Harris

15 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Called this yonks ago and got pelters. The most predictable winger we have.

Went a bit more direct today and he looked better for it.

At least a cross hit it’s mark today, which is better than recent months

I saw something a couple of weeks ago which stated Harris had created the most scoring opportunities in the league( clear by 7 from the 2nd)

He’s become a bit predictable though and teams often double up

16 hours ago, theowlsman said:

He’s got a woman’s arse

So as Raheem Sterling, doesn't stop him. :biggrin:

I think Murphy is ahead of him now, I'd play Reach on left and Murphy on right next game with Wickham and Forestieri up front. 

This type of player needs the ball passing down the channels or angled behind their full backs. If Bannan etc did this Harris would have a field day!

Yesterday and over the last few games he's had the ball played square and straight at him pretty much on the half way line! He then has to try and beat their midfielder and full back with the ball rather than using his pace to run on to the ball.

His main attribute is pace not trickery! 

9 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

This type of player needs the ball passing down the channels or angled behind their full backs. If Bannan etc did this Harris would have a field day!

Yesterday and over the last few games he's had the ball played square and straight at him pretty much on the half way line! He then has to try and beat their midfielder and full back with the ball rather than using his pace to run on to the ball.

His main attribute is pace not trickery! 

He does not run into space for that ball to happen - he stays back to goal wanting ball to feet to turn and run at the defender

literally never runs past the defender wanting the ball played over / into space

16 hours ago, prowl said:

He's a decent winger with a few tricks. He was the only one presenting a threat at times this season so he got double teamed. if we get more players presenting a threat he will get more space.

Simple as this 

Harris is one of the few modern looking, technical footballers we have. Getting double marked (even triple at times) is hurting him. He’s one of the few who looks forward every time, most of the team play facing our own goal 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jwowl said:

He does not run into space for that ball to happen - he stays back to goal wanting ball to feet to turn and run at the defender

literally never runs past the defender wanting the ball played over / into space

I guess it's because he knows it's not coming! When he first came we played to his strengths now we don't. Whether that's down to Harris, Bannan, Fox or Monk I don't know. All I know is that's how we need to get the best out of him! 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Impact sub at best, never was as good as some were making out

So created most chances in the league this season impact sub at best ?? Suggests to me the problem lies else where not with Harris. Would agree may need a few games on bench to recharge batteries but far from a failure.

2 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

So created most chances in the league this season impact sub at best ?? Suggests to me the problem lies else where not with Harris. Would agree may need a few games on bench to recharge batteries but far from a failure.

Three assists isn’t great, his final ball is generally poor

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He’d created 27 scoring opportunities up until a couple of weeks ago (from what I’d read)

the problem in this case lies with the people on the end of them.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Already stated needs work on his final ball but assists only covers the ball hitting net not the amount of chances he has made. We have been wasteful all season in front of goal. Fletchers injury has compounded this. Lets hope the new signings bring clinical finishing to the team. You have been right preseason we needed a pacey forward /fox in the box as we have no forward without Fletcher who frightens the opposition. 

17 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Its nice to have options, when have we had such good options to pick from.

Harris

Murphy

Reach

De Cruz

Windass

Forestieri

Can all rotate through the 2/3 attacking midfield positions.

How you think reach and murphy fall into the category of ‘good options’ is beyond me

Bruce wanted quick players to close the opposition down deep in their own half, give them no time on the ball and get in their faces.

This suits the kind of players that Bruce brought in.

Its a dangerous game and while it looked great and got the fans excited in the first few games, you could see how the better teams could pick us off.

Monk doesn’t want to play that style that Bruce had been developing since January last year and has had to try and change it with the limited time and resources that he has had.

Maybe players like Harris are still adapting 

1 hour ago, richowl said:

He’d created 27 scoring opportunities up until a couple of weeks ago (from what I’d read)

Well I hadn’t seen that stat. With only three assists, that’s pretty wasteful from the people ahead. Who has been missing all these chances then, Nuhiu, Rhodes, Winnall and Forestieri, have only had peripheral roles, so maybe Fletcher?

1 hour ago, richowl said:

That’s because we give him the ball and hope he can work some magic. He was doing very well earlier on in the season, but now he looks a bit knackered. Expected to be fair when you give him the ball near the half way line every week and expect him to take on three players, get to the byline and whip in a perfect ball. Even harder when he’s not particularly tricky, he’s just fast. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon