Welcome back Forestieri

When you just get to the stage where you think, time to get rid, he is too much trouble, too much wages,  let him go for nothing at the end of the season.

Then you see him play on the same pitch as Nuhiu for just 10 minutes and you realise, what was I thinking. Best talent we have. Gives so much we haven't had for months.

12 minutes ago, swfc.4.ever said:

When you just get to the stage where you think, time to get rid, he is too much trouble, too much wages,  let him go for nothing at the end of the season.

Then you see him play on the same pitch as Nuhiu for just 10 minutes and you realise, what was I thinking. Best talent we have. Gives so much we haven't had for months.

This. The gulf in quality was clear for all to see with the addition of FF and Da Cruz. We’ve been starved of it for so long.

Genuinely excited for the rest of the season. Add Wickham and Windass, with Murphy, Reach and Harris fighting for places behind and I think we could go on a charge. 

1 hour ago, crookesowl said:

This. The gulf in quality was clear for all to see with the addition of FF and Da Cruz. We’ve been starved of it for so long.

Genuinely excited for the rest of the season. Add Wickham and Windass, with Murphy, Reach and Harris fighting for places behind and I think we could go on a charge. 

The times hes been sat on the bench and we have such as big Dave lumbering around mis controlling and giving fouls away is almost criminal 

His attitude may be poor ( I wouldn't know) but I know who I would rather pay to see and it isn't someone who "does a lot of work you dont see"

13 hours ago, sheffwed1 said:

He will never get back to the consistency he showed here in the first season. 
Don’t get me wrong he was good when he came on today but another injury or niggle is just round the corner and he will be missing for weeks again. Like a broken record. 

That first season was a one off. You look at his career record and more often than not he plays 18-25 games a season and scores less than 10 goals. We missed the only chance we had of selling him for decent profit.

Hopefully he puts a shift in from now to the end of the season even if it is only to get a contract elsewhere.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Bannan should have kept his thoughts to himself. It did more harm than good. Comments about colleagues should be kept in house. Has FF made any comments about Bannan's faults or any other players?

I don't think so.

It's not Bannan's job to talk about other players. Poor professionalism. 

I don't disagree with that per say but Bannan is not one to have a history of speaking out against players and has been very positive when speaking about Forestieri in the past so it was a bit out of character and surprising to hear. 

As I say, it wouldn't surprise me if Forestieiri's willingness to play increased in the next few months and he plays more often by sheer coincidence that he needs to find himself a new contract somewhere......  

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Given a choice of Nuhiu or Fernando who would you rather have on the pitch and who would you rather offer a contract.

No ifs or any other criteria.

AN

Or

FF

As you knew when you posted the question, the answer to that is fairly obvious but the 'if's or any other criteria' that you want to rule out do play a significant part in making these decisions. 

41 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Bannan should have kept his thoughts to himself. It did more harm than good. Comments about colleagues should be kept in house. Has FF made any comments about Bannan's faults or any other players?

I don't think so.

It's not Bannan's job to talk about other players. Poor professionalism. 

Think Bannan spoke out against FF attitude with the management blessing to try to get a reaction out of him.

I doubt Bannan would have spoke out if the club were happy with FF attitude.

Just now, A12owl said:

Correct with part 1.

Part 2....too many if' s in every situation.

I would still have FF in my team every week if fit.

There are some who wouldn't have in in their team ever.

Fair enough let's agree to disagree.

I don't disagree with you in terms of having him in the team, I was impressed with him yesterday. 

The 'if fit' part has been open to interpretation at times of late. Monk has implied that on occasions he has been fit to play but has ruled himself out due to not feeling right about his body. My prediction is he will feel right about his body more often as he moves towards not having a £30K per week contract in his pocket.  

10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

But Owls Talk said he wanted away. Had no desire to play for us any longer.

Not necessarily playing for a new contract for us though is he. On current form nobody is going to give him a lucrative offer in the summer but if he has a good 3 months and gives people a reminder of what he is capable of then other clubs might just give him a decent wedge given they wont have a transfer fee to pay. 

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Only a player knows his own body. Why disbelieve him . He may be able to do the training but only he knows how he feels afterwards .

Does a doctor know how you are feeling by just looking at you? You might appear ok but you will have an underlying problem which he will not be able to see. He relies on you telling him . Same with Fernando  . I cannot believe that at any time he is fully fit that he wouldn't want to be in the squad .

Imo. 

Norwich away 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not necessarily playing for a new contract for us though is he. On current form nobody is going to give him a lucrative offer in the summer but if he has a good 3 months and gives people a reminder of what he is capable of then other clubs might just give him a decent wedge given they wont have a transfer fee to pay. 

OK, so he’s just playing for himself then, not for us?

Thanks for clarifying.

Owls Talk is a great source of information, I learn more about what might happen, but 99% of the time doesn’t, every day.

As the general chat is about a disastrous season after a bad month, I’m predicting promotion now. lol

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Only a player knows his own body. Why disbelieve him . He may be able to do the training but only he knows how he feels afterwards .

Does a doctor know how you are feeling by just looking at you? You might appear ok but you will have an underlying problem which he will not be able to see. He relies on you telling him . Same with Fernando  . I cannot believe that at any time he is fully fit that he wouldn't want to be in the squad .

Imo. 

As Monk said, some players are more willing to play with a certain level of fitness than others. Many players comment upon retirement that they can count on one hand the amount of times they felt 100% fit during their careers.

I envisage Forestieri will be feeling fit much more often than he has done lately in the next couple of months which should be good for us but is essential for his future, wherever that may be.