If Monk Leaves...

Guest everydays_wednesday
10 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

If Monk goes Carlos has a good chance of getting it I think.. feel like he’s hinting that he wants it and Chansiri will remember that he got play offs twice and we’ve been shybo since

Weren't we shybo when he left?

3 hours ago, happy bunny said:

Let Monk get on with it, he understands the problems now and is way ahead of anybody else at this moment of standing any chance whatsoever of solving them

Monk has now fallen out with all the players, so don’t expect an improvement any time soon.

1 hour ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

A Tyrant type you say,no nonsense old school..

Megson....Mr Wednesday,says it how it is...sweat blood or foo ook off....

Di Canio...nutter,work ethic,passion,heard he trains em hard,strict regime players hated it at Sunderland....got a tune out of the overpaid slackers tho...

Warnock ...very old school,he would sort em out no nonsense approach with mean eyes,its just the snout problem...

Personally if it comes to iyet another manager,I'd take Carlos back till end of season see what happens...

My 1st choice always been Pearson tho,but to late now...

UTO.......what a mess....

Any of these would get us more points than Monk from now until the end of the season.
In fact I’m beginning to think my German Shorthaired Pointer would make a better fist of it.

• Haha 1

As much as I enjoyed the majority of the Carlos era, him coming in now with the team being this bad is a massive no-no.

It's as though he'll be coming in where he left off - If it's at the end of the season, yes, I'd be happy.

Where's Megson been since his last game for us? (serious question btw)

Monk cannot get a performance out of this bunch for love, nor money - I feel his time's up.

Bullen to the end of the season would be the last resort, until a quality manager is found to take over after the season's over.

Warnock until the end of the season would be my choice - his experience and the fact that he wouldn't put up with the

lax attitude from the players we're witnessing now makes him ideal.

Yes, it'd divide supporters opinions but, we're tumbling towards relegation with hope dwindling game by game -

I'm sure he'd relish the challenge.

I don't think it's necessarily a binary choice in respect of who is at fault for the current mess: players or manager. I know we live in an increasingly polarised, black or white world, but the fact is the senior players are to blame, as is the manager.  And for a matter of record, they all need to go: Monk and the ten or so out of contract players and if we can offload any under contract, all the better.
I would love a Milan Mandaric type to be owner - someone who understands football -  but would Chansiri sell and who would buy?
As for managers, I'm an abmirer of Paul Cook, but it will never happen.

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Pay the money and get Jokanovic back from Qatar. Bring in his staff of choice and a Experienced English assistant. 

I've never heard of Jokanovic Back. Is he German? His grandfather wasn't commandant of some appalling "camp" in 2nd World War, was he?

3 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

To be fair we were well organised defensively under bullen 

We were well organised defensively under Monk up to Christmas.

We had one of the best "goals against" records in the Championship.

Borner/Iorfa combination rated, by many, as awesome!

W T F has happened since.WTF:

Edited by oldtawnyowl

Back monk or sack him. Let him bring some of his own guys in. Can’t give any manager one ffp overshadowed transfer window and a coaching team of bullen and weaver and expect them to get top 10. 3rd was a massive overachievement. Other side of the coin however is some of the personnel choices have been baffling and it’s always easier to sack the manager than sack the team. Absolutely has to be an older experienced manager if the trigger is pulled. Pulis wouldn’t take the sort of poo from above that jos, bullen and monk have, like I don’t think Bruce did. Maybe it’d be worth seeing if megson fancied being his assistant again? Failing that maybe dingle mick.

As long as it’s not another off that friggin list All we’ll get from any of those merry go round managers, is more of the same. Better opting for some out of the box thinking, and appointing a tactician, someone who can work with the players we have.

Sick of this manager merry-go-round. 

Stick with monk. Let him bring his own people in and give him a pre-season. 

That said, if Chansiri does pull the trigger, given what we've got, if we are serious about promotion we need to put a serious amount of history behind us and do everything we can to get Warnock in. 

Edited by poite
  • Haha 1

When Monk came in he was on a hiding to nothing, we were in a very poor position as far as new seasons go

To think we were sitting in 3rd at christmas tells me he has something about him considering all the crap going on

If we get rid now what was the point of appointing him in the first place

Monks problem is he’s got to get to the summer to have a massive clear out 

Pretty much all out of contract players will be gone and that leaves a fresh new lot coming in with hopefully the personality’s and attitudes monk wants 

rest is he open to loans or transfers 

and this is the problem of monk wants that overhaul he needs to be in a job and he needs to find away of winning soon otherwise he won’t be the man to see it through 

8 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

With the opportunity to have a full clear out in the summer i just hope whoever it is is short term and then get a quality manager when one inevitably becomes available near the summer

If we are to have a new manager, and beggars can't be choosers, we could do with the next one in place ASAP so he can have a good luck at the squad ahead of the summer ensuring he is best placed to make the right decisions. 

Monk's record was suspect before he even came here at the time he wasn't even one of my preferred choices, I think I wanted the likes of Hughton, Neil or the Cowley Brothers. I reckon when Monk inevitably goes, Bullen should go too, he's been a part of numerous failed regimes.

We need to start fresh with a no nonsense old school manager, just to keep us up and then re-evaluate and rebuild in the summer. In the short term we need a Hughton, Warnock or Megson, for example. But in the long term I'd bring in a up and coming manager or something, someone on the rise and build an identity with them. Whilst bringing in younger players or players with resale value and start making profit on players, like most other clubs.

Our problems run much deeper than the manager but we're presently in as bad form as when Jos was axed. Long term we need a more sensible and forward thinking approach. Even if it takes time, we just need to see things improving on and off the pitch, with a plan and structure in place.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

As long as it’s not another off that friggin list All we’ll get from any of those merry go round managers, is more of the same. Better opting for some out of the box thinking, and appointing a tactician, someone who can work with the players we have.

We have gone from one short term solution to another and now have a squad made up of leftovers from the Dave Jones and Stuart Gray era, some ex youth team players, DCs purchases, a few players that Carlos wanted, a few players recruited while Jos was here, a few players brought in by Bruce and some loan players. This squad are not capable of a short term success, gaining promotion in one, or two seasons, so they are certainly not a long term solution. The number of contracts that are up in the summer should allow us to bring in a larger group of players that our manager actually wants to play his ideal brand of football. If the right manager is allowed to bring in the players that he wants, then this could be a massive opportunity. The fact that funds will be very limited means that we are going to have to be a lot better than we have been lately at getting good fit players into the club who are hungry for success, but hopefully that will mean that our scouts need to up their game and the players coming in will not just be coming because we will pay them more than anyone else.