• Bannan
    • Forestieri
    • Lee
    • Harris
    • Fox
    • Wickham
    • Fletcher

5 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Wonder if a bloke who missed a one on one to win us the match AND scored an own goal has ever been MOTM.

Well soon find out.

I thought he was generally good. 

Thought it was the liveliest Harris has looked for some time too. 

Actually thought the attacking plan looked good with a quick and lively front 3.  

Thought Lee and Bannan looked more like their old selves too.

• Like 3

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well soon find out.

I thought he was generally good. 

Thought it was the liveliest Harris has looked for some time too. 

Actually thought the attacking plan looked good with a quick and lively front 3.  

Thought Lee and Bannan looked more like their old selves too.

Indeed.

Thoughly enjoyed it.  Bannan, Lee and Murphy were excellent.

We are cursed though.

Dawson - 6

Couldn’t do much on their goals and was otherwise quiet 

Palmer - 6

Iorfa - 6

lees - 5

not good enough 

Borner - 5 

not at it again

fox - 6

good to have him back 

Harris - 7 

great running and tenacity but needs to be smarter in possession, try new things 

Bannan - 8 MOM 

Back on it today. Always looked to make something happen. Broke up play well 

Lee - 7 

better from Lee. Zipping about everywhere keeping things ticking and won the penalty 

Murphy - 8

Dangerous every time he had it. Superb finish and should have had 2. Permanent starter for me 

FF - 7 

Stood up to the challenge, looked up for it and if anything was going to happen you suspected it would be through him. Taken off to early IMO

Defence let us down again. Much improved higher up the field, but again, it makes me question these group of players as they are capable of much more, so why is the effort there 1 every 10 games? 

• Like 1

Murphy is on good form and has been unlucky not to start more games recently, can't give him man of the match though having scored an own goal with a poor clearance and missed a good chance to make it 4-2.

Forestieri looks lively and made 2 key contributions to our 3 goals. probably doesn't help him that Monk plays him in a different position every game.

We continue to look all at sea defensively and could easily have conceded 5 today. Little confidence in the keeper at the moment and no confidence in any of the CB's Iorfa included. Glad to see Fox back but something needs to be done about the goals and chances we are conceding from central areas. 

Thought Forestieri was a constant menace to them and everything good attacking wise went through him. Man of match for me.

Bannan and Lee looked better and Murphy had a good game.

Tom Lees was very poor and Borner not much better if Iorfa wasn’t injured then bad call from Monk. If he was then he had no choice.

All in all a bad result all round. Monk fans it doesn’t suit as we threw away yet more points from a winning position and although improvement it wasn’t great. Non monk fans he won’t get sack for that and a draw while it’s a point we need more to avoid relegation should the deduction come.

34 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Dawson - 6

Couldn’t do much on their goals and was otherwise quiet 

Palmer - 6

Iorfa - 6

lees - 5

not good enough 

Borner - 5 

not at it again

fox - 6

good to have him back 

Harris - 7 

great running and tenacity but needs to be smarter in possession, try new things 

Bannan - 8 MOM 

Back on it today. Always looked to make something happen. Broke up play well 

Lee - 7 

better from Lee. Zipping about everywhere keeping things ticking and won the penalty 

Murphy - 8

Dangerous every time he had it. Superb finish and should have had 2. Permanent starter for me 

FF - 7 

Stood up to the challenge, looked up for it and if anything was going to happen you suspected it would be through him. Taken off to early IMO

Defence let us down again. Much improved higher up the field, but again, it makes me question these group of players as they are capable of much more, so why is the effort there 1 every 10 games? 

Cracks me up that you just mistakenly omitted Pelupessy

• Haha 3

Dawson - 6, didn't have much to do that he could do much about, if that makes sense. Kicking much better today than in a while. Positioning questionable as the ball entered out box on a couple of occasions.

Pelupessy - 6, actually thought he got involved and broke up play fairly well, wasn't having a great time man-marking Bellingham but it was the toughest role on the pitch today. There was a huge amount of space in our midfield first half, and he did better than I expected at making it slightly trickier to play though directly.

