Barnsley - V - Wednesday OMDT

Just now, SiJ said:

We are shocking. 

How we have gone from an organised, albeit somewhat dull side, to this is quite an achievement. 

We'd struggle in League One going off that. 

Horrific. 

players to blame? Monk? Both? I really am sick and tired of them all to be honest. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Awful performance. Monk is out of his depth. Pelupessy, Dawson and Lees are not/no longer good enough. Having serious doubts about Borner too.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Absolute pile of crap again. These players are a joke. Monk doing nothing to convince me he is the man to take us forward. All those strikers on the pitch and we score 1 goal. 

It's not the fact that we didn't score loads of goals, it is our completely inability to impose ourselves on a team with any sort of style. 

Some of the stuff going on in our games at the moment would be deemed not good enough for the Dog and Duck. 

It is appallingly bad football at the moment. 

1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

I know. All qualified by playing computer games...

Do you not think we have got a squad good enough to pick the right tactics and approach to take the game to a woeful Barnsley defence?

Do you think that performance, and the ones we have witnessed since Christmas have been worthy of much praise?

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Reach has been a constant let down for 3 years. Bailed out by the odd wonder goal.

he could’ve played Iorfa and Borner but that would have meant playing Odubajo who has been terrible or a youngster that’s not yet up to it. But yeah that was an easy call.

Reach has proved one of our most consistent and productive attacking outlets when played on the left

Bury your head in the sand all you want. Your acceptance of mediocrity is part of the problem 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you not think we have got a squad good enough to pick the right tactics and approach to take the game to a woeful Barnsley defence?

Do you think that performance, and the ones we have witnessed since Christmas have been worthy of much praise?

Do you think it's just as easy as "pick the best players"?..

Dissapointed in that result,got a fresh look to side,hopefully the 3 new players and Fessi have blown some cobwebs off and we kick on.

Monk as rung the changes just as most wanted,so why all the hate.

Only listened on radio so cannot comment on individual perfomances.

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I've been watching the team for 50 years now. Can't really count the first few years as a fan... but, i'll say for 35 years... I cannot remember a side so inept as this one, given their " alleged " pedigree.

You've got amnesia.

1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

That sounds extremely familiar...

yes - it's either the players aren't good enough, or we employ poor managers. Other than Bruce the latter is becoming more likely, but our playing staff is very stale and one-dimensional.