CROWD ON WEDNESDAY

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Just looking back at the 2015-2016 season our average attendance was 22641 which many argue saw some of the best football we have seen in a long time at Hillsborough. Again you would have thought that more supporters would have attended games. I bet we took more than 22641 to Wembley for the play off final? So perhaps the attendance on Wednesday night was to be expected rather than me mistakenly assuming it would be a sell out.

There’s not been many paying on the gate since Chansiri took over. The season after Wembley the average attendance went up to around 27k mainly on the back of increased ST sales.

Now attendances are falling and the club isn’t doing anything to stop them falling. We’ll have to see how far crowds drop before they start going back up again.

On Derby, they’ve consistently had higher gates than us for the last 20 years so no surprise they filled it this week and we didn’t

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The players come and go. We as fans are the constant as are the 11 shirts that are sent out. We mock other clubs for their attendances and claim that if we were at the top we would be selling out. We were third at Christmas but didn't sell out. When the cup draw was made I was looking forward to a full house. Sadly it didnt materialise and maybe our support base should be measured when the going is tough not when there is a clamour for a day out at Wembley.

Or maybe the club hasn't galvanised the fanbase like it could and should have. Things have been drifting for a while, No other business blames its customers like football does.  

14 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

There’s not been many paying on the gate since Chansiri took over. The season after Wembley the average attendance went up to around 27k mainly on the back of increased ST sales.

Now attendances are falling and the club isn’t doing anything to stop them falling. We’ll have to see how far crowds drop before they start going back up again.

On Derby, they’ve consistently had higher gates than us for the last 20 years so no surprise they filled it this week and we didn’t

The club tried to move fans from POTG to having season tickets which was a model the likes of Derby pushed. While we dont have many POTG these days our attendances have averaged around 22500 over the last 20 years.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The club tried to move fans from POTG to having season tickets which was a model the likes of Derby pushed. While we dont have many POTG these days our attendances have averaged around 22500 over the last 20 years.

Which is the correct way forward in my opinion 

Sadly the club overcharged this and also messed up with how they dealt with the multi year deals 

Now we are in a complete tangle 

16 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Unless something changes we won’t average that next season

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Prior to last nights match, playing similar sort of high profile opposition, I wondered if the 'loyal' Derby fans would react to all their equivalent 'mismanagement' & underachievement in the same way as our 'loyal' lot.

Yes.

I've no doubt if they had been pumped at home like we have, been beaten by the bottom clubs, shown no desire to win games, had so called super stars going through the motions and had a manager that would send a glass eye to sleep....

Then my guess is yes.

Added to the fact it was Man utd, (a far bigger draw than Man City) and at least you have a chance of getting a result against them.

22 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The club has tried a few stunts whilst under Chansiri and Doyen with tickets and prices havent they? 

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

We was on free view TV...Derby were on BT..........just saying like!! 

Who has BT though ? everyone has BBC . Tv definitely influenced our crowd along with awful performances of late . Not forgetting Chansiri and is good ole ticket prices !! 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

1 hour ago, torres said:

We have one of the best hardcore supports in the country,we will get 18-22k most weeks in this or league 1, despite being totally garbage on and off the pitch for decades 

That will increase when the Garrido's see us doing well - so they can pretend again for a while 

It's just what it is.

I just wish it was a bit cheaper for the loyal supporters 

Exactly. I will accept no criticism of our support, it's tremendous.  It was also our third home game in 7 days, so a £100 plus layout for casuals.

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Just out of interest 

what were ticket prices for derby v Man U

ST holders:   Child   £10

Senior £15

Adult   £25

POTG:           Child.  £15  

Senior £25

Adult.  £30

So cheaper tickets not the reason for Derby's sell-out crowd.

In fact, taking the child and senior prices into consideration, our prices were slightly cheaper.

Edited by oldtawnyowl

5 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Yep, loads of our fans didn't turn up on Wednesday night for one reason or another. The reasons have been explained and discussed on here numerous times. Those of us that went supported the club financially and vocally for the whole game. We have a hardcore support of about 20k. We have a floating support of similar. We have a passing support of about the same. So 60k or so that we can tap into when the going is good. The going isn't good at the moment so the 20k was made up of hardcore and floating supporters the other night. Many season ticket holders, rest potg regulars. Add in some first timers cos it was man City and that's you're makeup I reckon. 

Not sure what point I'm making but it all just tumbled out. 

60K? We haven't averaged 30K for over 50 years

5 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

We fail to sell tickets for a cup game against one of the best teams in the world. Maybe our support base isn't as good as we would like to think it is.

Your right, it isnt, our away support is great but at home we'd be aswell playing in front of no1.

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

Who are the worst kind of Wednesday fans?

Fans who didnt go on Wednesday?

Or fans who take every opportunity to slag off our fans? 

Oh stop doing attention seeking soundbites, it's supposed to be a grown up debate FFS.

35 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Oh stop doing attention seeking soundbites, it's supposed to be a grown up debate FFS.

All you ever do is tell fans how crap they are and by association how amazing you are

(And the crap ones are people who's view you disagree with)

That's hardly grown up debating

Edited by Guest