Playyoff Run In

Guest LondonOwl313
16 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Same thing Villa fans said last season I bet.

Villa didn't have no clean sheets Dawson in goal or calamity Pelupessy in midfield though

Look, in the space of about 6 weeks these joke players and this mediocre manager have managed to throw away our season. 

Yeah, they played ok last Saturday, but the whole lot of them are clueless, usless bellends and I can't wait to see the back of them. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Look, in the space of about 6 weeks these joke players and this mediocre manager have managed to throw away our season. 

Yeah, they played ok last Saturday, but the whole lot of them are clueless, usless bellends and I can't wait to see the back of them. 

And prior to new year you was singing their praises and we was going to win the league.

We are not getting in the play offs but equally we are currently 11 points above 22nd place, we need to increase this gap, because if we get 12 points deduction or worse we are in the bottom 3 and the team is devoid of any fight at the moment.

We are conceding too many soft goals and not scoring enough, we are not being unlucky and not getting the rub of the green we have played some of the poorest football many a fan has ever seen in these last 10 games.

Monks policy of not playing Westwood and Hutch two experienced performers who are also big leaders on the pitch is a complete joke then add to that using injuries as an excuse for not playing them the Bannan coming out and saying he is playing injured. The whole club both off and on the pitch is a joke at the moment.

The worrying thing for me is the acceptance of the fans, there is very few calls for the manager to go even though he clearly has lost the plot, the chairman is no where in sight and we have fines, points deductions, issues coming from everywhere.

A very very worrying time to be an Owl with no clear leadership at the club or on the pitch.

I await tonight's game hoping for a win and some breathing space, but I don't want to hear anymore player or manager excuses if players fail to turn up again. As one thing you can guarantee if Hutch was on that pitch tonight - he would run through walls for the team - I cannot say the same for Lees, Pelupessy and Palmer though.

49 minutes ago, alanharper said:
The one thing in our favour is that we have a fair number of games to play against the teams above us that we're chasing, so if we win those then we've instantly gained 3 points on them rather than hoping that they drop points elsewhere.

Of course the main flaw in that theory is that we need to win almost all of those games, when other than the Leeds game which now looks like a fluke performance we've failed to win any of the other league games we've played since Christmas which have all been against very mediocre/poor opposition. But apart from that fact, and the potential/likely points deduction...

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Frank_Lucas said:

And prior to new year you was singing their praises and we was going to win the league.

Brilliant.

What an excellent point:

When the team was doing well you praised them and now that they're utter poo you are calling them rubbish.

Fecking hell.

You are wasted on here. 

Go forth and spread you wisdom and salient words far and wide.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

I realised I was a pessimist when I looked at last nights results and actually thought they were bad for us, as the teams at the bottom won which means a points deduction puts us in serious trouble now.  

Not on your own pal, I did exactly the same thing.

Been told its going to be a 12 point deduction. We will see.

15 minutes ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Tonight #Believe this is our turning point get behind the lads!!!!!! Come on you blue and white wizards let's do this! 

Two things:

1: I want what you have for breakfast.

2: I genuinely believe (not sure why) we will win tonight.

5 hours ago, striker said:

Admire the optimism, but that ship has sailed. 

We've too much to do to trouble the play offs and no form to do it.  

Form no but too much to do? Don't think so.

Really depends on next two games, need two wins.

Bristol city are starting a mini collapse, Preston likely to lose at weekend and still to come to Hillsborough, Brentford starting to lose a few also.

Yes last month has been horrible, but has coincided with Fletcher and fox injuries and bannan carrying a knock.

With these back absolutely no reason why can't go on a run, remember we were 3rd at Xmas for a reason... Reason being league is very poor this year.

Leeds result showed can get results anywhere so not out of it by any means.