue would have thought going to watch football would be trivial.

Bigger issue is if a player catches it guess squads go into self isolation no train no matches. Couldit end up with season suspended or ended early? No ups and downs.

4 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

When games are inevitably either postponed or played behind closed doors, will season ticket holders get a pro-rata refund for those games?

Im happy to fore go any refund if they promise to play behind closed doors for the rest of the season 

I'll chance clubs will claim cancellations are due to force majeure and be exempt from having to refund.

Possibly they would go to the extent of granting free access to iFollow on affected matches for ST holders?

Edited by N0rtherner

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yeah must admit i was quite skeptical at first but if left unchecked as some appear to be saying, then it could wreak havoc and hundreds of thousands could die not just a few thousand. 

Got to have strong stance on it, its the hoarders who get me if we all stick together, the  Dunkirk Spirit then there is more than enough available goods to go around. 

Agree completely.

Although I have stocked up.

DM me for decent prices on bum wipes and pasta if you get short.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

This is what will happen for season ticket holders if a game is played behind closed doors.

We will get Ifollow for free!

No refund, not with this chairman!

I would imagine it will be exactly the same with any club or chairman if it comes to it.

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

me 2 ,hundreds of thousands die every year from flu ,virus, sepsis cancer . why is such a big thing been made about it.  surely only hospitals oap homes and the very frail should be protected , its media hysteria. 99% of us will be fine the 1% need looking after and protecting. 

89463782_10157645540560353_4746358978601025536_o.jpg

Guest oz_owl
4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Yes, the majority of us should be fine.  But with a 2 week incubation period, no vaccine, and something that is highly contagious the only way to protect that 1% is quarantine and movement restrictions.  Otherwise you're blithely going around saying "I'm fine, what's the fuss" while you infect a bunch of people who will suffer a serious illness, and possibly die.

And that ignores the possibility of virus mutation.

Edited by oz_owl

5 hours ago, handworth52 said:

it's only just started over here, give it a month or two, IF the figures are dropping then GREAT.

IF we're making Italy look smart, then, we have real problems.

from what I've seen the Chinese think it can be passed in faeces and urine, whilst the americans think it can live on a hard surface for a period of time, I've seen two reports where it can transfer from humans to animals, perhaps vice versa.

going into pubs, etc. and seeing how many men don't wash their hands after using the toilets, (let alone doing it correctly for 30 seconds) how many HAVE to use the exit door handle?, and then use the screen of their phone?, with a survey of atm machines showing that the vast majority of keyboards on those machines carry a trace of faeces I cannot see anyone much NOT getting it. perhaps you're better getting it now, as I fail to see the nhs coping later.

but anyway, time will tell.

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

we've still got the house half full of stuff for the half a dozen brexit deadline days. 😲

• Haha 1