Welcome back Forestieri

59 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Didn't exactly get a great ovation when he came on.

Did OK, but I just get the feeling fans don't seem to take to him anymore.

I just think the fans are down in general by not knowing whether we will turn up on the pitch or not  

27 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I said I dont understand the hate he gets when we arent doing well. ..

Hence the last couple of months.

People have been slating him on here and hes been out injured.

Hes not even in the squad.

The team as a whole has been gash and he has been getting dogs abuse for it.

Hes not to blame for us playing terrible over Christmas and beyond.

These same fickle fans look back on Carbone and Di Canio as heroes....

Yet they decided not to play for us...

And literally never did again...

But they are heroes...

Forestieri just gets slated but hes still here and hes a ferk load better than the other players we have

Which, in fairness doesn't say a lot.

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

It’s easy to get distracted by the sideshow that is Fernando when things are not going well.  He may have a part to play over the next 3 months, but at the end of the season we should thank him for some great memories and move on - any offer of a new contract would be sentimental madness.

But offering Fox a contract (who was disgraceful for 2 years) makes perfect sense....sign fox lose FF welcome to league 1 swfc

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

It’s easy to get distracted by the sideshow that is Fernando when things are not going well.  He may have a part to play over the next 3 months, but at the end of the season we should thank him for some great memories and move on - any offer of a new contract would be sentimental madness.

But offering Fox a contract (who was disgraceful for 2 years) makes perfect sense....sign fox lose FF welcome to league 1 swfc

2 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Do you seriously think Forestieri is that influential any more?  On his day he’s twice the player Fox is, I’ll give you that, but that day is long gone - would rather have a team with genuine character and application.

I never said anything about a new contract for Fox, but now you mention it, I would be happy to see him stay beyond the end of the season.  The Forestieri I used to love watching left a long time ago.

Just now, Steve Down South said:

Do you seriously think Forestieri is that influential any more?  On his day he’s twice the player Fox is, I’ll give you that, but that day is long gone - would rather have a team with genuine character and application.

I never said anything about a new contract for Fox, but now you mention it, I would be happy to see him stay beyond the end of the season.  The Forestieri I used to love watching left a long time ago.

Welcome your opinion but for me unless we replace our better players we are in serious trouble. For me fox is a league 1 player at absolute best and that takes into account his improvement

3 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Welcome your opinion but for me unless we replace our better players we are in serious trouble. For me fox is a league 1 player at absolute best and that takes into account his improvement

Agree 100% with replacing better players, and certainly won’t be easy to find someone as good as the 2015/16 version of Forestieri.

I think you are being harsh on Fox, who I would now regard as a decent Championship player, having shown consistency and strength of character this season.  As you say, it’s all about opinions.