• Harris
    • Fox
    • Wickham
    • Fletcher

54 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Bannan by an absolute mile

I thought our back four got bullied

We looked better down the left when Fox came on

Harris constantly makes the wrong choice, if it wasn't for his pace he'd be playing in Concorde park

Keiron Lee was busy

Murphy showed flashes

I don't get the love in for Forestieri, for me he's still a pale imitation of the player he was

That's ridiculous.

53 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Harris constantly makes the wrong choice, if it wasn't for his pace he'd be playing in Concorde park

Keiron Lee was busy

Murphy showed flashes

I don't get the love in for Forestieri, for me he's still a pale imitation of the player he was

Made a pivotal contribution to the penalty we won and also made the right decision to put Murphy clean though on goal. He has created some good chances that we have spurned during this poor run.

Yes his decision making is inconsistent but that is the case for most wingers at this level, to say he'd be playing in Concord Park is unfair.

Forestieri scored a goal and set one up. He has recently returned from a long lay off and Monk has played him in 3 or 4 different positions, within different formations, which isn't going to help him settle to any sort of consistency of performance. He has a lot to do to earn a new contract in my eyes over the last quarter of the season but he has played well recently. 

4 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Keiron Lee was busy

Murphy showed flashes

Some people need to think before they drivel, how long has Fessi been out?  He needs at least six games before you can start to make comments like that , atm effort and attitude can't be faulted, great to have him back ,gives us that spark.  MOTM for me and given TIME more to come. 

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

Some people need to think before they drivel, how long has Fessi been out?  He needs at least six games before you can start to make comments like that , atm effort and attitude can't be faulted, great to have him back ,gives us that spark.  MOTM for me and given TIME more to come. 

Some people need to take their blue and white specs off

He's pisssed all over the supporters of this club for the last few years

He should have been sold when he refused to play against Norwich

Next season he will brainwash a different set of supporters

But yeah, he's worth it for a nutmeg now and again

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Keep that clip on file, when he's gone it will be a good while before we can afford a player capable of that sort of thing and his goals like the one at Norwich. 

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Keep that clip on file, when he's gone it will be a good while before we can afford a player capable of that sort of thing and his goals like the one at Norwich. 

You're right

One scorcher and one nutmeg in two years is worth 20k a week.

On 22/02/2020 at 18:00, Dutch McLovin said:

Thought Forestieri was a constant menace to them and everything good attacking wise went through him. Man of match for me.

Bannan and Lee looked better and Murphy had a good game.

Tom Lees was very poor and Borner not much better if Iorfa wasn’t injured then bad call from Monk. If he was then he had no choice.

All in all a bad result all round. Monk fans it doesn’t suit as we threw away yet more points from a winning position and although improvement it wasn’t great. Non monk fans he won’t get sack for that and a draw while it’s a point we need more to avoid relegation should the deduction come.

What about those fans who are neither pro nor anti Monk? I saw us fight back from behind, twice, then get hit with a sucker punch at the end. The bloke who climbed on Lees shoulders to head the ball for the assist would have been flagged, for climbing, if the linesman had been on that quarter of the pitch, but a much better performance from everybody. The subs were all spot on too, with the two players who were getting in the way, taken off. Shame that the young centre half left, he would be playing alongside Lees now I reckon. Borner looks knackered, with zero pace. What a shame because he looked the part earlier this season. 

I gave it to Lee, because he looked like his old self, running with play from box to box, getting on the ball more often, linking up well and breaking up their play. Welcome back KL.

11 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Another one who can’t let go of a mistake someone made years ago, instead using it to justify a POV years later 

Having watched the highlights, I can only conclude TWO things definitely - the first is something we have all seen . Bannan MUST play in an attacking role. he's excellent going forward, but useless as a defender. The other is something Wed have been lacking for years -a good, strong ,big central defender. For their final goal on Sat, their man out jumped Lees by at least a foot. 

Having watched the Owls for many years, it has always been true that  the defence is the key. All the better Wed. sides I have watched have had a strong defence 

13 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

What about those fans who are neither pro nor anti Monk? I saw us fight back from behind, twice, then get hit with a sucker punch at the end. The bloke who climbed on Lees shoulders to head the ball for the assist would have been flagged, for climbing, if the linesman had been on that quarter of the pitch, but a much better performance from everybody. The subs were all spot on too, with the two players who were getting in the way, taken off. Shame that the young centre half left, he would be playing alongside Lees now I reckon. Borner looks knackered, with zero pace. What a shame because he looked the part earlier this season. 

I gave it to Lee, because he looked like his old self, running with play from box to box, getting on the ball more often, linking up well and breaking up their play. Welcome back KL.

Agree Lee was very good and agree Thorniley would have played now... I was against selling him but at the time it looked like the best way for him to get some games.

Im not so sure on Lees though he was all over the place for the most part although I agree Borner looks done in. Was Iorfa injured do you know ?

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Another one who can’t let go of a mistake someone made years ago, instead using it to justify a POV years later 

Tell me what FF has done since then

You can't have the screamer against Norwich, or the nutmeg against Barnsley, we've had those two

All FF's good work was in that first season

He's took the pisss since then

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree Lee was very good and agree Thorniley would have played now... I was against selling him but at the time it looked like the best way for him to get some games.

Im not so sure on Lees though he was all over the place for the most part although I agree Borner looks done in. Was Iorfa injured do you know ?

I liked Thorniley, but he is not getting a game for Blackpool, so probably the right decision to sell him

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I thought that Thorniley was going to take the step up to the first team this season, but you couldn't blame him for going, especially as we brought Bates in on loan. Having seen Bates at Rotherham, I am not really too surprised that we haven't seen him since. What has happened to all the decent centre halves we used to have in this country?

I don't think Iorfa was injured, I didn't register it if he did get a bad knock. I think he was just getting in the way. He is quick and can sometimes make up for his own mistakes, because he is so quick, but I think Lees and Borner both looked better when Iorfa went off, although Borner seems to struggle for pace and his reaction time is not so good either these days. Hopefully he has had the bug that has gone through some of the squad and will end up getting his speed back in the next game or so. Lees looked as bad as the rest of the defence first half, but won so many headers and interceptions in the second half, even when he was being fouled, apart from the assist header right at the end, but he was held down for that one and the officials missed it, or let it go!

4 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Having watched the highlights, I can only conclude TWO things definitely - the first is something we have all seen . Bannan MUST play in an attacking role. he's excellent going forward, but useless as a defender. The other is something Wed have been lacking for years -a good, strong ,big central defender. For their final goal on Sat, their man out jumped Lees by at least a foot. 

Having watched the Owls for many years, it has always been true that  the defence is the key. All the better Wed. sides I have watched have had a strong defence 

If that had been in the box, or on the other side of the pitch where the linesman could see it, I think it would have been given as a foul for climbing, but I agree. If Lees is one of our best three players, as far as effectiveness is concerned, then we need at least one other strong defender alongside him. Iorfa tries hard and is quick at times, but is a bit of a liability, just like Odubajo, when he goes jumping in and commits himself rather than containing the player and letting them make the first move. When you take a player on you try to send them the wrong way then go the other. Iorfa & Odubajo buy the dummys more often than not, then give a free kick away for grabbing hold of the player as he breaks away. We need cooler defenders, like upgrades of Lees and Borner, but hopefully a bit younger and quicker.

I liked Venancio. He got better and better while he was here, but in the end we could not afford him.