Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

4 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Maybe clinging at straws BUT..

If the arbitration has concluded and a decision made surely there are two options:

A) we have won and consequently his work for swfc is finished.

B) we lost and we will have to defend the charges, wouldn't his work be still ongoing with us as likely would be involved in fighting the charges?

If A) DC would know and issue a statement himself or through his advisers / lawyer; pronto i would think

If B) Nick De Marco wrote in the past tense, Nick 'represented' Sheffield Wednesday in ....challenging the efl....blah blah blah

Could be the arbitration panel are still considering.

Or DC is building up to an epic statement...like we is foooookedWTF:

2 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

This thing could end like the bloody treaty of Versailles, and we aint the Allies

If we're going to pick a world war, how about DC, as Chamberlain, thinking he'd successfully negotiated his way out of it?

image.png.640931e7cf617649acf02bd8a22f90d6.png

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

If the arbitration has concluded and a decision made surely there are two options:

B) we lost and we will have to defend the charges, wouldn't his work be still ongoing with us as likely would be involved in fighting the charges?

It does appear his involvement has concluded, but concerns me that it doesn't state 'successfully' like in most of his other cases noted.

7 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

On the flip side I think Chansiri said he wanted to seek damages if we won the arbitration so the same lawyer would probably be used to get that.

My guess is we have lost the arbitration so De Marco’s work is finished and we will wait for the EFL punishment to be dished out now 

On 16/02/2020 at 17:28, darra said:

This is the bloke who is supposedly representing us and Derby against the EFL.

Hearing as well.that the QC involved in the case against the council and SYP re crowds leaving the ground is also involved. Looks like both clubs aren't messing about 

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/barristers/nick-de-marco/?fbclid=IwAR2UjS90In6AiMO3g0vL-h0kMlGGKMadMt_UW4A1zBP2yr90eAGrrxe5ZnM

Kieran Magiure just tweeted, he reckons there’s no better sports QC in the country.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

On the flip side I think Chansiri said he wanted to seek damages if we won the arbitration so the same lawyer would probably be used to get that.

My guess is we have lost the arbitration so De Marco’s work is finished and we will wait for the EFL punishment to be dished out now 

Even if lose arbitration, there is still the misconduct hearing, which will be contested.

The misconduct hearing is not just a sentencing hearing.

2 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

I see non of the legal eagles have spotted the giveaway.

SWFC V EFL AND EFL V DERBY

Two different things.

Is also another reason why EFL could potentially wish to take some time announcing the arbitration ruling if they have lost.

Derby have responded to the EFL charges along same lines as us and our ruling could have a big impact on Derby's claim that their charges are also unlawful.

If they have lost they will need to consider how to go forward with derby if same result is likely and how to damage control dropping the charges against them.

But given its us we have probably lost