Palmer - 5, felt he was a bit off it today. Better when switched. Distribution remained pretty poor though, and Hogan technically could've been his for the equaliser (but fair play it was a great run and finish, nobody's 'fault' really).

Lees - 4, looked pretty shaky and definitely seemed half a yard off the pace (several sloppy challenges), actually thought he was lucky to get to 27min without a yellow.

Iorfa - 5, really made his pace count a couple of times but his positioning remains iffy for me; his speed tends to bail him out as often as it does us.

Borner - 5, played fairly hard as ever but quite clunky today, seen him infinitely more commanding than that (always when it's just him and Dom, hmmm)

Murphy - 7, would've been an 8 as he was a very promising outlet all game, but you've got to dock a point for an own goal...and I would've done anyway because when he goes up for headers he has absolutely no intention of trying to win them and it fizzes me off. Reach tries harder in aerial battles than old Murph does ffs.

Bannan - 7, better today than for a good while, seemed up for it and tackled back a few times, still dictated things things for us in possession a bit too much but as long as he's in the right half of the pitch I can cope with that. Lots of pointing and arm-flapping at the backline on final whistle by the looks of it, needs to cut that out but he never will. Given him my MOM but it's a tight call, Murphy loses it for the OG.

Forestieri - 6, put in a shift despite being played in a thankless position, and I was really pleased with him for laying it off to the better-placed Murphy for our third. Unselfish and I was pleasantly surprised, for better or worse.

Lee - 5, I thought he struggled a bit today. Brum a fairly big physical side and he looked outmuscled. Asked one or two questions going forward, but couldn't provide anything incisive. Just a very average day at the office, nothing overly concerning. At fault for the own goal if we're being brutally honest.

Harris - 7, didn't get much joy but I thought he really gave them something to think about and never stopped running. It would've been very easy to nullify our attacking threat by doubling up on Murphy if Harris hadn't kept going even though he wasn't getting the rub of the green.

Fox - 6, looked solid enough if a bit more tentative/hesitant than ususal, understandable first game back though.

Wickham - 6, not much to go on in terms of quality service and was quiet in and around the box, but thought he used his strength effectively in build-ups and was impressed to see him chasing and winning a few balls down the channels and out by the corner flag. Wish Murphy was better at that so Wickham could stay in the box where we need him, but hey.

Fletcher - 5, bang average score isn't a reflection on his performance per se, we barely got to see enough of him in serious action to give him a grade I don't think. A distraction for the Brum defence when he came on, but more in theory than in practice. Great to have him back though.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Thanks 1

Great report @Mr. Tom thanks.

Just a question though. 

Lee laid the first off for Bannan, won the pen, and brought the high ball down which fell to FF to set-up Murphy. 5 seems a bit harsh for a CM with such a role in all 3 goals. Was he really poor apart from that?

20 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Just a question though. 

Lee laid the first off for Bannan, won the pen, and brought the high ball down which fell to FF to set-up Murphy. 5 seems a bit harsh for a CM with such a role in all 3 goals. Was he really poor apart from that?

yes, on reflection you’re right - in hindsight I was focusing too much on his slight physical struggle when we didn’t have the ball, overlooked his creative contribution a bit

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Just a question though. 

It’s no secret I like Lee.

Obviously not at his overall best but he played well today.

We just play more football when Lee plays. He gets the ball down and generally passes to one of ours. Great football brain.

Still covers the ground, probably not as much as before, but still more than most.

And still appears from nowhere into dangerous positions.

The penalty was quite close to me and that seemed to happen because he was on the move while others stood still.

• Thanks 1

Much improved performance, especially going forward. Lee looked lively and Bannan is much more effective when he plays further forward, as he did today. Harris looked good, but passing needs improving 

Defence looked shaky, especially when those long throw ins kept being launched into our penalty area.

Overall more positives than negatives - Bannan MOM for me