Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Some reyt fannies about 

‘Leko is crap’ we need a pacey target man and some midfield beasts through the door ASAP !  

Soon as Leko goes to brum ‘Jesus Christ nobody wants to sign for us we’re in absolute turmoil where’s my white flags it’s all over’ 

Give me strength 

or vice versa, Leko is just what we need, a pacy young striker, then he goes to Brum, and it’s, I don’t think he was that good anyway

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

There a young striker at Charlton called Bonne that we should be going for, we had a chance last season but waited too long and he signed for Charlton.

He scored more championship goals last season than Rhodes, Winnal, Fessi, Bannan, Reach and Da Cruz put together they managed 9 he managed 11 in only 34 games.

Hopefully that's the kind of dynamic attacker we're targeting. Even though we missed out on Leko, they're the types of player we should be targeting. Delighted we got Brown, hopefully a few more of that ilk can be signed and would love Murphy to return on loan or to get someone similar. I fear he'll be a big loss if we don't re-sign him or find someone capable of replicating his effectiveness. 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So it not real if you don't want to believe it that pretty much every single article out there - I assume you don't believe Co-Vid is real either because it reported by the press.

Hey I'm really not trying to argue with you mate. Just that those types of "press" sling stuff out there often made up just because a club expressed or implied an interest.

Co-vid nah Donald Trump said it was nowt or is it real now, not sure which version we are on now.

• Like 1

Guest domSWFC

We're playing a very risky game and we need to get 2 strikers in quick. We leave it late and we are asking to be held to ransome with teams knowing of our desperation. 

For those of you old enough back in the 1990's when we were good and played top flight football, had a team of international and players who played for the shirt not their pay packet.

We managed to convert a none scoring centre back into a striker, who for that one season scored some very good and vital goals.

image.thumb.png.820f1d657a9e212347363ca4a5b296e4.png

With all the central defenders we now have could we maybe, just maybe convert one of them into a swash buckling striker again and save ourselves a few quid in the process. 

• Like 2

There are four Championship fixtures before the transfer window shuts, as in 12 points up for grabs.  

We need to hit the ground running, even more so as we go into the new campaign on -12 points.  Therefore getting some strikers in through the doors early and before the season starts is imperative.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

We're playing a very risky game and we need to get 2 strikers in quick. We leave it late and we are asking to be held to ransome with teams knowing of our desperation. 

Had we, like most teams, been doing our recruitment, with 2 or 3 strikers still under contract, we all might have been a bit more relaxed about the situation. When you only have one, it takes on a bit more urgency. 
Under normal circumstances, I’d be delighted with fact that we are looking at talented youngsters with pace and energy The pressure though, to find 3 or 4 of them in a limited amount of time, makes me wonder if we have been a naive about the amount we have to get done Bizarrely, I’m still quietly confident