Welcome back Forestieri

11 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Rewind to when we signed him 5 years ago I couldn’t believe we got him , most people on here had no clue what he was like, doing the usual “ Watford fans say this or they say that “ 

but now we have had maybe 1 good season out of him , 

How can a manager work with someone like him in this day and age 

let’s face it as with Fox and Dawson we would have offered him a deal by now 

I reckon that the motivation we will see from FF is to get some interest from another club by trying here for the rest of the season . 
I am sorry but he is a flawed character and needs to be moved on 

Sad but we cannot function as a proper club with problem players. 
apart from Bannan speaking out what affect could it have on junior players if he is taking the Mick in training .

Much easier to offer Fox and Dawson a contact, they are on peanuts in comparison to strikers wages.

How do you know we haven't already offered FF a new contract?

8 minutes ago, swfc.4.ever said:

Well. it wont be easy at all to get someone in with FF's qualities proven in this league on a free transfer, practically impossible, so, I am glad you are not in charge of recruitment. 

Let's hope someone who knows what they are doing has a good long look at it before deciding who does and doesn't get a contract offer.

He’s played in this league for 8 years. The first 2 of those years with us have been good playing 30 odd games each season and scoring 10-15 goals. 

His other 6 seasons he’s either been injured/suspended or a bit part player/impact sub. Hardly practically impossible to find someone to fill that gap, especially with iro £25k a week freed up.

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Click-bait.

Whatever is that?

Attracting attention to a web page in order to generate user-hits which provides the author with income. Often sensationalist stuff with little substance.

A tactic @OWLSTALK is more than familiar with! :ph34r:

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Fortunately I'm not the club accountant..

For a start I can count properly lol

Basic knowledge of the club would tell you who is the highest paid..

He’s got basic knowledge of silly season.com

The end.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Thanks for enlightening me.

I would never have known.:tango:

Seems there's a few things you don't know but seem quite happy to argue the point until the cows come home without much of a basis to back it up.

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Attracting attention to a web page in order to generate user-hits which provides the author with income. Often sensationalist stuff with little substance.

A tactic @OWLSTALK is more than familiar with! :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I see @OWLERTON GHOST and @Mrs Blenkinsops shed

are on here together.

What surprise.

One and the same?

What's all this highlighting usernames about?

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

He’s played in this league for 8 years. The first 2 of those years with us have been good playing 30 odd games each season and scoring 10-15 goals. 

His other 6 seasons he’s either been injured/suspended or a bit part player/impact sub. Hardly practically impossible to find someone to fill that gap, especially with iro £25k a week freed up.

Carlos has been the only manager up to now who knows how to get the best out of him and had him available. Carlos knew he was a "special player" and so did Fulham when they offered 12 million.

I think Monk deserves a chance with FF to pick, hopefully he stays available to take that chance. 

Steve Bruce knew his qualities too but this racism charge was hanging over him, not really his fault when proven not guilty in a court of law but it dragged on and on.

Let's hope we get more of what we saw yesterday now the racism charge is all finished. FF is our special player and we miss him more than any other, why do you think we have done nothing for the past 2 seasons. I dont think we can replace him if he goes for free, for that reason we need to gamble and offer him another contract. He also covers a wide position. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Seems there's a few things you don't know but seem quite happy to argue the point until the cows come home without much of a basis to back it up.

"Argument in an Empty House syndrome" is the correct terminology I do believe ...

You can view it on Modbro apparently Saturday 3pm

• Haha 1

No player in recent years, if ever, has received so much love from so many supporters and returned so little IMO.

I remember a few seasons ago it was basically a tossup between him and Knockaert as to who was the best attacking player in the league. One went on to play in the Premier League, the other spent the next few seasons in and out of a mid table side, not getting on team coaches, riding around on bikes and trying to tell managers where he should be played... It's been a monumental waste of talent.

Is Forestieri a gifted footballer? Of course he is, but has he applied himself to anywhere near his full capabilities in a Wednesday shirt since his first season or 2? Has he fu*k!

I don't hate the kid and can't deny that on his day he's as good as anyone, but frankly I'm done with the tired cliches about having talented players at any cost, even if they've proved consistently that their lack of application almost mitigates their talent entirely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, swfc.4.ever said:

Much easier to offer Fox and Dawson a contact, they are on peanuts in comparison to strikers wages.

How do you know we haven't already offered FF a new contract?

I don’t that’s true 

maybe he will play for nothing to give us a bit off value back .