CROWD ON WEDNESDAY

I was having this discussion in a Derby pub last night.

The fixtures are so similar you are struggling to spot the difference.

The sad bottom line is around 15k Wednesday fans turned up. That is shocking and I couldn't defend it

1 hour ago, Geedee said:

I was having this discussion in a Derby pub last night.

The fixtures are so similar you are struggling to spot the difference.

The sad bottom line is around 15k Wednesday fans turned up. That is shocking and I couldn't defend it

No. We've lost 0-5, 0-3 and 1-3 at home in the last month. If Derby had that record they wouldn't sell out either.

Guest Bulgaria
8 minutes ago, trumbullowl said:

No. We've lost 0-5, 0-3 and 1-3 at home in the last month. If Derby had that record they wouldn't sell out either.

And added to that, a game against Man utd is more of a draw and you actually stand a chance of getting a result.

Against Man City, it's a foregone conclusion.

I've absolutely no doubt that Newcastle fans are gutted that they have draw then in the quarter finals. 

4 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

Fair point but Derby had only 1 win in the last 5 and most of the tickets for the United game would have been bought before they beat us. So hardly on top form either.

Please understand me I dont blame individual Wednesday fans its is for the club to attract them to come to Hillsborough but it is still a fact that we had 10000 empty home seats for a game like this and that imo is a disgrace. 

26 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Fair point but Derby had only 1 win in the last 5 and most of the tickets for the United game would have been bought before they beat us. So hardly on top form either.

Please understand me I dont blame individual Wednesday fans its is for the club to attract them to come to Hillsborough but it is still a fact that we had 10000 empty home seats for a game like this and that imo is a disgrace. 

You are correct it is a disgrace...a disgrace the way that Chansiri has chosen to operate the business for the last 5 years. We can only hope that those at the club that have mismanaged the business will begin to realise that deliberately setting out to rip-off the customers is not a viable business model. They’ve killed-off the corporate fan, they’ve killed-off the POTG fan and now they are killing off the ST.

On 06/03/2020 at 08:33, Ronnie Starling said:

We fail to sell tickets for a cup game against one of the best teams in the world. Maybe our support base isn't as good as we would like to think it is.

Wrong the support base is massive but most are not wanting time get ripped off by a chairman like ours and the current manager who plays so negative 

supporters can watch on tv it does not make them a lesser supporter at all 

On 06/03/2020 at 09:32, TaxiMark said:

You are right.

Hull would sell out wembley given the chance !

brought over 6k to your place for a mid week league one game, got the then record play off final attendance v bristol city in 2008 86k, got 90k against arsenal fa cup final selling out our allocation both times and 79k against your then league one neighbours in a cup semi final and then the owner thing really hit and only 70k against you. or was it the poor draw of the opposition?