Do You Back Chansiri

Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Why is his Thai nationality even mentioned in your post? …….. Sinister!

You missed the point about Richards being a local Chairman

Suggesting my post was racist instead of addressing the point pretty much sums you up

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Why is his Thai nationality even mentioned in your post? …….. Sinister!

Think he is pointing out that he has no real connection with Sheffield, probably not even heard of the city until about 2 weeks before he took over.
I think having a local identity is important to some if not all fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, OurDan said:

Bet you all hated Dave Richards when we were finishing in the top half of the Premier League, winning the League Cup, playing in the FA Cup Final, signing England Internationals and playing the best football we have ever played under a Chairman from Sheffield

Give me a Thai that had never heard of us 5 years ago, sold our stadium to cover his financial incompetence to take us 2 places lower in the old Second Division over that any day

I've seen about 5 games now in 18 months and every one of them was crap. 

The foundations for all that you mention were built under the stewardship of the often forgotten Bert McGee and I would argue the relative successes of the early 90's were in spite of Richards and not because of him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Prince said:

The foundations for all that you mention were built under the stewardship of the often forgotten Bert McGee and I would argue the relative successes of the early 90's were in spite of Richards and not because of him.

The foundations for our Wembley play off final were built under the stewardship of Milan Mandaric and I would argue the relative successes of the first 2 years of Chansiri were in spite of Chansiri and not because of him

Easy this isn't it

1 minute ago, OurDan said:

The foundations for our Wembley play off final were built under the stewardship of Milan Mandaric and I would argue the relative successes of the first 2 years of Chansiri were in spite of Chansiri and not because of him

Easy this isn't it

Did Milan appoint the manager who took us to the play off final? 

It's only easy when your retorts are backed up with facts.

Just now, OurDan said:

Easy this isn't it

Is that one of the games you attended?

2 minutes ago, Prince said:

Think Richard must take some of the credit for the some of the success of the early 90s.
One of my mates Mums worked at the club on match day at the time and one of the Wembley games he went round everyones house to make sure all the staff had tickets for the game and were taken there and back in style. So I dont think he was 100% bad bloke at all.
But he must also share a lot of the responsibility for the start of the rot that 20 years later we are still having. Getting out while  he could for a cushy job with the Premier league is indefensible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

If we had gone up in those first two years, we would be pushing for Europe, and he would be a hero.

Think we should cut him some slack, no one could have done more, and the unfairness of FFP is holding us back at the moment.

Give over!! What do you base that on?

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Think Richard must take some of the credit for the some of the success of the early 90s.
One of my mates Mums worked at the club on match day at the time and one of the Wembley games he went round everyones house to make sure all the staff had tickets for the game and were taken there and back in style. So I dont think he was 100% bad bloke at all.
But he must also share a lot of the responsibility for the start of the rot that 20 years later we are still having. Getting out while  he could for a cushy job with the Premier league is indefensible.

Sorry but the statement "He when round to everyone's House". Did he come down the chimney in a red suit with a fake beard? I very much doubt he was in the habit of make home visits to the 100+ staff at the time. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

Half of the people on here still back him then. I’m interested to know how far wrong would it have to go before those people stop backing him? Not a dig, just curious.

I think many people think they is little chance of the owner / Chairmen changing anytime soon so only choice is to back him.
Think a better question would be did you have trust in Chansiris running of the club.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think many people think they is little chance of the owner / Chairmen changing anytime soon so only choice is to back him.
Think a better question would be did you have trust in Chansiris running of the club.

No on either . The bloke is clueless so I don’t back him. I want him to leave for the good of the club 

• Haha 1

On 04/02/2020 at 12:49, nilsson said:

Richards gave us the best players, manager and the best years the club has had in living memory.

The only trophy we’ve won in the last 80 years was under Richards. He took us into Europe and to two other cup finals. And the kop was seated and south stand redeveloped under his ownership.

There’s plenty you can criticise him for but you have to remember that aswell.

Chansiri hasn’t achieved anywhere close to what Richards did at the club

Dave Richards spent  the clubs money not his own, a huge difference. He had the opportunity to take us to the next level and didn’t through fear of upsetting his new paymasters. If he had kept Big Ron on the second time and not let him go just out of spite, we would be a very different club to what currently exists.

DC has taken over a business that has been failing for 2 decades, yes he’s made mistakes but I’m afraid the demise of Wednesday lies at the feet of Richards and no one else 

Edited by soldierboyblue

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

Dave Richards doesn’t the clubs money not his own, a huge difference. He had the opportunity to take us to the next level and didn’t through fear of upsetting his new paymasters. If he had kept Big Eon on the second time and not let him go just out of spite, we would be Avery different club to what currently exists.

DC has taken over a business that has been failing for 2 decades, yes he’s made mistakes but I’m afraid the demise of Wednesday lies at the feet of Richards and no one else 

Its 20 years since Dave Richards left Wednesday, surely a couple more people must have been a bit at fault since?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Its 20 years since Dave Richards left Wednesday, surely a couple more people must have been a bit at fault since?

I’m not saying that there aren’t Matt but Richards bad Managment set us on the road to ruin. Of course the chairman who shall not be named is responsible for lots of the problems that exist such as failing to modernise the business etc. It’s a big problem and won’t be fixed without premier money

21 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Dave Richards spent  the clubs money not his own, a huge difference. He had the opportunity to take us to the next level and didn’t through fear of upsetting his new paymasters. If he had kept Big Ron on the second time and not let him go just out of spite, we would be a very different club to what currently exists.

Whats wrong with spending the clubs money? 

4 hours ago, PEARSON said:

Half of the people on here still back him then. I’m interested to know how far wrong would it have to go before those people stop backing him? Not a dig, just curious.

When he's no longer the owner, that doesn't mean I agree with everything he's done but while he owns the club I back the club which also means I'm backing him.

• Like 1