Barnsley - V - Wednesday OMDT

1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Nope

Wide open

If Luton win today, we are BOTTOM of the league on current form 

Go get a coffee and kick the cat.  We are going through a bad patch no doubt about it, but we do have the players to progress.

We was never going to get promoted with our strike force.  The danger was there for all to see that one we lose Fletcher then we lose touch with the leaders.  Was always going to happen.

With three players making their debuts it was always going to be difficult.  It's going to take a few games for them to settle into the side.

We do need to strengthen in midfield with real quality.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No, I think it is a case of picking the best approach with the players you have available. Monk has done nothing to change our results since losing Fletcher, he hasn't adapted tactically.

The performances are all very similar in terms of the way we are playing, Wigan, Millwall, today all very poor with the ball and lacking a coherent approach. 

I'll ask again as you seem to be avoiding giving an answer, do you think what we have served up since Christmas has been worthy of much praise?

But how do you adapt tactically with a bunch of inept players who seem to spit their dummies out when anything is changed. Monk is not the problem. The chairman gambled all our cash on the Portuguese waiter who spunked all our cash - now we can't spend fizz all and have to make do with the players brought in 3 managers ago. Our squad is old and of Mid Championship standard (at best), that's not Monks fault. 

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Monk is getting me worried now. I thought it was just the players. Nagging doubts creeping in now, that Monk isn't helping.

I genuinely can't tell what the problem is any more. Seems like nothing is working at all. I'm going to go with the most rational thing I can come up with that fits the evidence, which is "an ancient curse"

That was terrible. A half decent team would’ve scored 3 or 4 against us today, we were second best in every area of the pitch. Performances have been rubbish for most of the season but we managed to grind wins out despite playing badly... we’re getting worse with every game now and not even scraping a few wins here and there to paper over the cracks. It’s really bad at the moment 

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Well I dont know how many times the same things can be said, we have waited nearly three months for a reaction that monk and the players keep talking about.

where to start?

dawson playing is like starting a goal down, just an accident waiting to happen every game

lees is a liability and can’t pass a ball, him and borner should never partner together at centre half ever again.

bannan is having a shocking season to his standard and we all know pellupessy is just a wasted shirt especially with a middle 2. 
As for performance and tactics, I just can’t see what the gameplans are, it just looks like players are wondering around not knowing what the fizz to do. Absolutely no shape whatsoever. the players look a mix of looking scared to death and not knowing what they are supposed to do.  Half the team are ball watching and not picking up runners. 

It’s not just a bad run, apart from maybe 4 games this season it’s looked the same every game. 

just nowhere near good enough, the players are struggling but seriously wtf is our game plan and tactics? 

I wish I could argue with some of that but it's just not possible to defend what we are getting from them at the moment.

As you say, we were promised a reaction after the Boxing Day meltdown. One result at Leeds and a couple of cup wins doesn't paper over the results and performances as a whole.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No, I think it is a case of picking the best approach with the players you have available. Monk has done nothing to change our results since losing Fletcher, he hasn't adapted tactically.

The performances are all very similar in terms of the way we are playing, Wigan, Millwall, today all very poor with the ball and lacking a coherent approach. 

I'll ask again as you seem to be avoiding giving an answer, do you think what we have served up since Christmas has been worthy of much praise?

I was responding to the point I had contention with, not avoiding anything...

Just now, slinger208b said:

I was responding to the point I had contention with, not avoiding anything...

Still not offered an opinion about our results and performances since Christmas though........

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Still not offered an opinion about our results and performances since Christmas though........

As they are irrelevant to the conversation and I thought unnecessary based on my last response...

Edited by slinger208b

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

How we have gone from an organised, albeit somewhat dull side, to this is quite an achievement. 

Tbh, think we've been a bit shyte most of the season, got rub of the green a bit early on.

Only a couple of matches all season we looked like winning ...and playing well enough to win it.

This could easily turn into a relegation battle even without a points deduction.

At the current rate of dropped points, come end of March we could be reyt in it..

12 points deducted I think we are foooked.

For opposite reasons now, any points deduction needs to be next season...must play for time.

So that's this season end of, and very likely next as well.

Oh well.

3 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

But how do you adapt tactically with a bunch of inept players who seem to spit their dummies out when anything is changed. Monk is not the problem. The chairman gambled all our cash on the Portuguese waiter who spunked all our cash - now we can't spend fizz all and have to make do with the players brought in 3 managers ago. Our squad is old and of Mid Championship standard (at best), that's not Monks fault. 

Our players were good enough first half of the season to compete in this league. We shouldn't fall off the cliff with the loss of one player. We have been 2nd best against sides in the bottom 6 since Christmas. 

Other teams cope without spending money, blaming Carlos 3 seasons after he left is letting others off the hook. 

We are playing aimlessly. Barnsley, Wigan, Hull, Millwall don't have a lot of quality at this level, at least they played against us with tactics that give the players they have a chance and look like they have a tactical approach.

We look like we are going through the motions and have done for 2 months or more. It is the responsibility of the manager to not allow that to happen.

4 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

As they are irrelevant to the conversation and I thought unnecessary based on my last response...

How is it irrelevant in a match day thread when we are discussing the performance and form of the team?

How do you think we played today?

24 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Wickham, Nuhiu, Rhodes, Winnall, Murphy, Harris, FF, Cruz and Reach are crap up front or could it just be the managers tactics that are pretty average.

More likely that we haven't got a midfield that drives forward to support them.