Pete McKee’s take..

2 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

I’ve posted an article about Paixao and Doyen in a separate thread but the Owlstalk Thought Police have removed it

Suggests it contained truth

Id imagine they're scared of getting sued and have maybe being warned. 

3 minutes ago, English Man said:

Id imagine they're scared of getting sued and have maybe being warned. 

All the articles are public knowledge online and there for everyone to see. So why there is such a problem is very strange. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

All the articles are public knowledge online and there for everyone to see. So why there is such a problem is very strange. 

Maybe it's not so much the article that is the worry. It was more the response on here it was likely to generate. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If someone posted something abhorrently racist on another site that doesn’t mean it doesn’t become racist on this one if posted here etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

I’ve posted an article about Paixao and Doyen in a separate thread but the Owlstalk Thought Police have removed it

....just been out walking the dog and come back on here.... has it really?! (Not looked through yet.)

Didn't think that there was anything particularly pejorative or inflammatory in it at all.

Absolutely f.kin bizarre. 

What on earth is going on??

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If someone posted something abhorrently racist on another site that doesn’t mean it doesn’t become racist on this one if posted here etc etc

But there was nothing remotely akin to that in that article.

Something feels very wrong if you're not permitted to host a discussion about the way the club is managed.

20 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Oh, come on. The piece in question contained things that are widely believed but the fact that things are widely rumoured or circulated is not a defence in a defamation action. It is very easy to egg people on to risk their houses. If I had any accountability for this site I would have taken it down as soon as I could. 

Thanks for posting it by the way. I did read it before it got pulled.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Morepork said:

I don't think many of us fully appreciated it at the time but what an absolute blank canvass we were for a discerning new owner. Alas, only we could land someone of this level of incompetence. I kick myself for not fully realising the sh!t we were in when I laid eyes on Cakeball!!! 

like it, or not, we have been for some time, and still are a ****ing joke, IT HAS TO STOP, before the corner can be turned.

swfc has to turn into a professional football club, and cut the clowning about, and amateur approach out.

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's fair enough Neil, but it seems certain individuals inside our club are off limits and not allowed to be questioned at a very worrying time for our club and its furure. Yes, I agree you need to remove anything which crosses the line, and I fully agree with that , but to basically shut down debate on an issue that concerns us all seems gives the impresdion that certain individuals do not want to scrutinised. 

26 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Oh, come on. The piece in question contained things that are widely believed but the fact that things are widely rumoured or circulated is not a defence in a defamation action. It is very easy to egg people on to risk their houses. If I had any accountability for this site I would have taken it down as soon as I could. 

you/we have to be careful, I don't think people always fully appreciate that when shooting from the hip. 

the 'owlstalk thought police' are there to use common sense, and look at it from afar, whilst (hopefully) keeping themselves and us outa trouble.  

no doubt some of the things said are in a number of peoples heads, but it's not always advisable to 'fire it off'. 

i'm not sure for one moment they're policing thoughts, but 'outbursts' yes. 

although we believe we are correct in posting our views, they have good reason to be cautious.

I feel like a poacher turned gamekeeper having to post this.

31 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

That's fair enough Neil, but it seems certain individuals inside our club are off limits and not allowed to be questioned at a very worrying time for our club and its furure. Yes, I agree you need to remove anything which crosses the line, and I fully agree with that , but to basically shut down debate on an issue that concerns us all seems gives the impresdion that certain individuals do not want to scrutinised. 

Absolutely this.

13 hours ago, SiJ said:

Just how much influence does this man wield? 

How deep are his claws into our club? 

I don't buy for one minute that he is just an adviser. 

I think there's a picture emerging, and perhaps Chansiri is not the 'one man band' we're led to believe. 

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I can't remember anyone shutting him down..his posts have always been well received from memory..

Happy for my memory to be wrong, but prior to yesterday I've always thought posts about agents/shadowy figures/stadium/firesales/etc to be meet with responses akin to 'they'd never do that' or 'where's your proof'. 

Edited by cbirks

1 minute ago, cbirks said:

Happy for my memory to be wrong, but prior to yesterday I've always thought posts about agents/shadowy fugures/stadium/firesales/etc to be meet with responses akin to 'they'd never do that' or 'where's your proof'. 

Yes maybe.. but I don't think so in this guy's sense..

18 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think there's a picture emerging, and perhaps Chansiri is not the 'one man band' we're led to believe. 

Something doesn't add up. 

If he was just an adviser, then surely he would have been binned off by now?

If you think back to that second season where we were parking players like Urby Emanuelson. 

It all stinks. I just wonder whether Chansiri has got in to deep with certain people and can't get out. 

• Haha 1