Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Was we in for Thiago Silva?

Just now, Hookowl said:

yeah.......................just outbid by Chelsea

Have we turned into the spurs team of late 90’s early 00’s.... every major transfer that happened they were apparently in for them. 

Ronaldo, Ronaldinho spring to mind! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, debram said:

Should make Murphy a priority, took some settling in but he was by far our best player last third of season. 

Rangers have tried to sign Murphy they were quote £1m loan fee and cover of his full £40,000 a week wages. He is into the last year of his deal I think. That sort of money counts us out of resigning him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

yeah.......................just outbid by Chelsea

16 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's ones we're not linked with that eventually sign.

As long as it’s not one of our usual back water signings ala de Cruz? Then no problem! Agree that’s how business should be done? Only find out when it’s signed and sealed? Starting to look like last 2/3 summer windows where not a lot happens 😳 although tbf we was under an embargo for at least one of them? Fingers crossed things start moving quickly 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Seem to remember that was more the quality of players being available, but us not wanting to pay the price.

I genuinely struggle to see any quality out there at the minute, even the players that are overpriced don’t seem like they’d be upto the job consistently. 

Oh there’s plenty of quality out there, in fact we’ve secured one of them, Izzy Brown. Garner is still available, and there will be others we can loan, but yes they will be in demand. I’d rather try for them than end up with a Windass or a Winnall. If we are looking to buy, yes quality players who are young enough to have resale value will be harder to find, but they are there Look at Leko and the young Hearts lad, Hickey They too will be in demand, as will most talented youngsters We seem to be doing the right thing, and that is holding out for young players with ability. If we want to buy a youngster, and have the field to ourselves, we will probably have to gamble on a youngster further down the pyramid. 
For the fee we’ve been quoted for Windass, we could probably prize away a top non league talent. Of course he won’t be for the here and now, but that’s what the bigger clubs do. Buy up young talent, play them in our U23s, so we can have a talented group of youngsters who we might be able to call upon in the near future That’s how clubs should evolve

26 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Bit surprised we haven’t been linked with any kind of target man at all ? Let’s hope things are moving behind the scenes? Leko business seems to have followed how a lot of our other business seems to gone? Get linked have talks signs for another club? Know we can’t win them all but we really seem to drag our feet at everything?

Why who else we have "talked" to has signed for someone else?

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Rangers have tried to sign Murphy they were quote £1m loan fee and cover of his full £40,000 a week wages. He is into the last year of his deal I think. That sort of money counts us out of resigning him.

Fact or conjecture?

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Oh there’s plenty of quality out there, in fact we’ve secured one of them, Izzy Brown. Garner is still available, and there will be others we can loan, but yes they will be in demand. I’d rather try for them than end up with a Windass or a Winnall. If we are looking to buy, yes quality players who are young enough to have resale value will be harder to find, but they are there Look at Leko and the young Hearts lad, Hickey They too will be in demand, as will most talented youngsters We seem to be doing the right thing, and that is holding out for young players with ability. If we want to buy a youngster, and have the field to ourselves, we will probably have to gamble on a youngster further down the pyramid. 
For the fee we’ve been quoted for Windass, we could probably prize away a top non league talent. Of course he won’t be for the here and now, but that’s what the bigger clubs do. Buy up young talent, play them in our U23s, so we can have a talented group of youngsters who we might be able to call upon in the near future That’s how clubs should evolve

There a young striker at Charlton called Bonne that we should be going for, we had a chance last season but waited too long and he signed for Charlton.

He scored more championship goals last season than Rhodes, Winnal, Fessi, Bannan, Reach and Da Cruz put together they managed 9 he managed 11 in only 34 games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Triple O said:

So conjecture then. One of those "our sources say" clickbait type articles. Whereas a direct quote from Newcastle is that they are still assessing him before deciding what to do.

So it not real if you don't want to believe it that pretty much every single article out there - I assume you don't believe Co-Vid is real either because it reported by the press.

Some reyt fannies about 

‘Leko is crap’ we need a pacey target man and some midfield beasts through the door ASAP !  

Soon as Leko goes to brum ‘Jesus Christ nobody wants to sign for us we’re in absolute turmoil where’s my white flags it’s all over’ 

Give me strength 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

There a young striker at Charlton called Bonne that we should be going for, we had a chance last season but waited too long and he signed for Charlton.

He scored more championship goals last season than Rhodes, Winnal, Fessi, Bannan, Reach and Da Cruz put together they managed 9 he managed 11 in only 34 games.

Yeah after our interest, when he was at Orient, I watched him closely for Charlton (on tv) Thought he was really rough around the edges, but he still seemed to adapt to Championship football. Don’t suppose Charlton would be keen to sell to us, and he might cost a fair bit now