Welcome back Forestieri

13 minutes ago, A12owl said:

A long time ago. But so what. Is a player not allowed to get injured. When you are kicked around as much as Fernando is he will get injured. He possibly wasn't allowed a full recovery by previous managers.

He has energy , enthusiasm and more skill than many in the squad.

Never have understood the negativity towards him.

It still wrangles people over Norwichgate.

Get over it and give our most skilful player the support we need him to have. 

So do you think he is worth a new contact? 

As soon as he comes on he makes an impact. Mainly because he actually moves off the ball.

Literally lost count of all the throw ins today where our players just stand there thinking their markers are just gonna get bored and bloody move on. 

Edited by Woodyowl450

One of the things that really gets to me about this team is that they’re so static and play with the tempo of an asthmatic snail. As soon as FF came onto the pitch today he instantly brought more urgency. More movement. More desire.

Guest LittleG
5 hours ago, crookesowl said:

So good to have him playing again. 

I think his performance today just shows all this negativity toward him is based in pure myth. 

He offers so much more than anyone else we have right now. 

Welcome back Fernando!

Fully agree with you but be careful what you say cos, according to some, he is one of the clique that causes all the problems at Hillsborough and we need to get rid. 

15 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Fully agree with you but be careful what you say cos, according to some, he is one of the clique that causes all the problems at Hillsborough and we need to get rid. 

I’ll hold my hands up I’ve given him some stick ,  recently though I suspect I’ve been completely wrong to the point he may even be on the complete opposite side of the ‘clique’ 

What we need from Forestieri now is him to step up, take some responsibility and carry the team upfront in Fletchers absence , don’t like to be a one man team but when Fletchers been fit this season he’s been the main man and we have struggled beyond comprehension without him 

Guest The Horse

Forestieri's done nothing for us the last two years.

*Except be injured and banned.

Welcome back, Fernando.

The entire team lifted in spirit, tempo and upped their game when he came on.

10 hours ago, sheffwed1 said:

He will never get back to the consistency he showed here in the first season. 
Don’t get me wrong he was good when he came on today but another injury or niggle is just round the corner and he will be missing for weeks again. Like a broken record. 

You don’t know that. It’s probable based on his recent past, but you don’t know that for sure. 

12 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

You don’t know that. It’s probable based on his recent past, but you don’t know that for sure. 

We will see. Of course I hope I am wrong but the last couple of years have shown me we can’t rely on him. Maybe he will manage to stay involved with his contract coming to an end...

16 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

The "hate" stems back to him refusing to play at Norwich a few years back. Maybe hatred for what he did was a bit strong but he didn't exactly endear himself to the fans, me included.

Yeah agreed. But football being football.. a few goals and assists and he’ll feel the love again at S6

Guest wilyfox

He is tainted goods, for me, but it was good to see him play again. It would be nice to see him contribute between now and season's end to leave the club on a high. Staying fit is his first challenge. 

14 hours ago, A12owl said:

A long time ago. But so what. Is a player not allowed to get injured. When you are kicked around as much as Fernando is he will get injured. He possibly wasn't allowed a full recovery by previous managers.

He has energy , enthusiasm and more skill than many in the squad.

Never have understood the negativity towards him.

It still wrangles people over Norwichgate.

Get over it and give our most skilful player the support we need him to have. 

It isn't just the Norwich game though is it. 

Yes he has had a lot of time out injured but when he has been fit in the past two and a half seasons he has been consistently inconsistent. Jos didn't pick him when he was fit (though what side Jos did pick was regularly baffling) Bullen didn't start with him all the time when he was available at the start of this season, Monk has commented on his feelings around his fitness and Bannan has has a say on his attitude to training and getting himself back in the side.

Without doubt he is a player worth turning up to watch when on his game and a player who will give the opposition something to have to think about which we have been sorely lacking of late. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see more of him between now and the end of the season which will be great but the cynic in me suggests this will be much for his own benefit as if he doesn't get involved no club will be offering him the kind of contract he has enjoyed over the last 5 years.