Playyoff Run In

Recently I saw a prediction of final points total for the Championship, based on form etc. Wigan, 3rd from bottom, 49 points. Wednesday (can't remember position), final points 60. We pick up a 12 point deduction.......do the maths.

Mind you, if Derby and Brum get clobbered as well, Wigan, Luton and Barnsley might all survive, wonder what the odds are? Could be worth a punt, "Always look on the bright side of life"..

No, I don't think we'll get in the playoffs either.

Guest LondonOwl313
15 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Form no but too much to do? Don't think so.

Really depends on next two games, need two wins.

Bristol city are starting a mini collapse, Preston likely to lose at weekend and still to come to Hillsborough, Brentford starting to lose a few also.

Yes last month has been horrible, but has coincided with Fletcher and fox injuries and bannan carrying a knock.

With these back absolutely no reason why can't go on a run, remember we were 3rd at Xmas for a reason... Reason being league is very poor this year.

Leeds result showed can get results anywhere so not out of it by any means.

When did you last go to Hillsborough? 2016?

21 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Bristol city are starting a mini collapse, Preston likely to lose at weekend and still to come to Hillsborough, Brentford starting to lose a few also.

Yes last month has been horrible, but has coincided with Fletcher and fox injuries and bannan carrying a knock.

With these back absolutely no reason why can't go on a run, remember we were 3rd at Xmas for a reason... Reason being league is very poor this year.

Marry me!

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

When did you last go to Hillsborough? 2016?

Seen every game this year either live or online and up until Christmas not one championship team had outplayed us in any game.

This run is awful BUT anyone with a football brain could see how important Fletcher was in that first half of season and that we had no other striker who can fill that role.

Teams have bad runs and when you're in one it's easy to see no way out. 

Fans were crucifying team for losing at Luton.. look at their result Vs Brentford last night.

I was at Birmingham at weekend and performance after half time was excellent.

I am not saying we will get in play offs but anything is possible in this league and same players showed in first half of season can perform against any team in this division.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Brilliant.

What an excellent point:

When the team was doing well you praised them and now that they're utter poo you are calling them rubbish.

Fecking hell.

You are wasted on here. 

Go forth and spread you wisdom and salient words far and wide.

Why thank you good Sir! May God bless you.

9 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

I realised I was a pessimist when I looked at last nights results and actually thought they were bad for us, as the teams at the bottom won which means a points deduction puts us in serious trouble now.  

I’d say you’re a realist

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Seen every game this year either live or online and up until Christmas not one championship team had outplayed us in any game.

This run is awful BUT anyone with a football brain could see how important Fletcher was in that first half of season and that we had no other striker who can fill that role.

Teams have bad runs and when you're in one it's easy to see no way out. 

Fans were crucifying team for losing at Luton.. look at their result Vs Brentford last night.

I was at Birmingham at weekend and performance after half time was excellent.

I am not saying we will get in play offs but anything is possible in this league and same players showed in first half of season can perform against any team in this division.

Was joking lol.. just don’t think we’re good enough. I know what you’re saying about not being outplayed, but it’s as if the tactics draw us into a stalemate so that the games are fairly even rather than us ever outplaying anyone (exceptions being first 20 mins or so in the Boro and Forest games). The main difference between now and then is that we’re making a lot more defensive mistakes and we’ve had no quality up front in the absence of Fletcher. 

We’re either consistently inconsistent or consistently poor so can’t see us having any chance of putting the kind of run together that would be needed. Think it’s 3 years since we last won 3 on the spin 

Even the first part of OP's statement seems fanciful to me. "Win tonight" was the phrase used? Really?, I hope we do but dont see it so the best chance we have of play off football is in league one next year I'm afraid!

Edited by apswfcowl

Just now, apswfcowl said:

Even the first part of OP's statement seems fanciful to me. "Win tonight" was the phrase used? Really, I hope we do but dont dont see it so the best chance we have of play off football is in league one next year I'm afraid!

Don't don't be like that.

4 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

I'd like you to be right, delighted if I was proved wrong at the end of the season, but......

12 games left, 11 points off 6th place and another 6 teams above us to overtake before we start worrying about Preston in 6th. 

Agree, 3 points tonight and another win on Saturday, might just keep the (mathematical) dream alive for another week or two.

Edited by striker

1 minute ago, striker said:

I'd like you to be right, delighted if I was proved wrong at the end of the season, but......

12 games left, 11 points off 6th place and another 6 teams above us to overtake before we start worrying about Preston in 6th. 

3 points tonight and another win on Saturday, might just keep the (mathematical) dream alive for another week or two.

As already stated the balls in our hands tonight as we know of several results we can move within 8 points tonight and we play those above us in the upcoming games so we could do this on our day we are a match for anyone (albeit players keeping fit) the dreams still alive for now at least lol

2 minutes ago, Frank_Lucas said:

As already stated the balls in our hands tonight as we know of several results we can move within 8 points tonight and we play those above us in the upcoming games so we could do this on our day we are a match for anyone (albeit players giving aT055 ) the dreams still alive for now at least lol

Edited for you lol

Edited by quinnssweetshop