Welcome back Forestieri

13 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Well, to be quite honest FF is going on a free.   The alternative is to give him a new contract and that quite simply does not make sense.

The man is on more money than he deserves when you think about what he contributes.

So which of our 5 strikers would you offer a contract (assuming JR's is up too, nobody seems to know). Because we cannot let them all go for free can we?

Nuihu ...no chance far to slow and not worth a wage for 10 sub appearances. Proper donkey when he starts a game.

Winnall ...possibly depends how he does from now till end of season, just starting to show some fitness for first time after his injury.

Fletcher ...I'd like to say yes but that's a big risk 32 isn't he and a dodgy knee?

Rhodes ....far too high wages, got to go.

Fessi .....if I had to pick one of the 5 it would be FF, reminded us all yesterday how good he really is. Would be impossible to replace without a 10 million fee and also effective out wide.

Edited by swfc.4.ever
Spelling

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

And Westwood?

Reportedly highest paid player at the club. 

Reported by who?

Westwood is not the highest paid player at the club. 

17 minutes ago, swfc.4.ever said:

So which of our 5 strikers would you offer a contract (assuming JR's is up too, nobody seems to know). Because we cannot let them all go for free can we?

Nuihu ...no chance far to slow and not worth a wage for 10 sub appearances. Proper donkey when he starts a game.

Winnall ...possibly depends how he does from now till end of season, just starting to show some fitness for first time after his injury.

Fletcher ...I'd like to say yes but that's a big risk 32 isn't he and a dodgy knee?

Fessi .....if I had to pick one of the 5 it would be FF, reminded us all yesterday how good he really is. Would be impossible to replace without a 10 million fee and also effective out wide.

Let them all go. Rhodes has another year anyway.

7 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Brilliant. So that article is based on no foundation at all and even says, 2we take a look at the likely Sheffield Wednesday players salaries". 

Westwood was out of contract last summer and was touch and go for a long time whether we would offer him a new deal at all based on last season overall but you think we decided to make him the highest paid player at that point? 

The list also has Borner, Bates and Jones playing for free, good on them! 

OK!

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, swfc.4.ever said:

Simply (I use that word as maybe you are simple)

Yes, you can let all go on a free.

AND  - it is Nuhiu.   I know that is hard for some people to spell, but please try.

Edited by Salmonbones

Rewind to when we signed him 5 years ago I couldn’t believe we got him , most people on here had no clue what he was like, doing the usual “ Watford fans say this or they say that “ 

but now we have had maybe 1 good season out of him , 

How can a manager work with someone like him in this day and age 

let’s face it as with Fox and Dawson we would have offered him a deal by now 

I reckon that the motivation we will see from FF is to get some interest from another club by trying here for the rest of the season . 
I am sorry but he is a flawed character and needs to be moved on 

Sad but we cannot function as a proper club with problem players. 
apart from Bannan speaking out what affect could it have on junior players if he is taking the Mick in training .

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Dunno. Just passing on info I found. You dont have to believe it. I didn't say I did either.

Why draw attention to it then and bring it up in the context of this debate. The article itself says it isn't fact-based and has no source of information to support it. 

Moses Odubajo, an established footballer at this level is on a little over £3K a week according to this and is getting £80K a year less than a goalkeeper fresh out of the academy with little experience. 3 players are on an annual salary of £0. 

2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Easily.

Well. it wont be easy at all to get someone in with FF's qualities proven in this league on a free transfer, practically impossible, so, I am glad you are not in charge of recruitment. 

Let's hope someone who knows what they are doing has a good long look at it before deciding who does and doesn't get a contract offer.

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

So we believe @Mrs Blenkinsops shed

I dont know if they are guessed or made up. Somebody said about FF's wages and he was stealing a living. I purely brought up Westwood as an example of somebody else but rarely gets the abuse that FF gets.

There is some real rubbish published on the wibbly web isn't there?

I've been to forums at the club where the owner said a striker was the highest paid player around the £30K mark. 

Westwood is well paid but is not the top earner. If you don't think there have been plenty of posts having a go at Westwood you must have got blinkers on. 

The website you linked feeds off click-bait for advertising money, like much of the web. When they say, 'likely' salaries and don't quote any source of information at all you can draw your own informed conclusions about the validity of the data.