If Monk Leaves...

59 minutes ago, GHS said:

I’d take Warnock or Pulis at present.

neither fuuuuuk about and wouldn’t tolerate any of these performances.

shake up required.

This i really can't understand. 

Warnock or Pullis?

Anyone, but Megson? (Who is the real answer)

IF Megson called Mandaric an idiot, then it just shows how perceptive and ahead of his time he was. It's not like disaster has followed in the wake of Mandaric before...

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

This i really can't understand. 

Warnock or Pullis?

Anyone, but Megson? (Who is the real answer)

IF Megson called Mandaric an idiot, then it just shows how perceptive and ahead of his time he was. It's not like disaster has followed in the wake of Mandaric before...

Have you suffered a brain injury?

ive never said anyone but Megson. I actually would bring him in to be honest.

Ive nothing against Monk but feel these leaches ain’t playing for him, it’s the players who are a disgrace.

10 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

As much as I dont want it to happen and think we need a complete fresh start, the available managers list is grim (even worse than before Monk!!). Think it needs to be Bullen to the end of the season and go from there with all the contracts expired

To be fair we were well organised defensively under bullen 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bukta said:

if the stadium sale is allowed in the accounts we are fine. If not we have bust anyway. 

If the stadium sale is allowed we have dodged a bullet, it doesn't fix the problem. We are going to have to sign 10+ new players in the summer too don't forget!

Just not bothered...

35 minutes ago, GHS said:

Have you suffered a brain injury?

ive never said anyone but Megson. I actually would bring him in to be honest.

Ive nothing against Monk but feel these leaches ain’t playing for him, it’s the players who are a disgrace.

Brain Injury!

lol

I think we both agree what the problem is, but for me it's anyone but Warnock.

Megson is the answer.

13 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Brain Injury!

lol

I think we both agree what the problem is, but for me it's anyone but Warnock.

Megson is the answer.

If Megson is the answer, perhaps someone could explain what the question is?

As others have said, right now it's difficult to identify anyone with reasonably up to date managerial experience and a half decent track record who would touch us with a bargepole. Not only are we in something of an accelerating downward spiral, but we tend to destroy managerial careers.

I can't see anyone any good being tempted away from from a current job, so that leaves the recently out of work . Warnock, Grayson, Paul Hurst, Paul Tisdale, Nathan Jones, Stephen Pressley, Jack Ross, Daniel Stendel....... To be fair, many of those do have some qualities, but we're in such a state that I can't see any of them (bar maybe Warnock) being up to it.

What a state we're in..........

2 hours ago, happy bunny said:

Let Monk get on with it, he understands the problems now and is way ahead of anybody else at this moment of standing any chance whatsoever of solving them

Bang on..but get rid of Bullen and the rest of the coaching staff and let him bring his own staff in.

A Tyrant type you say,no nonsense old school..

Megson....Mr Wednesday,says it how it is...sweat blood or foo ook off....

Di Canio...nutter,work ethic,passion,heard he trains em hard,strict regime players hated it at Sunderland....got a tune out of the overpaid slackers tho...

Warnock ...very old school,he would sort em out no nonsense approach with mean eyes,its just the snout problem...

Personally if it comes to iyet another manager,I'd take Carlos back till end of season see what happens...

My 1st choice always been Pearson tho,but to late now...

UTO.......what a mess....

9 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

If Monk goes Carlos has a good chance of getting it I think.. feel like he’s hinting that he wants it and Chansiri will remember that he got play offs twice and we’ve been shybo since

Make yourself an appointment at the corrective training facility.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, malek said:

Who would you want to replace him ? Then again, who in his right state of mind and a bit of reputation would want to come anywhere near to club with problems like we have ?!

Personally I feel we need tyrant of a manager, with my way of highway sort of personality. Last one of this dying breed I knew got blackballed from managing in football league for calling out FA for poor job they are doing and calling owner of a club he managed an idiot.

You called 

:image:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

If Megson is the answer, perhaps someone could explain what the question is?

As others have said, right now it's difficult to identify anyone with reasonably up to date managerial experience and a half decent track record who would touch us with a bargepole. Not only are we in something of an accelerating downward spiral, but we tend to destroy managerial careers.

I can't see anyone any good being tempted away from from a current job, so that leaves the recently out of work . Warnock, Grayson, Paul Hurst, Paul Tisdale, Nathan Jones, Stephen Pressley, Jack Ross, Daniel Stendel....... To be fair, many of those do have some qualities, but we're in such a state that I can't see any of them (bar maybe Warnock) being up to it.

What a state we're in..........

I agree we're in a terrible state.

So why Warnock above Megson?

If we bring Warnock in that would be the final sign we've sold our soul (Sorry Mandaric / Dave Richards sold our Soul) and the club have no connection / understanding with what Sheffield Wednesday was. 

19 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I agree we're in a terrible state.

So why Warnock above Megson?

If we bring Warnock in that would be the final sign we've sold our soul (Sorry Mandaric / Dave Richards sold our Soul) and the club have no connection / understanding with what Sheffield Wednesday was. 

I'm not actually touting Warnock for the job; believe me, I'd have to hold my nose. But it says a great deal about the state we're in that I'd even consider it - a couple of seasons ago that definitely wouldn't have been the case.

As for Warnock above Megson, it's very simple; Warnock has recent managerial experience and recent success at this level. Megson hasn't.

Guest LondonOwl313
56 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Make yourself an appointment at the corrective training facility.

I don’t want it to happen.. just weighing the evidence. And that is that there’s a dearth of available managers who fit the bill.. when we looked 6 months ago the options were poor and since then we’ve had Monk, and Rowett and Cowley have jobs now so who else is there. If we went for Warnock as some have said, he’s stated already that he wanted to finish this season so it’s pointless

So I have no idea who we’d go for. On top of that I’m weighing the fact that Carlos is going over the top with his liking of all things SWFC on twitter and in the media. He wants to manage in England again. Don’t be surprised if he tells Chansiri he wants it if there’s a vacancy.. and if there are no other options, think he might bite because he likely doesn’t have the same view of him as the fans do (I.e. that it’s his fault we wasted all the money) and will just see him as the guy who got 2 play offs

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I'm not actually touting Warnock for the job; believe me, I'd have to hold my nose. But it says a great deal about the state we're in that I'd even consider it - a couple of seasons ago that definitely wouldn't have been the case.

As for Warnock above Megson, it's very simple; Warnock has recent managerial experience and recent success at this level. Megson hasn't.

But we know why Megson is barred from football at this level don't we? He speaks the truth.