Actually I got it wrong, Bosman didn't change contracts, he just changed the fact your registration to play could be released after a contract.

However what I say is still true.

Did he become what you say?  I don't know, history does not remember him that way only that he changed the face of football forever for the benefit of mainly Football agents, although a few will wrongly argue for the benefit of footballers themselves.

My argument is that right now, if I call in sick I get the first three days unpaid and following that I get the bare minimum.

These players get full whack, and truth be known - an awful lot we have had down at S6 1SW have absolutely taken the proverbial and everyone knows it.

3 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Actually I got it wrong, Bosman didn't change contracts, he just changed the fact your registration to play could be released after a contract.

Did he become what you say?  I don't know, history does not remember him that way only that he changed the face of football forever for the benefit of mainly Football agents, although a few will wrongly argue for the benefit of footballers themselves.

My argument is that right now, if I call in sick I get the first three days unpaid and following that I get the bare minimum.

These players get full whack, and truth be known - an awful lot we have had down at S6 1SW have absolutely taken the proverbial and everyone knows it.

I can't really remember Corky, a long time ago. Just seem to remember he was of the few individuals who didn't actually do very well out of the whole thing and ended up a skint outcast. As I said I remember an interview he did and he just seemed really resentful of the football world. 

Guest Bulgaria
6 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Westwood was injured and Dawson currently has the shirt and is doing fine.

Westwood is back and fit, but Dawson is keeping him out of the side at present.

Whats the issue?

So he will be on the bench tomorrow?

Let's see.

2 hours ago, JOCOWl said:

Think the issue is there's a perception that Westwood is declaring himself not fit when it comes to sitting on the bench. If there are pictures of him in training and he is back fit then he should be in the squad tomorrow and sat on the bench. If he's not available for selection then it needs sorting. If all this is true then it will be a shame as some people will remember him for this and not the brilliant keeper that he has been for us. 

Im sure if he’s fit he’ll be on the bench

33 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Fernando refuses to play- hang him 

Westwood refuses to sit on bench-great servant ,great guy

Owlstalk logic

Too many big time Charlie's screwing this club and some people happy to supply the lube

I'll give you maybe Nano and at a push Westy. Who are the other big time Charlie's screwing the club?

Absolute load of garbage gets spouted on here , there’s little point in Westwood been on the bench really when Wildsmith can be involved ,   No evidence whatsoever of dummy spitting why our fans love to try and create issues where there isn’t one is beyond me 

If we wanna question anyone’s commitment it isn’t Keiren Westwood we should be looking at

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I hate threads like this. Why are people slagging off the best keeper we’ve had since Pressman?

Every one knows my feelings on the keeper situation. Westwood is a much better goalkeeper than Dawson. Anyone who can’t see that in my opinion is a fool. However, and this is an important point. Dawson has come into the team after some poor showings from Westwood. Since then he’s been VERY good. Starting teams should be picked on FORM not names. Therefore, Dawson DESERVES the shirt.

Now I highly doubt that Westy is refusing to play but even if he is, that is still giving Wildsmith some bench experience. If I was Westy I would probably be slightly upset and asking for a transfer but like all the other dumb rumors, we don’t know if that is true either. 
Here’s a novel idea. Let’s support Dawson  100 per cent. Then if Westwood does come back in, let’s do the same for him.

5 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I hate threads like this. Why are people slagging off the best keeper we’ve had since Pressman?

Every one knows my feelings on the keeper situation. Westwood is a much better goalkeeper than Dawson. Anyone who can’t see that in my opinion is a fool. However, and this is an important point. Dawson has come into the team after some poor showings from Westwood. Since then he’s been VERY good. Starting teams should be picked on FORM not names. Therefore, Dawson DESERVES the shirt.

Now I highly doubt that Westy is refusing to play but even if he is, that is still giving Wildsmith some bench experience. If I was Westy I would probably be slightly upset and asking for a transfer but like all the other dumb rumors, we don’t know if that is true either. 
Here’s a novel idea. Let’s support Dawson  100 per cent. Then if Westwood does come back in, let’s do the same for him.

Westwood was a better keeper than Dawson . He isn’t now . He’s also getting worse whilst Dawson is getting better . Only a fool would have Westwood ahead 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Westwood was a better keeper than Dawson . He isn’t now . He’s also getting worse whilst Dawson is getting better . Only a fool would have Westwood ahead 

Wholeheartedly disagree but that’s what opinions are about. You have yours and I have mine. Also a goalkeeper coach myself I  can say without doubt Westwood is the more talented keeper. However, as I said Dawson is improving, and is also still very young for a keeper so could in theory get much better.

If I was the manager I personally wouldn’t have dropped Westwood in the first place but he did and Dawson took his chance with both hands. The solution is simple; if Dawson signs his new contract in January we could then look to move Westy on for a fee. However, if Cameron doesn’t sign in the next two weeks I’d sell him to the highest bidder and reinstate Westwood. We certainly don’t need both of them as Wildsmith should be the number 2.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Love Westwood been brilliant for us, but you only have to look at his Ireland career and comments from Martin O'Neill to realise that he does what he wants when he wants. 

Ruled himself out over xmas didn't he and Monk made sure he got those exact words into his press conference that day "ruled himself out". Monk didn't have to say that, he wanted it to be clear to the fans. 

So brilliant for us, but I dont get the whole "why are people making stuff up just to slag him off", they aren't, all the evidence is there and has been for years. 

11 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Spot on. They have too much power.

30 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

Love Westwood been brilliant for us, but you only have to look at his Ireland career and comments from Martin O'Neill to realise that he does what he wants when he wants. 

Ruled himself out over xmas didn't he and Monk made sure he got those exact words into his press conference that day "ruled himself out". Monk didn't have to say that, he wanted it to be clear to the fans. 

So brilliant for us, but I dont get the whole "why are people making stuff up just to slag him off", they aren't, all the evidence is there and has been for years. 

His Ireland career or lack of it is widely known and accepted.

If he wasn't guaranteed a start, he was interested in travelling.

Guest Bulgaria
36 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

Exactly.

He also mentioned that Westwood dictates as to when he is fit. It's absolutely ridiculous. Great keeper, or was,but the guy takes the wee wee.

Ask Martin O'Neil.

Apparently he is fit.... One guesses he will not be on the bench today.

12 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

I don’t , I get 6 months full pay on the sick and my work isn’t a contact sport where injuries are commonplace some career threatening. Yes the rewards are fantastic , far too much really but it’s no fun being out injured and in constant pain either .